And The Winners At The 2018 VMAs Are...

Jordan Miller

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After watching clips of last night's VMAs... I've lost all hope for the music industry.  Everyone was so ratchet, vulgar, drugged up... everything was about drama and nothing about the actual music.  When you think about the music industry as a whole, we don't get iconic classics anymore, but disposable music now.  30 years from now, most of us won't remember any of the tracks we hear today, but we'll still remember classics from the 90s early 2000s, and before.

The VMAs haven't been the same since Britney stopped being a regular.  The amount of times MTV use's Britney's name and legacy to promote their show (including paying for fake Britney memes to promote their show), it's obvious their current lineups are not enough to promote their show.

All the performances were garbage last night. Even a vocalist like Ariane lipsynced a lot of her performance.

The only good performance was J.Lo, but she's iconic just like Britney.  Seeing this clip of Brit beyond slaying the VMAs just brings a tear to my eye at the music industry today. :( 

1 hour ago, Khoazie said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.popsugar.com/celebrity/Why-Im-Still-Mad-About-Britney-Spears-MTV-Vanguard-Award-45149159/amp

Thank YOU!

Still bitter about Brit Brit’s VMA Vanguard Tribute... She MADE MTV at the turn of the millennium!

Yes! Same! Hate that all she said was thank you and then as always, it had to be about Beyonce. And then Gaga with that weird, um, guy impersonation. Brit clearly looked uncomfortable. Mtv needs a redo and give Britney the proper respect she deserves. Wonder if there's a way to contact them about it. 

y'all are so beyond sad.

1) fair point. the only one I agree with.

2) obviously Britney's choice not to perform. you think MTV told her not to perform? don't be SO naive.

3) Britney is the one who is painfully shy and doesn't like attention, hence her speech being two seconds long and totally anticlimactic. the fact that she introduced Beyonce afterwards was only an issue because Britney barely said a word and made it a complete non-event.

4) it's not Beyonce's fault that Britneys performance was a snooze fest and completely underwhelming. that's something Britney had control over. if she didn't suck, it wouldn't have mattered when her performance was.

5) consider us lucky that they still use her legacy and image to sell their show. cause if they stopped doing that y'all would miss the times they mentioned her and her reputation as a flop/has-been would officially be solidified.

stop blaming everyone except Britney. y'all have your heads so buried in the sand its ridiculous. 

8 minutes ago, Avatar said:

I bring this up in every VMA thread... but I'm still pissed TOXIC was the ONLY female video nominated for video of the year and then lost best female video in 2004. :girlwhat:

Omfg I didn't know that Toxic lost it like this. And now they're paying those stupid memes about Toxic should win every year... ironic a little?

How idiot sh!theads they are

Archived