Make Me Certified Platinum

Chico101

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, pablitonizer said:

Thank god Britney knew how to make justice to this flawless song

14739020761254948.gif?1473902092

Make Me is a FLAWLESS song but I’m sorry but those Today Show tapings were AWFUL and made her come across as a dated out of touch Vegas act. Remember when it used to be an “event” when she performed on GMA (NOT the dessert disaster, but her amazing circus/Womanizer performances back in 2008 or 2009). Even the FF performances were a big event... siiiggghhh.

Make Me is one of the best tracks released in a long time. The layers, that beat, her voice, the lyrics... just that ****/soft mood in general. I guess you’ve never actually listened to it with studio earphones or really good speakers. It’s just one of those songs you just vibe and connect to. :pleaseshhh: I’m thankful Britney released it and this is what I call quality material. No wonder RCA was pushing for it so hard! It’s sad you base your opinion on a music video which turned out to not serve the song like it could have. The quality of the music is what matters in this case!

Still stanning hard for Make Me! :yasqueen:

On 20/04/2018 at 3:47 AM, Chris Dowling said:

Only Britney stans, will congratulate her on a 2 year old song going platinum, then moments later wish it went Diamond . I can't 

giphy.gif

What are you talking about sweetie? I'm not wishing it went diamond. It IS diamond (in my heart) :sendinglove:

14 hours ago, med.L said:

What are you talking about sweetie? I'm not wishing it went diamond. It IS diamond (in my heart) :sendinglove:

Please don't call me sweetie 

giphy.gif

On 4/20/2018 at 3:04 PM, Spearsfan said:

It’s a great song! Too bad it didn’t get what it derserved. 

Its sad the fans went harder for it than Britney 

Britney liked the record and did the promo necessary

We all know what happens when the label does not stick to what Britney wants

Circus, Femme Fatale and Britney Jean says hello

On 4/19/2018 at 7:37 PM, Million Billion said:

Tbh, the song is good, Britney's falsettos are great but in my very humble opinion, it wasn't lead single material. 

After some time without having a hit, she needed something energetic, uptempo that catches people's attention since her strenght are songs to dance to. With Make Me, a slow song, dancing was barely needed but her live singing was but guess what? She didn't sing live and she didn't dance either.

That's what makes Make Me a bad decision as a lead single... Maybe a third or a fourth but for the opening of the era she needed something like Do You Wanna Come Over, Love Me Down or my favorite, Better. 

i always thought that make me could have been a good second single. love me down and DYWCO were the best choices. they were more up tempo and had a better opportunity for choreo. the GP expects that from her and make me went it a different direction. i still love make me and it one of my favorite singles from her but there were for sure better choices as the lead single.  

DYWCO / love me down

make me

better 

slumber party

mood ring

(private show promo commercial is still a keeper)

Archived