Anyone buy the BOMT cassette at target?

naturalplayboy

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, I just don’t get this concept.  I had been buying cds for over 10 years before BOMT came out.  It’s not even vintage to me like Vinyl - that’s a novelty I get as it wasn’t released on Vinyl originally (that I know of) and that’s trendy.  I just don’t see buying something again, in an inferior format such as a cassette.  Not to be a downer or anything but that’s just how I feel.  

I’d be here for a re release of the album for the 20th anniversary on CD, as a collectible item.  Don’t see that happening any time soon.

• Super Mods
3 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

:kyliecry: I won't be able to go to San Diego until next week (I live in Mexico) so who knows if I'll still find any by then if you say there's so few per store. 

Well I bought 2 and soon realized it was unnecessary ( I usually buy 2 so I can open and one to lock away to remain pristine) but I look at the cassettes and realized I won’t be listening to it ( I don’t even have a cassette player anymore!) and I hate to return it and have it potentially be taken by a greedy person that will try to profit off of it. If you want to buy it off me, I wouldn’t mind.

2 hours ago, Ringleader34 said:

No, I just don’t get this concept.  I had been buying cds for over 10 years before BOMT came out.  It’s not even vintage to me like Vinyl - that’s a novelty I get as it wasn’t released on Vinyl originally (that I know of) and that’s trendy.  I just don’t see buying something again, in an inferior format such as a cassette.  Not to be a downer or anything but that’s just how I feel.  

I’d be here for a re release of the album for the 20th anniversary on CD, as a collectible item.  Don’t see that happening any time soon.

You were buying CDs since the 80s? 

:calculating:

Just now, Ringleader34 said:

From what I can remember, yes.

Wow. I must’ve been behind the times. I didn’t start buying CDs until like, 1997 or so. I really thought CDs weren’t a thing until the late 90s...

Just now, Khoazie said:

Wow. I must’ve been behind the times. I didn’t start buying CDs until like, 1997 or so. I really thought CDs weren’t a thing until the late 90s...

Music has always been my big interest so I naturally wanted a CD player when they became affordable to most consumers at “reasonable prices”.  

4 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

Well I bought 2 and soon realized it was unnecessary ( I usually buy 2 so I can open and one to lock away to remain pristine) but I look at the cassettes and realized I won’t be listening to it ( I don’t even have a cassette player anymore!) and I hate to return it and have it potentially be taken by a greedy person that will try to profit off of it. If you want to buy it off me, I wouldn’t mind.

That would be awesome, I'll see if I'm able to grab one myself next week, and if I don't, then if you're still willing to sell it to me, I would appreciate. But, how does it work? :calculating:  I've never bought anything outside of Amazon or ebay or that kind of stores.

7 hours ago, Ringleader34 said:

it's more of a collectors item and for a lot of people its nostalgia (even if it isnt for you omg). i dont get why thats such a hard concept to grasp for some. 

• Super Mods
1 hour ago, PokemonSpears said:

That would be awesome, I'll see if I'm able to grab one myself next week, and if I don't, then if you're still willing to sell it to me, I would appreciate. But, how does it work? :calculating:  I've never bought anything outside of Amazon or ebay or that kind of stores.

Yeah no prob! Tbh I don’t know either but I’ll figure it out, shouldn’t be that hard right? The cassette was like 13 bucks I think. 

6 hours ago, Khoazie said:

I didn’t even see cds until about 1999. 

Target only mostly had a cassette area when oops was released. I remember that.

No Strings Attached was my first actual cd though. 

6 hours ago, WilderWein said:

it's more of a collectors item and for a lot of people its nostalgia (even if it isnt for you omg). i dont get why thats such a hard concept to grasp for some. 

It’s my opinion - why can’t I to state it?  If others like it, great but I’m not feeling the concept and nicely explained why. Is it that big of a deal?  Enjoy the cassette!

Archived