Why Has Ticketmaster Suddenly Removed All Of Britney's Unsold Birmngham Tickets?

Osprey1464

I'm going to Britney's Birmingham concert on 31st August. Despite having a ticket I've still been checking Ticketmaster's live seating plan for this show regularly for months, just to see how well (or not) the tickets are selling for this show. They have been selling very slowly. Up until yesterday there were still over 1,000 tickets for sale on Ticketmaster under the standard prices section, (not the VIP or Hot Tickets packages, etc - no idea how many of those are still available as can't see that on the site). I was surprised that after all these months so many tickets (at all the different regular price levels) were still unsold. I checked again tonight and suddenly, since last night there's nothing - all the tickets have suddenly been removed and there's just a message saying "These tickets went fast and we are unable to find more right now"!! That is such a lie! They didn't go fast at all, they've been for sale for MONTHS!  Like I said, until just yesterday they still had over 1,000 for sale! Why do they lie like this? All they now have, when I look on the site, is a link to their sister re-sale site Get Me In, where there are lots of tickets for sale. Do you think Ticketmaster suddenly decided to remove all the unsold tickets on their main site for Birmingham and moved them all to Get Me In to try and sell more, to make it look like that's the only way you can buy them? There are also tons of tickets for sale on Twickets, many for LESS than face value for all her remaining UK dates!

I'm disappointed that her tour isn't selling as well as I thought it would! Maybe across mainland Europe it is but it's clearly not in the UK! I mean, it's not like all the venues are only half sold out or anything, but there are certainly lots of tickets that haven't sold and people trying to resell their own tickets are clearly struggling if they're now selling them at less than face value! 

Again I'm just wondering what Ticketmaster have suddenly done with all the unsold Birmingham tickets. I hope Britney won't be playing to a venue with so many empty seats! That would be awful for her to see and not nice for the atmosphere. I hope everyone who is attending makes a lot of noise and dances a lot to make up for the empty seats!!

Anyway, for anyone who doesn't have a ticket to see her yet and wants to get one cheap (or wants to go to any extra shows) check out Twickets:

https://www.twickets.live/tour/britney-spears-piece-of-me-tour-tickets/956477530431299584?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=Newsletter&utm_campaign=2018-08-16-General&utm_content=Britney Spears Ticket Link

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, Kisle said:

... what? How is this different from any show?

How is what different from any show? I'm asking what may Ticketmaster have done with al the tickets that were still on sale yesterday (and had been for months) that are suddenly all gone over night? I was just wondering if anyone knows if this is something Ticketmaster is known for doing and wondering what they're going to do with all those unsold tickets, whether they've put them all on Get Me In or if they're going to add them back on their main site at lower prices or what. It's just a very strange thing to do, imo. I mean, if they've put all the unsold tickets all on Get Me In at higher prices at the last minute, what makes them think they're going to sell them at higher prices when they couldn't sell them on their main site at face value? That's what's puzzling to me. It just seems weird, when they're trying to sell tickets to suddenly remove them all so people can no longer buy them directly from Ticketmaster!

Also, I wanted to alert people to Twickets, where there are lots of tickets for sale at less than face value, should anyone want to buy any from there at cheaper prices.

They did that for the new york city concert. Tickets were available till the day of the concert. Granted tons were still available on ticketmaster but suddenly ticketmaster shut it down and it says no tix are available. Idk what they did with the extra tix but somehow ppl managed to get them cuz the entire music hall looked as though it was at max capacity. 

I don’t know if this can be the reason but the other day I was watching the news and they were saying that tocketmaster will be closing they sister sites such as get me in because it’s not fair for those that buy loads and loads tickets to then resell them for a really high price. So maybe because they are closing out the websites soon they are trying to get the tickets to sel for more money although you did say they are being sold for less value so my theory might be way out of touch. 

1 hour ago, germanguy20 said:

Why do you care ? You have your tickets and the tour is selling very well — she has three dates in London out of which two were added due to high demand. I hope you don’t feel personally lied to because ticketmaster says it’s sold out now :mhmnod:

it's not that serious, he's just asking a question :britlol:

They might be being kept to be sold physically at the box office? I'm not sure tbh haha that's strange, but there are a lot available still. It might be that they're gonna charge VIP prices for the remaining tickets

9 hours ago, nerdygeekgrl said:

They did that for the new york city concert. Tickets were available till the day of the concert. Granted tons were still available on ticketmaster but suddenly ticketmaster shut it down and it says no tix are available. Idk what they did with the extra tix but somehow ppl managed to get them cuz the entire music hall looked as though it was at max capacity. 

maybe to sell them only at he arena's box office on the day of event? I dunno :mhmsureny:

2 hours ago, femmefataledoll said:

it's not that serious, he's just asking a question :britlol:

They might be being kept to be sold physically at the box office? I'm not sure tbh haha that's strange, but there are a lot available still. It might be that they're gonna charge VIP prices for the remaining tickets

I didn't mean my post in an offensive way, if it came across that way :qtbrit:

Today live nation emailed saying extra tickets released to Blackpool and Birmingham. Basically th

I’m going to Blackpool. for months cuffe and Taylor have been targeting my Facebook and google ads saying I can be a ‘street team member’ and win VIP tickets by selling tickets to others for Blackpool.

Blackpool was a really misinformed choice of venue for her, it’s one of the poorest places in the UK - selling tickets for £70 which is about some people make in a week there - was really silly.

I too have been watching Blackpool tickets and it was giving me the option for 20 tickets. I predict Blackpool will be 1/3 full or less. 

For FF tour I went to newcastle and they’d put the venue on Groupon buy one get one free. How about selling the tickets for £30 each, maybe then people will go.

All these venues are rented by the management companies for a fee - so at least if they charge something they will make a slight recovery. 

Archived