Apparently, Britney wanted to start her own label in 2004

sarahbbyy

On 10/28/2018 at 8:52 AM, puppylo16 said:

Well you come off as a Beyoncé Stan because Britney has changed and contributed a lot to the songs and more than Beyoncé and we hear this from people from the industry while Beyoncé gets called out for being a thief.

Many people in the industry are just plain old racist. Beyonce only takes what she is entitled to. 

She fully explains her creative process and people can hear the demos. 

She vocal produces so is entitled to production credit and songwriting credits non lyrical contribution.

the same songwriters who complain like dianne warren are happy to give credits to white artist songs who have not contributed at all for example Gaga with until it happen to you. We can hear the demos and see Beyonces changes. 

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/28/2018 at 2:03 AM, Million Billion said:

Well, that makes sense if we consider she wanted to hire/ sponsor Jojo at the time but for some reason she said no. And it even makes much more sense if we think about the whole atmosphere around the rumored Mona Lisa album.

BUT... i refuse to think it's true because at least, since 2003 or 2004 she has had enough power and authority to say YES and NO to many of the things about her career. During her early years it's comprehensible she was completely attached to her label but as from IN THE ZONE we could clearly see her input in her career, otherwise JIVE would have never allowed the Vma kiss, the explicit lyrics in the ITZ album, the racy performances at the OHT and during the entire era. 

Maybe after the breakdown and comeback eras she had her mind too busy working in getting herself better but after 2010 she could have easily started her own company and support unknown acts, or maybe she has done it but we just don't know, she is millionare ofc she must have her money invested in something she knows how it works better than anyone, the music industry. :yeaok:

... restaurants in NYC are not included ofc :tehe:

Not entirely true. It's been documented by herself and others she had to PUSH for releasing Toxic as a single. Jive wanted I Got That Boom Boom. She honestly had to convince them so she didn't had to power to say yes or no...

If she didn't fight for what she wanted, she might have never had that grammy.. 

Somehow, Britney's artistic freedom has always been limited if there was any... she can't do the things she want a la Madonna or Mariah...

• 1 year later...

Thought I would bump this thread since it was related to my recent original post asking why Britney never started her record label in 2004/2005.

On 1/27/2020 at 8:29 PM, Derrick said:

I don’t think you guys understand. Britney has been so sheltered from the business side of her career. 

She couldn’t ever have pulled a Rihanna, she probably didn’t even know what resources she had at her hands in 2004-2005. She was so focused on wanting to break free and have a break that she probably wasn’t even thinking long term.

then she gets mixed up in partying and living life her career took a back seat. She hadn’t been able to be the artist she wanted which made her lose her passion and drive which makes sense. She literally been shoved from point A to point B her entire career. 

it would have been nice to see her live her truth and maybe one day she will get to. Sadly it’ll probably be after her prime has come and gone. They took her best years and it is hella sad.

On 10/31/2018 at 2:43 AM, Sil said:

Britney always shared tons of ideas and projetcs but never had the balls to do 2% of them because she knew it would take a lot of time and work. Next.

It's tough, because she made enough money by 2004 to both invest smartly for the rest of her life AND start a new label.

Can you entirely blame the media/public for 2005-early 2008???  She herself said she wanted a career break yet instead of leaving the spotlight she was selling her baby/wedding pictures to magazines and worst of all making a reality show despite, again, wanting a break from the spotlight.  Did she not think this would attract more media attention?

On 1/30/2020 at 2:26 PM, Kartofelek said:

she was a product for the record label, there was no way they would let her go. she may have been unsigned for a month, but then when she premiered Mona Lisa she was in trouble with her label, so I assume at one point she probably had her contract extended or renegotiated. sadly, it never brought any changes besides that she had more "control" over Blackout, but even there the label had to step in and fix it for her.

By 2004, she had the resources to invest well for the rest of her life and find out how to create her own label. 

She already achieved all she could have via a record label from 1998-2004.  She would have easily kept her passionate fanbase, by releasing the music she wanted to release when she wanted to release it.  There would be no 2007 VMA, which is the real reason she is the performer she is today.

If it didn't work then she could try to return to a big label in the late 2000s/2010s.  I'm just saying after 2004, she should have left Jive, left the spotlight, start her own label channel her 'rebellion' through music rather than make a dumb reality show, when she herself wanted to leave the spotlight.

Archived