Anyone buy the BOMT cassette at target?

naturalplayboy

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Ringleader34 said:

No, I just don’t get this concept.  I had been buying cds for over 10 years before BOMT came out.  It’s not even vintage to me like Vinyl - that’s a novelty I get as it wasn’t released on Vinyl originally (that I know of) and that’s trendy.  I just don’t see buying something again, in an inferior format such as a cassette.  Not to be a downer or anything but that’s just how I feel.  

I’d be here for a re release of the album for the 20th anniversary on CD, as a collectible item.  Don’t see that happening any time soon.

I completely agree. Vinyls have this retro side and are nice to display with their big covers. They also sound ok (some people prefer their sound over to CDs, even tough I prefer the latter).

Cassettes, on the other hand, have a shitty sound and have little display value. :juggingu:

9 hours ago, Spearsfan said:

I didn’t even see cds until about 1999. 

Target only mostly had a cassette area when oops was released. I remember that.

No Strings Attached was my first actual cd though. 

Yeah that shook me to find out people been doing CDs since the 80s. I seriously thought the 90s were only about cassettes.

14 minutes ago, Khoazie said:

Yeah that shook me to find out people been doing CDs since the 80s. I seriously thought the 90s were only about cassettes.

Compact Disc format has been around since 1984, but it wasn't affordable at first. By the late 80's and beginning of the 90s it became a more affordable phenomenon so yeah, it's pretty old! :whatitellu:

20 minutes ago, pablitonizer said:

Compact Disc format has been around since 1984, but it wasn't affordable at first. By the late 80's and beginning of the 90s it became a more affordable phenomenon so yeah, it's pretty old! :whatitellu:

Maybe I didn’t pay attention because I was pretty young in the 90s

I liked cassettes when I was little because they could take more damage

Just now, Avatar said:

I still havent seen it. I've been to a few different Targets, theyre still setting things up.

What is being set up? This is why I’m confused. I keep looking by the new vinyl section in electronic. Also the teen clothing area has this setup of old school bands and nosagalia things but Britney would be out of place because it’s all classic rock. 

1 minute ago, Spearsfan said:

What is being set up? This is why I’m confused. I keep looking by the new vinyl section in electronic. Also the teen clothing area has this setup of old school bands and nosagalia things but Britney would be out of place because it’s all classic rock. 

The holiday section.. isn't that where it's going to be? 

3 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

I haven’t heard that. First I heard kid section, than I heard electronics, but the retro thing ppl keep talking about is in female clothing. I’m confused. 

I walk the whole store, the only section that seems to be changing is the holiday section and display in the middle at nicer/bigger stores.

2 hours ago, Spearsfan said:

I have no clue. I’ve been looking every where. I have seen a single cassette of any kind. 

I was at Target again today and did not see Britney's cassette or any other cassettes on the floor. I already bought my copies (asked the electronics guys and they got them for me from the back) but I'm just confused as to why they aren't actually out on the floor yet...

I bought the cassette and I have a record player that can also play through Bluetooth, auxiliary output, CDs and cassettes so I was able to play it. Of course, the sound is inferior but I think having one is cool and nostalgic so I ain't mad at it. Plus, I never had a Britney cassette!

• Super Mods
6 minutes ago, Avatar said:

So I went to Target today and its still not there, but the label is there and its on a shelf in the teen girl section like originally reported.. :hibebe:

I took a pic, But I'm too old to know how to post it.

I keep going to so many targets and never seen the display. Like are they waiting till the holiday shopping starts? 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived