Apparently, Britney wanted to start her own label in 2004

sarahbbyy

In an article with Entertainment Weekly titled, Britney Spears: Nobody's Angel, she states she was hoping to start her own record label. 

AND

That Japan conference she had during the In The Zone era is my favorite music interview of hers because she stated she wanted to produce the entire next album by herself. Obviously, after all of her struggles with Kevin, she decided to let the other producers just create the album without her input in a sense of being the main songwriter/producer but if that didn't happen, she would have taken over the production aspect and said she would have only worked with one other producer to teach her/for guidance.

At 4:37

I just thought it was interesting. We might not get the same Britney as a performer but whatever amount of albums she decides to release from now until she maybe wants to retire, I am sure we will be getting it even better. I think we are safe in the general musical aspect of things.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly..she picked the songs ..
POM was based on her life
Heaven on earth was her vision for her baby

u can say that she structured the album
but ofc ppl wont say that, ppl will say that for Beyonce with Lemonade even tho she didnt write **** but yea

doublke standards

18 minutes ago, Soni said:

Honestly..she picked the songs ..
POM was based on her life
Heaven on earth was her vision for her baby

u can say that she structured the album
but ofc ppl wont say that, ppl will say that for Beyonce with Lemonade even tho she didnt write **** but yea

doublke standards

I die every time I remember Heaven on Earth is about Jayden James.

Well, that makes sense if we consider she wanted to hire/ sponsor Jojo at the time but for some reason she said no. And it even makes much more sense if we think about the whole atmosphere around the rumored Mona Lisa album.

BUT... i refuse to think it's true because at least, since 2003 or 2004 she has had enough power and authority to say YES and NO to many of the things about her career. During her early years it's comprehensible she was completely attached to her label but as from IN THE ZONE we could clearly see her input in her career, otherwise JIVE would have never allowed the Vma kiss, the explicit lyrics in the ITZ album, the racy performances at the OHT and during the entire era. 

Maybe after the breakdown and comeback eras she had her mind too busy working in getting herself better but after 2010 she could have easily started her own company and support unknown acts, or maybe she has done it but we just don't know, she is millionare ofc she must have her money invested in something she knows how it works better than anyone, the music industry. :yeaok:

... restaurants in NYC are not included ofc :tehe:

ITZ was Britney at her best. Everything was on point. It’s a shame she got lost after that, it would of been amazing to see how her career would of turned out had she never had the infamous breakdown. Something more experimental might have come about because it would of been her own thing. We got blackout, which is great, but then Circus and FF and well... :bedtime:

I always wonder if it weren’t for the breakdown, how much more artistic control she would have gained. You hear of other pop girls feeling controlled by their label or not having their voice heard and really pushing back to have a say and still having a say now. It seems Britney started to do that but then the partying and K-Fed and all these bad decisions kinda got in the way, and now she’s more controlled than ever. And now we’ll probably never see her fully have control in the future :-/

50 minutes ago, Marcanthony said:

heaven on earth is about Jayden? :ehidk:

and that's(and why should i be sad) the only song i dont like on Blackout. thank god:jackk:

It was one of the first songs she recorded from Blackout when she was still pregnat in 06 so I wouldn't be surprised if it was dedicated to her babies. I thought it was for Sean, who had been born already but anyways, it's the same perspective from her motherhood 

Archived