MTV VMAs 2000 Performance Comes of Age!

13 hours ago, bspearsMJfan5 said:

I also remember e-mailing the designer of her outfit  and asking if he could make me one... LOL how naive I was bahahahah :watrusayin: They said no of course only 1 made was for Britney.

now you can just go to walmart to find them :orangu: 

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, RavenRose said:

I read in a Britney biography years ago that Lynne had accidentally tripped over some cords backstage and caused the main track to stop playing for a moment; That's why at the 2:32 video stamp Britney is suddenly singing live and seems to switch over into that 'plan b' performance mode and is adjusting her mic, assuming she will be live for the rest of the performance but the track comes directly back in for the next sentence.

Of course, being older and a performer myself I now know it doesn't work quite like that and is false, although she is definitely live on that time stamp,..but I've always wondered why I have never seen mention of this rumor anywhere other than that book years ago :surprisedney:

that sounds like something Larry would say :well:

Just now, Freakshow__ said:

Britney really was the most exciting performer in the world from 1999 to 2004. 

Hands down! Britney was a global movement. Everyone had to reckon with her star power, whether or not you were a fan. These were the days right before media, social media, smart phones, internet fan culture...which was why I made this thread to begin with. I really wanted to recapture that certain feel on exhale. And these replies coming along are just :tear:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the performance and never knew the guy was supposed to rip her pants for her. Can you imagine how different would it MEAN if she didnt take it off herself? It would mean the total opposite having someone rip it for you like out of the blue. And kinda strange also since she rips the top first herself. But anyway, iconic performance. And feels more iconic now than then I guess. Idk. At the time anything she did was that brilliant. So thats why it feels a bit normal for her to hit that energy level at that time for me, it doesnt feel special but it does feel iconic as the years go by.

2001 vma HOWEVER

she was FLAW LESS

there was no running around like a teen. She was walking the stage like the queen she was, with attitude and confidence.

the way she jumps the stairs' steps in the end so that she gets to the end of it in sync with the end of the music is just so mesmerizing to see. Ugh she was just flawless. That was my favorite for sure.

I would also like to point out how she always ended the vma performances by showing her true side. In 2000 she did the weird cute face to the audience at the end and in 2001 she almost sat down on top of the cage like she was resting her legs. This shows how down to earth she was. Im afraid she never realised how out of this world she really was. Hope someday one of her sons turns into a fan of her work and say it to her face.

1 minute ago, Nando. said:

I would also like to point out how she always ended the vma performances by showing her true side. In 2000 she did the weird cute face to the audience at the end and in 2001 she almost sit down on top of the cage like she was resting her legs. This shows how down to earth she was. Im afraid she never realised how out of this world she really was. Hope someday one of her sons turns into a fan of her work and say it to her face.

She was unstoppable. She was such a phenomenon and superstar, that sort of whirlwind fame was blinding I’m sure.

On 8/26/2018 at 7:13 PM, blissfuloutsider said:

flawless.. fame and situations really ****** our babe up :crying4:

:badthoughts:

I mean, look at the meltdowns currently happening on Exhale. Yeah. :umomg:

22 hours ago, RavenRose said:

I read in a Britney biography years ago that Lynne had accidentally tripped over some cords backstage and caused the main track to stop playing for a moment; That's why at the 2:32 video stamp Britney is suddenly singing live and seems to switch over into that 'plan b' performance mode and is adjusting her mic, assuming she will be live for the rest of the performance but the track comes directly back in for the next sentence.

Of course, being older and a performer myself I now know it doesn't work quite like that and is false, although she is definitely live on that time stamp,..but I've always wondered why I have never seen mention of this rumor anywhere other than that book years ago :surprisedney:

:umomg:

She sang that line live because the original recording has that singing-thru-a-telephone vocal effect Max loved.  

59 minutes ago, HoneyStyle said:

Damn I miss those days. She was unbelievable. It was amazing being a fan then :D

It really was, especially because Primeney was like the backdrop to my adolescence. Her music, visuals, and work were such a part of growing up in the late 90’s/early 00’s... she represents a certain era. A special moment.

11 hours ago, BritneysBitch82 said:

Can we just talk about that faux nude outfit? I may be wrong but i feel like it started that nude rhinestone catsuit thing every diva is wearing nowadays. 

I think she got the idea from ricky martins performance the previous year where his dancers are wearing it. 

I agree! Than she stepped it up with her Toxic diamond "suit". Queen of diamonds

Archived