MTV VMAs 2000 Performance Comes of Age!

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/29/2018 at 4:58 AM, Nando. said:

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the performance and never knew the guy was supposed to rip her pants for her. Can you imagine how different would it MEAN if she didnt take it off herself? It would mean the total opposite having someone rip it for you like out of the blue. And kinda strange also since she rips the top first herself.

Where can I find this info? Never knew this as well.

13 hours ago, glorified.ho said:

Where can I find this info? Never knew this as well.

It’s my original post, I put a link to the article, “Inside 3 Iconic MTV VMAs Moments With Madonna, Britney and Lady Gaga.”

On 8/30/2018 at 4:14 AM, BritneysBitch82 said:

Can we just talk about that faux nude outfit? I may be wrong but i feel like it started that nude rhinestone catsuit thing every diva is wearing nowadays. 

w630_nudebodysuit-3977707128358974176.jp

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRG1IfSEMW8rMEwgtb0AMN

On 9/1/2018 at 1:17 AM, BritneysBitch82 said:

Always wondered why they acted like she was naked for toxic. But then they reshot it for the special features of her My Prerogative dvd and she actually was naked again

Queen of nude illusions!

The aftermath

(source: https://www.abstracts.net/britney-spears/britney-september.html)

[spoiler] September 8, 2000 - Reaction was heavily mixed on Britney's wardrobe, or lack thereof last night. Sisqo gave it props to TRL while EW said of the performance "Spears donned one of Elizabeth Berkley's Showgirls hand-me-downs to "sync" a pseudo-metal reinterpretation of Oops… I Did It Again." Harsher reaction came from eYada.com's Lori Kramer, who today called the outfit "skanky and disgusting!" 

September 11, 2000 - Pagesix.com's Liz Smith is weighing in on Britney's strip tease, saying "I'd love to hear Britney address her adoring fans at some point and emphasize that she is a performer, and her clothes and attitudes are show biz. Maybe she might suggest that these teen girls not go to school dressed like tarts, unless, like her, they make tartiness their job. Mothers all over the country today are desperately trying to pull those belly shirts down over the middles of their 14-year-olds before they go to classes."

September 12, 2000 - Tino Ferri, spokeswomen for the National Association Of Women Teachers in Scotland is blasting Britney's strip tease saying "Britney should have a cold shower. I hear boys and girls rhapsodizing about her and would hate them to think her behavior is normal." And warns her and other teen pop stars "Some children have so little else in their lives that they look up to these teenage idols. I think these people should take their responsibility seriously."

September 13, 2000 - Steven Jenkins of Third Eye Blind was on eYada.com today talking about Britney Spears on the Rush & Malloy show saying of her strip tease, "To the amazement of the mothers of these 6 year old girls out there that want to be here... they can't wait to get fake t*tties." He also stuck up for Eminem's bashing of her, adding "I don't think that Britney and Christina need me to protect them from Eminem."

September 17, 2000 - Britney made Entertainment Weekly's #10 spot on 'what the country is talking about this week, saying "A lot of folks were upset with her faux striptease at MTV's Video Music Awards. None of them, however, were men."

September 17, 2000 - Lynne is commenting on Britney's VMA performance in her latest diary entry, saying "All of a sudden, I saw a vision my daughter that I had never before witnessed. She was breathtaking! I was so proud of her!"

3 hours ago, Brichney. said:

it was legendary, people were talking about it for YEARS

Honestly, it’s so timeless and singular. I really hope she realizes the impact it left on all of us. 

Guest Brichney.
1 minute ago, Khoazie said:

Honestly, it’s so timeless and singular. I really hope she realizes the impact it left on all of us. 

Today's Britney is NOT the same Britney to me. That's NOT Britney Spears tbh. I don't care how people would read/interpret my comment. It's not her. 

2 minutes ago, Brichney. said:

Today's Britney is NOT the same Britney to me. That's NOT Britney Spears tbh. I don't care how people would read/interpret my comment. It's not her. 

She was 18. This VMA turns 18 tomorrow! This is important! 

Guest Brichney.
3 minutes ago, Khoazie said:

She was 18. This VMA turns 18 tomorrow! This is important! 

Not an age thing. I know that. Not simply as an artist, even as a person, she's no longer the same. She's no longer likable as a person. She was so charming, charismatic, had a nice smile. Now her weird laughter makes me cringe, it's like she's a different person, it can't be the same person.  

1 minute ago, Brichney. said:

Not an age thing. I know that. Not simply as an artist, even as a person, she's no longer the same. She's no longer likable as a person. She was so charming, charismatic, had a nice smile. Now her weird laughter makes me cringe, it's like she's a different person, it can't be the same person.  

Positive vibes. I’m so grateful to have witnessed it live, as a teenager, and was able to fully appreciate it at the time. A gift. 

1 hour ago, BKSTYL3 said:

Can you imagine all the other flawless outtakes David Lachapelle has from this shoot.:tiffanycries:

LEAK THEM, please! Britney and Lachapelle are magical together. 

On 9/1/2018 at 1:17 AM, BritneysBitch82 said:

Always wondered why they acted like she was naked for toxic. But then they reshot it for the special features of her My Prerogative dvd and she actually was naked again

Pretty sure she was naked for Toxic. Isn’t there a part where you see a diamond or two fall off her body? Also, did they reshoot that for the DVD or was it just outtakes from the video?

Archived