When Britney started a whole new awards show in 1999

Teen Choice Awards - 1999

Remember when Fox television network started a whole new awards show around Britney?  Lets take a trip back to August 1, 1999, and revisit the 1st ever Teen Choice Awards, an annual awards show to "honor the year's biggest achievements in music, film, sports, television, fashion, and more, voted by viewers living in the USA, aged 13 and over through various social media sites." (Teen Choice Awards - wikipedia)

QvB7.gif

On August 1, 1999, Britney took a break from her first debut concert tour, Baby One More Time Tour, to introduce the new awards show to the world.  This was also Britney's first awards-show performance, where she sang her "medley of the ballad 'Sometimes' and the feisty '(You Drive Me) Crazy'" (Rolling Stone)

ezgif_2_d12fc5f6e5.gif

giphy.gif

Britney also won awards in the following categories:

• 1999 Choice Music Single: "...Baby One More Time"
  • 1999 Choice Music Album: "...Baby One More Time"

QvBA.gif

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I miss her old school unisex choreos from the nineties, after the Onyx tour all her choreos (whether good or bad) all lean towards feminine. I honestly feel these old school choreographies (with a modern take) would work to her advantage since she isn't fluid as before for more feminine and sensual choreographies. But then again that also probably means she needs to move away from midtempo songs to more dance music.

3 hours ago, It'sSandraBitch said:

Everything from 90s early 00s oh my god can kick everything nowadays.

I will be stuck forever in that time, god bless that era. Even every single choreography is better than anything today waaaaaah

Same boo

1 hour ago, Stannedforever said:

ezgif_2_c389934c35.gifezgif_2_d12fc5f6e5.gif

Okay this choreography is (partly) pretty simple and has mostly hand and head movement but it's still very enetrtraining and I think she could do this in 2018 too but her current coreographies are horrible  :decisions: Also she needs less revealing clothes like these and her dancers should dance more like this.

Yeah I've been saying the same as well.  All of her iconic choregraphy is actually really simple, it was the execution, personality and the music that made it more impactful.  Ever since the FFT era, the choreographies they've been given have changed to more theatrical step-by-step moves, instead of simple natural fluid moves that goes with the natural movements of the bodies.  Because of that, everyone (including her dancers) look so uncomfortable because they're too busy trying to do the step-by-step moves and keeping in sync, whereas before the moves were more natural so everyone can focus more on the personality and execution instead. Britney and the dancers can definitely still do it (as we've seen in her IG videos, especially in the clip where she and the dancer choreographed it themselves to the Janet song).  Honestly, they should just ditch all the POM choreographers and let her and maybe 1 or 2 of her dancers choregraph everything themselves, especially if they're going to be cheap and not hire proper choreographers who would take the time to make moves catered to their dancers.  Britney and her dancers know their own moves the best, so it would be better that way anyway. Otherwise, please invest in some capable choreographers.

1 hour ago, Stannedforever said:

ezgif_2_c389934c35.gifezgif_2_d12fc5f6e5.gif

Okay this choreography is (partly) pretty simple and has mostly hand and head movement but it's still very enetrtraining and I think she could do this in 2018 too but her current coreographies are horrible  :decisions: Also she needs less revealing clothes like these and her dancers should dance more like this.

Yeah, it's simple, but I just realized that when she is standing wide, it looks so fire, like going to action + strong, powerful passionate execution of rest of body movements make it just daaaaaaaamn that's iconic

• Super Mods
19 hours ago, It'sSandraBitch said:

Everything from 90s early 00s oh my god can kick everything nowadays.

I will be stuck forever in that time, god bless that era. Even every single choreography is better than anything today waaaaaah

Not to mention the music videos. All are high budget and high concept. It was actually worth watching. 

41 minutes ago, It'sSandraBitch said:

Exactly! So much thought put in them, and actual work, not like nowadays just a quick cheap money grab meh

Ughh. When Britney was into her craft, she fully committed. Primeney music videos were an event, every time. She was the only thing on MTV that made me excited 

Archived