Britney Spears' First-Ever Single "Baby One More Time" Turns 20-Years-Old Today!

Mc54

21 hours ago, Khoazie said:
  • How old were you when this song was released to radio
  • Where were you when you heard BOMT for the first time?
  • DId any of you buy the single/album on cassette or CD?  If so, from where?
  • What were your first impressions/thoughts/feelings?
  • Any special memories attached to this

- 8 years old :overwhelm:

- Can’t remember but I know it was around the time it was released cuz my sister was 18 at the time and she would listen to music all the time. :makesomenoise:

- My sister did buy it and I stole it from her when she moved out :yaknow:

- Cool and a lot of fun. I wanted to be a girl at the time and Britney became my icon and role model almost instantly. Now I’m just a bottom twink who likes domination. :jfallonlol:

- My sister teaching the choreo Britney does at the begining of the MV. :cutebrit:

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, ImmaSlave4U said:

Awesome post! I love your memories. ?

My local radio station KDUK does an "Old Skool Lunch" hour where they play older hits from 12pm-1pm. I scheduled my BOMT text request last week to be sent out tomorrow at 11am! ?

1. How old were you when this song was released to radio? 13 years old. 
  2. Where were you when you heard BOMT for the first time? Home sick w/ a bad cold. It made me feel better!
  3. Did any of you buy the single/album on cassette or CD?  My mom bought both the single & album for me.
  4. What were your first impressions/thoughts/feelings? Finally something I could truly get into musically.
  5. Any special memories attached to this song? Spending hours putting up all my posters on my bedroom wall w/ the CD on repeat. I also had the "answering machine cassette" I used for my answering machine's outgoing message.  It had the song's instrumental intro and then Britney said something about not being able to get to the phone but to "hit me back, baby...one more time" haha! There was also one with a Sometimes theme where she was like, "sometimes I can't come to the phone..." ?

KDUK in Eugene?! 

On 10/23/2018 at 5:03 PM, Khoazie said:

We went through high school during a Primeney! Our adolescence. Those incredibly formulative years. Blessed. 

YES!!! Absolutely!! I couldn't ask for anything better!! To be a teenager during Primeney was epicness!! :pumped: It will never happen again..History will not repeat itself with that one!! It was such an amazing time when Britney literally ruled the world for almost a decade!!

Archived