Has anyone seen this? EXTREMELY interesting

dandy

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Throwing a parade every time Britney shows spontaneity will put an end to the very progress they're celebrating... Britney will react to this with increased self-consciousness."

:woopsie:

I don't wanna give attention to an armchair psychologist who knows nothing about Britney as a person, or her life, but this DO MAKE SENSE THO.

Yeah, I may have believed him, until I watched him insist her being high as a kite during Chaotic was signs of her schizophrenia. Even if it was, you cannot diagnose someone like that when they're under the influence. He sort of lost all credibility right then for me.

That's why I've ignored this.

7 minutes ago, fucknfurter said:

Yeah, I may have believed him, until I watched him insist her being high as a kite during Chaotic was signs of her schizophrenia. Even if it was, you cannot diagnose someone like that when they're under the influence. He sort of lost all credibility right then for me.

That's why I've ignored this.

yeah he himself is a bit nuts but what he says in this specific video makes sense to me.

1 minute ago, The Greatest Show said:

yeah he himself is a bit nuts but what he says in this specific video makes sense to me.

Oh no, I definitely agree. I was sitting here like, "I've never thought of it like that, but it does make sense" and that's why I went and looked at his other videos and saw that. Its worth giving some attention to and he may not be wrong, I just-- she's so obviously high on weed in Chaotic, so some of the things he attributed to it is just a sign of being really stoned, lmao.

Jesus, that's... intimidating. And somehow it does make sense. Does any other of y'all notice Britney's always, during interviews, looking at a person behind the camera after she answers a question? Does that person behind the camera have to give her a clear sign that the answer was fine, or that she needs some sort of approval nowadays from someone? Maybe that is also why she is always rushing into relationships. It really scares me. :crying4:

It's not that deep though. I can understand that choreographer appreciating every little move coz first it WAS a good move, second after all the breakdown in 2007 you would feel excited too for your friend if she starts doing good. And Britney is not stupid, she has grown in a world where most people around her are doing stuff for the camera(maybe not this one) and she can look herself in the mirror so she knows how good she is. And in the POM documentary her choreographer doesnt appreciate her the way in this one and also her tells her to keep practicing.

There is so much wrong with this, I would not know where to begin. What it does bring is some interesting ideas, but also a very dangerous rhetoric. Medication does have a time and place that can be very beneficial to a persons mental wellbeing. Mental health professionals, like all humans are falliable, but her team will be using evidence based care, centred around her individualstic needs, scrutinised carefully through second independent opinion as mandated by the legal frameworks of her conservatorship. I did not choose to delve into his credentials, but this is nothing more than armchair psychology, with a rhetoric  that is biased and on verge of anti-psychiatry. It does no one any justice and is dangerous to populate these sorts of ideas as it stops people seeking help.

54 minutes ago, CrystalDorris said:

There is so much wrong with this, I would not know where to begin. What it does bring is some interesting ideas, but also a very dangerous rhetoric. Medication does have a time and place that can be very beneficial to a persons mental wellbeing. Mental health professionals, like all humans are falliable, but her team will be using evidence based care, centred around her individualstic needs, scrutinised carefully through second independent opinion as mandated by the legal frameworks of her conservatorship. I did not choose to delve into his credentials, but this is nothing more than armchair psychology, with a rhetoric  that is biased and on verge of anti-psychiatry. It does no one any justice and is dangerous to populate these sorts of ideas as it stops people seeking help.

yeah the medication part was bullshit. I think what he said about how they treat her like a puppy has some truth to it tho.

well in the specific case of Andre during For the Record, I guess his exaggerated reaction was a combination of his own flamboyant personality, being in front of a camera and because obviously, anyone would be happy that she was having her own input into that choreography, in that specific moment of her life.

He wasn't oblivious to everything that had happened to her the year before, even that same year a few months earlier, including her lack of enthusiasm in her latest performance, Gimme More at the VMAs, and her latest videoclips. For all he knew, that performer he used to know in her prime was long gone. We don't know, maybe up to that point she had been learning all the moves without asking or doubting anything and this was the very first sign of her putting her own touch. So for someone that knew her at the beginning of her career, and that was conscious of the place she was in after her "breakdown", to see a little glimpse of enthusiasm for her profession would've made them very happy.

Now, I'm not saying it's the healthiest to treat her like a toddler and celebrate everything that she does, but we've all discussed that for years, no one is ignoring it. Because that also includes never going against her decisions, like wearing those ugly wigs at Vegas, or her panda eyes makeup or those ugly outfits. We always wonder who let her go onstage or to the red carpet looking like that. No one dares to tell her what she chooses to wear or look like isn't flattering or makes her look worse. But instead of seeing it as some kind of malevolent plan to control her or ruin her or something, I see it more like her team / her father trying to give her the sense that she can be in control of at least one aspect of her life, since she can't control everything else. If she wants to wear those ugly outfits, let her be, and celebrate her decisions. If she wants to do the knee tapping, go ahead and let's all tap our knees together. I repeat, I don't agree with that, but I kinda see where it comes from. They don't want her to be upset, they don't want her to feel like she has to obey someone else all the time and that she can't have a voice at least in what's related to her career/performances/public image, so they will encourage her to keep being involved, by kissing her butt with every little thing that she does/decides/comes up with :yaknow:

And that was so much more evident in 2008 and in For the record, because everything was still very uncertain. They didn't know if it was gonna work or for how long she was gonna be willing to do this. They didn't know if at the first thing she didn't like she was gonna send everything to hell. After all she had just quit to everything that she was and what she did before, including firing Larry Rudolph, so why would she even want to go back to that again? They were convinced the best for her was to keep her busy and working again (we all doubt that was the best decision) so they convinced her that was the case. But they had to keep reassuring her it was the best decision throughout the whole process, so she wouldn't hesitate. And I think that has extended till this day.

I mean she had an awful year, a bad performance everyone hated her for, so when she rehearsed for the comeback, it was cool to see she's so into it, and that's why he screams YES! Because his Britney, the Britney he knows but lost the past year, is right in front of him doing what she loves looking passionate. She starts laughing first and looks at him, and that's why he cheers her up, something like, you go gurl. I'm the last one to defend her team but let's not come for Andre.

Archived