Make Me Certified Platinum

Chico101

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Britman512 said:

This is all great but the song is still trash tome after the disappointing video and performances :awks:

Tbh, the song is good, Britney's falsettos are great but in my very humble opinion, it wasn't lead single material. 

After some time without having a hit, she needed something energetic, uptempo that catches people's attention since her strenght are songs to dance to. With Make Me, a slow song, dancing was barely needed but her live singing was but guess what? She didn't sing live and she didn't dance either.

That's what makes Make Me a bad decision as a lead single... Maybe a third or a fourth but for the opening of the era she needed something like Do You Wanna Come Over, Love Me Down or my favorite, Better. 

13 minutes ago, Million Billion said:

Tbh, the song is good, Britney's falsettos are great but in my very humble opinion, it wasn't lead single material. 

After some time without having a hit, she needed something energetic, uptempo that catches people's attention since her strenght are songs to dance to. With Make Me, a slow song, dancing was barely needed but her live singing was but guess what? She didn't sing live and she didn't dance either.

That's what makes Make Me a bad decision as a lead single... Maybe a third or a fourth but for the opening of the era she needed something like Do You Wanna Come Over, Love Me Down or my favorite, Better. 

Yeah Do You Wanna would even fit the video that make me got. 

i would’ve done Private Show and DYWTCO promo. Private Show perfume/Glory commercial on tv and YouTube. Do you wanna, Make Me, album promo. Glory medley (Invitation/Make Me/Do you wanna), announce Make Me as second single that night. Remix pack with Me Myself &I britney versión, make me solo, mood ring, slumber party solo. Slumber Party ft Tinashe soon after, put the performances they ame to Vegas on for more streaming., video. Live from Japan with the remix pack, PoM remixes of songs. Hey ma remix and Final single can be CYM concert/BTS video (pitbull on the remix)

1 hour ago, Million Billion said:

I’m sorry make me was an awesome choice! It was different like all of Britney previous 1st singles, what made this song struggle to gain motion was the circumstances around it that’s all 

1 hour ago, Million Billion said:

Make Me went to #1 quickly on iTunes but you say she needed a faster song.

Please do not be one of the dumb ones on here to say that it was only Britney fans from exhale buying the single on a public service.

14 minutes ago, Rickey3089 said:

I’m sorry make me was an awesome choice! It was different like all of Britney previous 1st singles, what made this song struggle to gain motion was the circumstances around it that’s all 

The song would've went top 10 on the hot 100 had radio not dropped the song.

Omg WTF. For once the Britney stans didn't make this up! I checked on the wikipedia page, 1,000,000 with sales & streaming. All the exposure & "promo" has finally paid off! :carpoolney:

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, med.L said:

Already diamond in my heart :yasqueen:

Only Britney stans, will congratulate her on a 2 year old song going platinum, then moments later wish it went Diamond . I can't 

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, Million Billion said:

I have to agree. I love Make Me but it didn't need to be the lead single. Ideally we would've gotten Better as the lead, DYWCO as the second single with a video premiering at the VMAs, Make Me as third, and whatever for single 4. 

Archived