Your first Britney Spears concert experience.

Exaholic

On 5/13/2018 at 10:41 PM, bspearsMJfan5 said:

Everyone's stories are so awesome and amazing!! 

I first saw her at Dream within a dream tour.. 2001 Sold out seats in Philly..I was 16..  Then again at onyx hotel tour 2004 in Philly i was almost 19 and it was the most amazing thing ever!! By far my favorite!! Circus tour in Pittsburgh and femme Fatale in Cleveland!! So many good memories!! I'm so excited for Atlantic city this year hopefully these will be the best seats!! :jamout:

We need to be friends! Hashtag Philly fans

my first was dead center, third row to The Circus Tour- I was 18. I’ve beeb a stan since BOMT but was always too young/didn’t have anyone to take me to a show. The Circus show was life changing! I went twice!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My first time was May 1st 2004 in Manchester UK . I was 12 years old and it was the Onyx Hotel Tour.

I remember my late father taking me and my friend Rebecca all of us loved it and my Dad fancied Britney at the time so he didn’t complain. 

I remember her energy was fantastic and the whole show was mesmerising! 

7 hours ago, AndyPoo91 said:

My first time was May 1st 2004 in Manchester UK . I was 12 years old and it was the Onyx Hotel Tour.

I remember my late father taking me and my friend Rebecca all of us loved it and my Dad fancied Britney at the time so he didn’t complain. 

I remember her energy was fantastic and the whole show was mesmerising! 

That's so cool! I always love hearing about Onyx Hotel stories, as although she was the classic Britney everyone remembers now - her image then was very different in contrast with her DWAD tour. Also I'm from the UK too so hearing stories about Britney there is extra amazing. I've unfortunately never had the chance to see her, which will be changing come August :hype:

1 hour ago, Tear the floor up up said:

That's so cool! I always love hearing about Onyx Hotel stories, as although she was the classic Britney everyone remembers now - her image then was very different in contrast with her DWAD tour. Also I'm from the UK too so hearing stories about Britney there is extra amazing. I've unfortunately never had the chance to see her, which will be changing come August :hype:

I'm still so pressed I had tickets to the summer leg =( 

July 26th 2009: The Circus Starring Britney Spears. I was 15 and it was my first time seeing Britney live. 

After what happened in 2007 I desperately wanted to see her live since I followed her music since forever.

I had a great time & I even met her in front of her hotel. It was a great experience. I loved the show but I felt like Britney was not in her Prime anymore. 

15 hours ago, Tear the floor up up said:

Eeek exciting for you! I’m seeing her at the O2 on the 24th when and where are you?? 

On 5/13/2018 at 5:40 PM, britney_rocks said:

Dream Within A Dream tour, the first leg here in Atlanta in 2001. I was about 13. Best night of my life. Me, my best friend and my mom went. Smart phones weren't a thing back then, so all we had was flip phones with crappy cameras, so I took a big jacket with me, and hid my camera inside it. And recording concerts back then was totally forbidden. So I got lucky. Got to record 90% of the concert, cause I was trying to conserve battery. Even though our seats were far from the stage, Britney's presence just filled the entire arena. Seeing her live in her prime was insane. I feel so fortunate to have gotten to see her live when she was at her peak at the tour I think is her best to date. Here are some of the videos I recorded.

Damn you're so lucky!!!! I would have killed to see this Britney. I wanted to ... but we were poor and my parents could barely afford to feed us. ._.

I got my first chance during the Circus tour, but after the Pussycat Dolls left and Britney came on, most of my section left and so did many more.  I remember a girl next to me just before she got up saying she thought Britney was going to be more exciting but that they were bored and hungry, so she was leaving.  I was so sad!!! I remember coming home and venting about how much money I'd spent and here was Brit being pushed around the stage all the time and barely dancing.

Looking back and seeing the mess of POM, I regret not appreciating Circus for what it was - ..... the last time Britney was Britney ... and not Britney with the new face...Britney who can barely dance... etc.. :meltdown:

6 hours ago, Scrappy said:

Damn you're so lucky!!!! I would have killed to see this Britney. I wanted to ... but we were poor and my parents could barely afford to feed us. ._.

I got my first chance during the Circus tour, but after the Pussycat Dolls left and Britney came on, most of my section left and so did many more.  I remember a girl next to me just before she got up saying she thought Britney was going to be more exciting but that they were bored and hungry, so she was leaving.  I was so sad!!! I remember coming home and venting about how much money I'd spent and here was Brit being pushed around the stage all the time and barely dancing.

Looking back and seeing the mess of POM, I regret not appreciating Circus for what it was - ..... the last time Britney was Britney ... and not Britney with the new face...Britney who can barely dance... etc.. :meltdown:

omgosh which show did you go to?

9 hours ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

omgosh which show did you go to?

Toronto. ... I forget the exact date. Even bought binoculars just to be able to see her from my nosebleed section and folks around me initially asked to take a peek through them lol. I wish they had screens or something as it may have made the experience better for those in the back.  Lady Gaga did the same venue after her and I went to that too and she had screens. It was awesome. 

22 minutes ago, Scrappy said:

Toronto. ... I forget the exact date. Even bought binoculars just to be able to see her from my nosebleed section and folks around me initially asked to take a peek through them lol. I wish they had screens or something as it may have made the experience better for those in the back.  Lady Gaga did the same venue after her and I went to that too and she had screens. It was awesome. 

Ahh. It's hard to have screens with an in-the-round show. I think that's why she had more close-ups in the 360 screen for the 2nd North American leg.

Archived