MAKE ME - WEAKIEST LEAD SINGLE

BritintheZone

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, BritneyLover said:

I still cant understand the ones that say that make me was a QUALITY SONG.

Is it bethooven or what??!! Its a britney Spears song that talks abot *** as many others, but with an UNCATCHY rithm, lyrics or vibe.

So i really cant  see it having more quality than any other britney song.

make me is the very first britney spears lead single that ppl dont even know that exist

*** songs can have quality. We Stan Britney. Come on her whole discography is mostly ******. 

I said quality in the fact it was very different for her. It focused a little more on vocals. A more unknown producer. 

Make Me is my favorite Britney song. I loved it from the first listen. It was a solid song for an artist who has been in the game for as long as Britney has. As many have said, it was handled wrong. I still remember hearing a remixed version in a club here in South Africa. 

5 hours ago, naturalplayboy said:

Are we talking impact and iconic? Then yes it didn’t make a lasting impression with the general public - we also have the crap music video and underwhelming vma performance.

but just as a song - its one of my favorites. Ill take listening to it over slave, matm, hiam, and even work *****. The thing that the other songs have that make it iconic or “better” are the visuals. The music videos and performances and looks that accompanied the other lead singles were much stronger.

this

3 hours ago, BritneyLover said:

I still cant understand the ones that say that make me was a QUALITY SONG.

Is it bethooven or what??!! Its a britney Spears song that talks abot *** as many others, but with an UNCATCHY rithm, lyrics or vibe.

So i really cant  see it having more quality than any other britney song.

make me is the very first britney spears lead single that ppl dont even know that exist

literally this. She's singing about getting her pu$$y smashed, there is no real quality to it, it's bland :mhmnod:

MATM unfairly always gets a free pass here because the music video and performances were so incredible. The actual song itself was very weak by Britney standards.

WB was also nothing innovative; it was a rehash of the “spoken robotic faux British accent” thing she had already done previously with S&S. Plus the “Work Work” radio version was really, really bad. In terms of positives, WB had a high-budget MV wherein Britney looked fantastic and engaged. It’s also a good workout song. But overall, it’s extremely generic and doesn’t demonstrate any vocal ability whatsoever. 

In contrast, MM consisted of actual singing and honestly featured some of Britney’s loveliest vocals to date. People only hate on MM due to the lack of commercial success, horrible MV and lackluster VMA performance.

2 hours ago, celebcity88 said:

It's one of her best lead singles, very risky and def. was her choice. 
There were way more radio friendly and potential hit songs on Glory that RCA would've chosen instead, I'm sure. 

I thought I read somewhere that RCA or Larry was the one who chose Make Me instead of Britney

Archived