And The Winners At The 2018 VMAs Are...

Jordan Miller

A big problem with the VMAs is that it’s too predictable!

You already know who’s gonna win what. Today the videos win based on popularity of the artist rather than the video itself. There has been no performances that really stand out anymore. 

Streaming has negatively affected the industry. People get No 1 spots for music that is mainly streamed. Britney once sold 1 Million copies in a week back when you had to physically buy the album. 

Just take Carrie Underwood for example. Her song Cry Pretty was No. 1 on Itunes sales and yet she peaked at No 48 on Billboard Hot 100 and yet back in the day that always guaranteed you a Top 10 spot. 

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Chris87 said:

yeah, true.. music is more and more become consumed on mass scale.. there are so many 'artists' that I am loosing track of them all tbh

i feel like we don't even need the artists to sing songs anymore, they might as well let miku hatsune or another roboty thing sing it :akii:

Rap has gotten better along with r&b....but as for pop music.... pop is truly dead.  Pop was dead in the 90s until britney revived it again.  Hopefully she will have a strong single that's a pop banger.  Truly britney is the only one who can revive pop music and the vmas.... lady gaga too

There'e so much to this, I mean who even considers MTV relevant when it comes to music anymore. On top of that with all the bs categories they come up on yearly bases, it's getting ridiculous. And just compare 2016's line up to this year's. We have Kylie Jenner front row, Black Chyna and Amber Rose attending, I mean, come on! Nowadays the show appears more of a adult industry event, than an actual award show. What happened to the big moments, to the fact that these awards actually mattered.

2 hours ago, ZAM9315 said:

Rap has gotten better along with r&b....but as for pop music.... pop is truly dead.  Pop was dead in the 90s until britney revived it again.  Hopefully she will have a strong single that's a pop banger.  Truly britney is the only one who can revive pop music and the vmas.... lady gaga too

3 hours ago, I'mNotTheAverageLady said:

Omgggg:tiffsniffle:

Why are they hating our Brit Brit this much? Her success streak lasted 6 full years... her debut alone deserved everything like you said. Not to mention Oops, Lucky, Stronger, Slave, INAGNYAW, Toxic, Everytime, MATM, ... jeez

Toxic being nominated for voty but not Beyoncé 

but beyonka won female video when toxic also was nominated :badthoughts:

And toxic wasn’t nominated for best special effects :whatitellu:

Archived