THIS Is what i am afraid of

Monsah

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, Britney&Lana said:

I don't think it's bad if she has a couple of songs with that sort of theme but I think for me I get tired of all her songs being that theme, they are all about the same thing just different lyrics, different titles and that's it. Britney's older albums used to be full of a variety of themes and meanings with different messages and subjects but now they are all the same. I think it's because since Circus they took all the control away from her and I'm not exactly sure why because she has been a huge success. So why take any control away from her? These business guys think they can do music better than her? Can they wear her outfits better than her? Can they get on stage better than her? I mean seriously at the end of the day she is the one that makes everything happen, she should get control because she has always been good at doing what she does. I don't see why she doesn't go indie, she doesn't need these guys anymore and she has the money to do it.

I think it also has to do with her own perception of what Britney Spears should be or do.

She doesn't talk much about the lyric content or her songs, but in the few interviews we've had these past years she always talks about "being **** comes with what she does", as if she's convinced that's the only kind of thing Britney Spears is supposed to do.

She's said she wishes she could do a video with just a choreo, or singing on a stage with nothing but her black dress. Nothin is stopping her from doing  those things, but herself, and her idea that she's allowed to only do **** songs, and **** outfits and **** choreos. 

Personally I have nothing against ****, or bubblegum pop, or fun songs that don't give any deep message, but it wouldn't hurt to ALSO have other kind of concepts. She could perfectly do both, but releasing two singles per album (albums that are coming every 2 or 3 years apart from each other) doesn't give her enough chances to explore and experiment. 

7 minutes ago, PokemonSpears said:

I think it also has to do with her own perception of what Britney Spears should be or do.

She doesn't talk much about the lyric content or her songs, but in the few interviews we've had these past years she always talks about "being **** comes with what she does", as if she's convinced that's the only kind of thing Britney Spears is supposed to do.

She's said she wishes she could do a video with just a choreo, or singing on a stage with nothing but her black dress. Nothin is stopping her from doing  those things, but herself, and her idea that she's allowed to only do **** songs, and **** outfits and **** choreos. 

Personally I have nothing against ****, or bubblegum pop, or fun songs that don't give any deep message, but it wouldn't hurt to ALSO have other kind of concepts. She could perfectly do both, but releasing two singles per album (albums that are coming every 2 or 3 years apart from each other) doesn't give her enough chances to explore and experiment. 

That could be true, I think Britney is very impressionable but if she thinks all she is supposed to do is be **** then her albums wouldn't have had more variety back then than what they do now unless she is being lead to believe that the changing times mean all she is supposed to do is be ****. I think it's something that has been in the process a long time. Like in her "I'm A Slave 4 U" Performance she said she didn't like how revealing the outfit was, she said she didn't like having to hold the snake, scared that it would bite her but she went on and did it anyway. At the same time though, she wanted to release Original Doll and they took control and said no and would not allow it.

So I think it's possibly a combination of her being impressionable and at times even a pushover and them knowing what they want from her and because of the way she reacts to that, they really don't have to control her, she just seems to go along with it but I think back then so long as she was putting out what they wanted, they would let her include stuff but now I don't think they allow that. "Not A Girl Not Yet A Woman" had to be entirely Britney, there was nothing **** about it to sale but it was included, now those kind of songs never happen either because they don't let her or she truly has come to believe that every song has to be ****.

1 minute ago, glorytobritney said:

Our fave has been singing about *** since she was 14.  All her hits are basically just about ***, and when they're not, they flop hard.  The GP only wants to hear oversexualized uptempo songs, so blame them :tiffanynod:

Yes, some of her biggest hits are about ***. But there are also plenty of nonsexual hit songs, such as Stronger, Everytime, Piece of Me, Womanizer, Circus, Work *****, and Scream and Shout. This doesn't even include a whole other list of non-****** songs that were moderate hits. :mj:

2 hours ago, Monsah said:

Who Said anything about having *** :wontcry:

I’m just saying that oversexualney songs gotta stop for her own sake 

edit: you misread my sentence, I meant that she is a 36 years old who still sings about having ***, not that she’s having *** xD

I know what you said, I didn't missread it. The sentence implies that you also think that because she's that old she shouldn't sing about that stuff, which also then means that it's embarrassing for a woman of that age to sing about that stuff, aka speak about, and then let alone enjoy it physically. 

5 hours ago, Monsah said:

Don’t get me wrong I am so excited, but I am scared that GP would hate her even more, calling her names and just saying that she should act her age

Don't worry, this has happened before when she first started they said she was to young to be **** and it wasn't something girls her age should do. :surething:

Then, she became a woman and she did things like Gimme More, Womanizer, Oh La La and Pretty Girls and they said she was too old to act that way, so she never wins. I mean, if it were up to me, she could come up dressed up as a toddler but as long as the music is great and she does it justice either in a music video or a live performance AT LEAST ONCE! I don't care. :lessons:

7 hours ago, sibode said:

It depends how they treat the song tbh!

APPLE PIE could be an awesome name and concept! 
What about LEMONADE??????? Do you still think it's a silly name???

They built a whole new BAYONKA around it.

I was served lemons and I made lemonade ...

-

I was served apples and I made an apple pie :mcorangu:

Archived