MTV VMAs 2000 Performance Comes of Age!

3 hours ago, Britney2003 said:

I was 10 when she did the 2000 VMA's. I love this performance but my favourite one is the one with Madonna. There was something so badass about her because almost everybody hated her at this point. Everyone was against her and she just came out and slapped Justin, Eminem, Avril Lavigne, and everyone who hated her in the face with that performance and attitude.

She was more fierce, wild and on point than she ever was when she was liked by everyone. She was the underdog and it was incredible. Every performance slayed. She made girls who hated her and guys who bashed her jealous. She MADE everyone watch her. 

I think I egally love 2000 & 2001 & 2003 vmas, because she had the attitude, fire, fierceness at all of them, even in 1999. But yeah, in 2003 she was so good. She was up on the stage with her childhood idol and her rival/frenemy whatever and she just outshined them and showed the eorld and the haters that she's Britney, ***** before it was a thing. It was unbelievably amazing. She's the OG

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Super Mods
12 hours ago, Phartcloud said:

I watched this as it happened.  It took a good hour or so to pick my jaw up off the floor.  Phucking phenomenal, and hands down better than 2001 VMA.

I remember my dad walked in and started watching as she performs satisfaction and while I’m sitting there wondering what does he want, he randomly says “look she’s naked” and I go “nuh uh” and he point and said “look!” and I turned to see her just rip her pants and my jaw dropped. I was shocked but also mystified by her. This sums up the epitome of Britney and is her most iconic performance.

Definitely live. The "WHEN I'M" bit is pretty growly and not only that, but listen to her voice as she comes down the stairs, whips her hair etc. - the volume/pitch isn't consistent with pre-recorded studio vocals. Not to mention, her mic is clearly on for most, if not all of the performance. It wouldn't have mattered either way, this is still an epic, iconic performance. The only part I would have changed is that weird box where the hand grabs her suit as she strips, that part always throws me off a little bit.

She definitely was singing live, I think she was thrown off a bit when the background vocals came in at the end of the stairs and she attempted to lip them, she was used to performing the song differently on tour. And you can hear her throughout Oops when the full playback came on. 

And yes this her best VMA performance.

I don't like this performance much :woopsie:

There's like... no real chorography.... she's just flailing around. And the remix of Oops sounds really clunky.

Do people just obsess with this one cos she strips? Eh. Slave 2001 is miiiiles better to me.

I do love the end when she's on the floor though, that's epic.

Hands down Brits best performance to date! Everything from start to finish is flawfree. The Oops Remix, her bod (of course), and set were all perfection. 

***** came to slay and snatch wigs and she completed her mission. No artist will ever top this performance, let alone even come close to having such an iconic moment. 

19 hours ago, Phartcloud said:

I watched this as it happened.  It took a good hour or so to pick my jaw up off the floor.  Phucking phenomenal, and hands down better than 2001 VMA.

YES

I remember watching it when it aired live as well, to this date it's my favorite award performance of her

18 hours ago, GodneyLovin said:

Also, I don't believe that she camd out of her bra at the end. Hower, there is once split second when shes still on her feet dancing that you can see her bra open up and her full **** is exposed. Literally the fastest lil second. Anyone know which part? Lmao

what?! this happened?

edit: nvm, i saw the screenshots

8 hours ago, GodneyLovin said:

That not only sounds pre-recorded.. it was obvious she wasn't singing that live. Satisfaction not only sounds fully live.. but it is. But you are entitled to your opinion :)

true, it was obviously live (Satisfaction). Pre-recorded would be also her 2003 solo part

during OIDIA, you can even hear her sing over the album vocals "you see my problem is this"

31 minutes ago, pinklilbabytee said:

I don't like this performance much :woopsie:

There's like... no real chorography.... she's just flailing around. And the remix of Oops sounds really clunky.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

11 hours ago, portrait said:

The 2000 performance has just this perfectly balanced energy rise.. 

Totally! The way she builds the momentum as she makes her way towards that spinning cage thing ??. Her energy was so palpable, it seemed to radiate throughout Radio City Music Hall! I felt like the people in the audience knew they had witnessed something special that night.

i can still remember afterwards, she was the talk of the night. Like every other celebrity mentioned something about her performance. Ugh! ??

8 hours ago, britney_rocks said:

The look you give when you know you just slayed and snatched everyone's wigs out

3RHG.gif

Yas!  That face, and the way the audience erupted into cheering right afterwards! Mama knew she ******* nailed it. ??

On 8/23/2018 at 3:40 PM, Alexa said:

Definitely live. The "WHEN I'M" bit is pretty growly and not only that, but listen to her voice as she comes down the stairs, whips her hair etc. - the volume/pitch isn't consistent with pre-recorded studio vocals. 

LOVE that “WHEN I’M” part! Her swagger was fierce. Just raw!

Archived