MAKE ME - WEAKIEST LEAD SINGLE

BritintheZone

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it’s a quality song and the only choice lead from Glory. 

I feel like it’s easy to say it’s weak because it had no impact but let’s be real the years of impact are gone. Unless something changes a lot. So we can bump this and evaluate MM after the next lead single does nothing as well. 

It would be a fairer discussion. 

The excitement for Britney music is gone. Ppl make excuses for everything but Britney is visuals. Britney all around is a mess. 

I think future releases will be fun like Glory but nothing will ever be that exciting anymore. So therefore fans will always be disappointed. Up until even WB Britney releasing music was a damn spectacle. Even nonfans were excited to see what she would do. 

It definitely was her weakest lead single. It would've made sense if all the following singles would've been under that tone. Aka, Invitation, Mood Ring, even something like Just Luv Me (which I think it's the worst of the album but follows that vibe). It would've probably been remembered as the snoozefest era by many, but it would've been consistent with a theme and would've justified the choice of MM as the lead single.

But that wasn't the case.

Yes, ballads show versatility and what not, but if people isn't here for a standard pop song by Britney, they'll be even less for a slow song, and MM and Slumber Party are a proof of that.

The only obvious lead single I see is DYWCO, and I still can't comprehend why they didn't release it. For me the singles should've been:

• Private Show as a promo single before the album, with a full videoclip with scenes from the perfume ad. Then it should've been included on Glory as a bonus track.
  1. Do You Wanna Come Over?
  2. Make Me... (without spending too much time on it, moving quickly to the third single)
  3. Better
  4. Liar
  5. Man on the Moon

And maybe just as promo singles during the era, or region-exclusive:

• If I'm Dancing
  • Slumber Party
  • Love Me Down
  • Mood Ring

Just as I say with Britney Jean, knowing that she was gonna stay in Vegas for at least 2 more years, was the perfect excuse to release tons and tons of singles from the same album, even with months apart. From 2014-2015 we should've gotten 6 or 7 singles off BJ. And from 2016-2017 6 or 7 singles from Glory. Ironically, they ended up being the albums with the least amount of singles. 

Are we talking impact and iconic? Then yes it didn’t make a lasting impression with the general public - we also have the crap music video and underwhelming vma performance.

but just as a song - its one of my favorites. Ill take listening to it over slave, matm, hiam, and even work *****. The thing that the other songs have that make it iconic or “better” are the visuals. The music videos and performances and looks that accompanied the other lead singles were much stronger.

I think it’s her weakest.  It’s not a bad song, but it’s just kinda boring.  The video was awful, G whatever is annoying and unnecessary and it’s definitely my least favorite singe/lead album track.  I’ll give her a little credit for opening with a slower song but I’m not a huge fan of it.  Glory has better tracks but none of them would be a hit....she could promote and perform like crazy and she still wouldn’t get a hit.  Britney needs a reinvention for a chance at a hit now.

3 minutes ago, naturalplayboy said:

The thing that the other songs have that make it iconic or “better” are the visuals. The music videos and performances and looks that accompanied the other lead singles were much stronger.

I’ll agree with this.  In pop music there’s more to something being iconic than just the songs - visuals matter.

30 minutes ago, WhatYouNeed said:

and people with taste said bye :badthoughts:

And people with taste were not here for Make Me which is why it tanked. :badthoughts:

HIAM and WB actually got some success while Make Me didn’t even happen. Not to mention HIAM was far more acclaimed and only gets hate because it’s suddenly become the cool thing to bash the FF era.

WB can croak for all I care but at least it’s more memorable and actually goes hard unlike Make Me.

end of.  giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Ringleader34 said:

I think it’s her weakest.  It’s not a bad song, but it’s just kinda boring.  The video was awful, G whatever is annoying and unnecessary and it’s definitely my least favorite singe/lead album track.  I’ll give her a little credit for opening with a slower song but I’m not a huge fan of it.  Glory has better tracks but none of them would be a hit....she could promote and perform like crazy and she still wouldn’t get a hit.  Britney needs a reinvention for a chance at a hit now.

Oh yes, we love this tea. You spoke the words right out my mouth.:mhm:

I still cant understand the ones that say that make me was a QUALITY SONG.

Is it bethooven or what??!! Its a britney Spears song that talks abot *** as many others, but with an UNCATCHY rithm, lyrics or vibe.

So i really cant  see it having more quality than any other britney song.

make me is the very first britney spears lead single that ppl dont even know that exist

Archived