Your first Britney Spears concert experience.

Exaholic

14 hours ago, Complication said:

Circus tour. I was 19. They let me and my 2 friends into the VIP section, so we stood at the end of one of the catwalks resting on the love seats. We did not have VIP tickets, the security had just ****** up and we got a free upgrade worth hundreds of dollars. Slay. :tiffcackle:

I saw the show twice, the last being in my own state (the very last show of the tour). I had seating for that one. I remember Britney singing most of Everytime live for that show.

This sounds too good to be true, almost as if it's a dream within a dream:kyliecry:

as as for first experience, I'll bump this in July:giggleney:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My first Britney concert was the BOMT Tour in 1999. At that point I had only seen some of her televised performances which were obviously very minimal. I thought her concert was going to be the same way lol. I was so young and had never seen a pop show before (this was only my 2nd concert ever). The stage was covered with a sheet that had the Tommy Hilfiger logo on it so I assumed she would come out and perform in front of that the whole time lol. I was so excited when the sheet dropped to reveal her set, so cool at the time lol.

She came out in her flashy, **** costumes and every inch of her skin was covered in body glitter so she sparkled the entire night! Every time she came back to the stage from a costume change the crowd cheered so loudly, like it was her entrance all over again! I remember she came down the stairs in the light pink mini dress and boots for Material Girl and I thought it was so short and scandalous but then was shocked when she ripped it off and had the leather micro-mini dress underneath.

It was such a great night! We had really great seats and she didn't have any special effects or even video screens. It was really just Britney, her band, and her dancers performing with some costume changes. It was really magical!

Everyone's stories are so awesome and amazing!! 

I first saw her at Dream within a dream tour.. 2001 Sold out seats in Philly..I was 16..  Then again at onyx hotel tour 2004 in Philly i was almost 19 and it was the most amazing thing ever!! By far my favorite!! Circus tour in Pittsburgh and femme Fatale in Cleveland!! So many good memories!! I'm so excited for Atlantic city this year hopefully these will be the best seats!! :jamout:

I saw DWAD in Charlotte, NC on the second leg of the tour. I’d watched the Live From Las Vegas DVD religiously so I knew every second by heart. I was so excited to hear the Oops VMA Remix live. She sang happy birthday to her dancer, Nancy. She sang Mystic Man. It was everything.

The first time I saw her live was just last year, October 25th, 2017. It was a Wednesday. GA right section. I arrived so late because I actually arrived to Vegas that same afternoon, but the baggage took so long to land, and then the registration at the hotel took ages, and then I had no idea which direction to take. It was literally my first time in Vegas, it was already dark when I left the hotel, and I was by myself, with no friends, relatives or at least someone else walking to the same destination as me lol I didn't understand how those stairs and bridges work in the streets, and I wanted to walk straight to the PH but I had to cross the street at some point and then go back, but I didn't know. So I think they open the theater at 8:00 and it was around 7:45 when I arrived and I was like, I'm done, I'm gonna have the worst spot. So I even took time to take pictures with a couple of her dancers and then I got in line.

Surprisingly, I did get a spot close to the stage, there was only a short girl in front of me. It wasn't the best spot which is the closest to the stage and the catwalk, but in some songs I literally had Britney in front of me, just a few feet away. It was amazing, I hadn't eaten or drank anything since the airport in San Diego, but I forgot about everything when I saw her appear onstage.

I took some videos but the audio came out horrible for some reason, I think I had to change some of the settings about the loud noise or something :P

Spoiler

It always makes me laugh that little head move she does after "something sensational" at 1:59 I don't know why lol

These are the only pictures I have "with her"

Spoiler

2wf1p2s.jpg

2q37kwl.jpg

I hope someday I can get a proper picture with her :crying1:

And I also saw the Friday show, but I had a seat this time, section 103, row F, seat 11

This account got awesome videos

Spoiler

It was so surreal to finally get to see her live after almost 20 years of stanning her. I know she's far from what she used to as a performer, and I totally get why so many people bash her nowadays here in the forum, but when you're there, and if you're a true fan as I am, your perception totally changes. For me it was awesome, even the red leotard looked good. She's so tiny and fit, she was like a living doll. Of course if they make the super closeups like the account from the 27th you get to see all of her imperfections, but onstage, with normal sight, she looks marvelous. I'm so jealous of the people that got to see her in her prime, but it was just out of my reach back then so I can't feel that bad. I would feel terrible if to say something she came to my city and I didn't go, but the times she was in Mexico it was in Mexico City and I think Guadalajara and Monterrey. I could've go to San Diego perhaps, the times she's been there, but back then my parents would've never bought me tickets, and I wouldn't have go by myself, but no one would've wanted to go with me so...

If she starts a new residency in Vegas I'll totally go again. Or if she comes back somewhere close to where I live.

My first concert ever will be this summer in Atlantic City. It will be my first time in the US, and I'm going there with my boyfriend. It will be our first meeting after almost exactly 1 year (we actually met online thanks to Britney I guess lol). I live in Canada, he lives in Mexico and we're planing this trip to the US together to see the queen that united us. :giggleney: 

Anyway Im so excited :ahhh:

FFT ,I was 23 I didn't have money to travel. I bought the cheapes ticket having no idea If I could made the cash for the trip or not and my dad help me out :bpout:

I cried from the intro until Up n' down.I know it wasn't her best moment but it was amazing for me I think I stan her even more,she was tired but she came anyway so I'm grateful 

Femme Fatale Tour in Argentina. I almost gave up my ticket so my mom could buy a M&G to my sister, but in the end it was too expensive for us so we ended up attending together. It was so good! Yeah, it's not her best tour but I was so excited to be there and it was so fun.

I remember that while we were about to enter the stadium, a security tried to take my camera but I refused and started to run :hahaha: And the only thing that I didn't like was that in the queue they split us into two groups (men and women) and then they only let the men in for like 2 minutes. It was so unfair... Still, I managed to bein the front row :mcry:

Oh, and the hate towards the local opening act was savage. You don't mess with the B-Army :shadelaugh::weusay:

I attended BOMT & OIDIA Tours in Louisiana. POM in Vegas.

Here's an unfortunate story about my Oops Tour experience:

Spoiler

Before the Oops tour show, I heard about a radio contest where you could bring in canned food items for a chance to meet Britney backstage! My friend Kevin was also going to the concert. He and I teamed up to scour both of our neighborhoods for as many cans as possible..

Kevin and I wheeled a wagon from door to door and collected cans all weekend like a couple of Mormons sent from another God. On the day of the show, we loaded up my dad's trunk with non-perishables then we headed across the lake to New Orleans..

When we rolled up, they had the entry area blocked off. My dad told the security guard that we had a bunch of cans to drop off, so they let us through..

We unloaded all of the canned food items as the radio staff counted them. Given their shock, we figured we had already won the backstage passes. To our surprise, they handed us a raffle ticket for each can we brought. They unrolled 132 tickets and handed them to Britney's two biggest lil' fans. We waited for the drawing..

We lost. 

And here's a video I made to remember my trip to see POM in Vegas:

55 minutes ago, jamaphone said:

I attended BOMT & OIDIA Tours in Louisiana. POM in Vegas.

Here's an unfortunate story about my Oops Tour experience:

Hide contents

Before the Oops tour show, I heard about a radio contest where you could bring in canned food items for a chance to meet Britney backstage! My friend Kevin was also going to the concert. He and I teamed up to scour both of our neighborhoods for as many cans as possible..

Kevin and I wheeled a wagon from door to door and collected cans all weekend like a couple of Mormons sent from another God. On the day of the show, we loaded up my dad's trunk with non-perishables then we headed across the lake to New Orleans..

When we rolled up, they had the entry area blocked off. My dad told the security guard that we had a bunch of cans to drop off, so they let us through..

We unloaded all of the canned food items as the radio staff counted them. Given their shock, we figured we had already won the backstage passes. To our surprise, they handed us a raffle ticket for each can we brought. They unrolled 132 tickets and handed them to Britney's two biggest lil' fans. We waited for the drawing..

We lost. 

And here's a video I made to remember my trip to see POM in Vegas:

aw that sucks about the Oops Tour lol but that's so cool that you saw BOMT and OIDIA Tours! I did too and not many others on here have!

June 2017, Britney Live in Manila. :yasqueen:

I was at the 5th row from the front and it was just surreal. It was dreamy. :overwhelm: The lights, the sounds, everything. Every time I think about it I still get goosebumps. I was just standing there, looking at her. I only had a few videos on my phone because I didn't want to spoil the experience. :otears:  Seeing my idol for the first time used to be only a dream. But I saw her. It was her. And she was beyond perfect. :tysm:

Circus tour London 02 arena. I was 18 my sister came with me, that was my first time ever seeing her. And seeing her decend from the ceiling I could not stop crying with how happy I was :yasqueen: My sister was a fan but not a massive one and after the show she became a fan like me. 

By far her best tour in terms of production. 

When I saw her on the FF tour 2 years later it was great but nothing compared to how the circus tour was. 

Now im seeing her again in Blackpool and I can not wait because her body is on fire, and she has the stage presence back which she lacked on the FF tour. 

On 5/13/2018 at 10:34 PM, BOBIBCFBG said:

My first Britney concert was the BOMT Tour in 1999. At that point I had only seen some of her televised performances which were obviously very minimal. I thought her concert was going to be the same way lol. I was so young and had never seen a pop show before (this was only my 2nd concert ever). The stage was covered with a sheet that had the Tommy Hilfiger logo on it so I assumed she would come out and perform in front of that the whole time lol. I was so excited when the sheet dropped to reveal her set, so cool at the time lol.

She came out in her flashy, **** costumes and every inch of her skin was covered in body glitter so she sparkled the entire night! Every time she came back to the stage from a costume change the crowd cheered so loudly, like it was her entrance all over again! I remember she came down the stairs in the light pink mini dress and boots for Material Girl and I thought it was so short and scandalous but then was shocked when she ripped it off and had the leather micro-mini dress underneath.

It was such a great night! We had really great seats and she didn't have any special effects or even video screens. It was really just Britney, her band, and her dancers performing with some costume changes. It was really magical!

:kyliecry:

10 hours ago, breatheheavy said:

My first Britney concert was Onyx Hotel Tour in LA :crying2: 

I remember a mom covering her daughter's eyes during the BOM makeout part I #Lived

Onyx?! I thought yours would be at least her opening act to NSYNC :canthandleit:

21 hours ago, JustStanKnee said:

My first concert ever will be this summer in Atlantic City. It will be my first time in the US, and I'm going there with my boyfriend. It will be our first meeting after almost exactly 1 year (we actually met online thanks to Britney I guess lol). I live in Canada, he lives in Mexico and we're planing this trip to the US together to see the queen that united us. :giggleney: 

Anyway Im so excited :ahhh:

I'm going to AC too!! What day? I hope you have the time of your life!!! She's so amazing!! Are you ready to pop your Britney cherry?? lol

Archived