OMG! SHE WAS SO GOOD HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!

BritintheZone

This was the first time I saw Britney live (2009 in Vancouver). The concert as a whole was spectacular and I LOVED this era...  but there was a lot of walking back and forth or circling the stage. Felt like they strategically did the big three ring circus stage to excuse her lack of dancing and so she could pace around or be rolled around on something. I agree her facial expressions/swagger feels like Primeney. But the dancing wasn’t great/was kind of nonexistent (aside from a few songs... Mannequin and Toxic come to mind). I loooved all the costumes, the production value, the live ‘You Oughta Know’ cover and the Marilyn Manson interlude!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are all such hypocrites. You decimated the Circus Tour when it was going on. You complained about her walking, no crowd interaction, arm dancing.....and now you all love and miss it. Make up your minds. She looked great, the tour was fun as hell but given the stage layout the choreography was not what it could have been.

14 hours ago, iZacaree said:

During the Circus era, we knew that she still wasn't 100% better and we knew that her dancing was really lazy, but we all hoped that it would get better over time and that she would keep improving. Obviously, that didn't happen, and, in fact, it only got worse - especially through the Femme Fatale era. So now, the Circus era is the highlight of her post-breakdown career. She has shown brief glimpses of her "primeney" energy (like the 2016 BBMA's), but it's been mostly bad.

I definitely agree with the sentiment that we thought she was going to get better. But in my opinion, aside from the annoying new habits, she's night and day with POM than she was with Circus. When I saw POM videos opening night, I was floored. She was dancing choreo for the first time since the breakdown. Yea, it's not perfect, but BBMA 2016, post revamp POMney, are all miles better than Circusney in terms of performance. Yes, the Circus production was the last masterpiece..but if you combined that with the current POMney, it would be pretty epic. 

1 hour ago, ss0725 said:

This was the first time I saw Britney live (2009 in Vancouver). The concert as a whole was spectacular and I LOVED this era...  but there was a lot of walking back and forth or circling the stage. Felt like they strategically did the big three ring circus stage to excuse her lack of dancing and so she could pace around or be rolled around on something. I agree her facial expressions/swagger feels like Primeney. But the dancing wasn’t great/was kind of nonexistent (aside from a few songs... Mannequin and Toxic come to mind). I loooved all the costumes, the production value, the live ‘You Oughta Know’ cover and the Marilyn Manson interlude!

I was there in Van too- she didn't sing You Oughta Know at our tour! Yea, it was electric, but post the weed incident, the crowd wasn't AS enthused IMO. 

THe first three songs tho- CIrcus, POM, Radar- were fire. it was like watching old Britney. Kinda felt downhill from there. 

22 hours ago, LostInAnImage said:

Having seen it live, the entrance was epic enough, and the electricity from the crowd was so palpable, that I didn't mind the lack of choreography (however, it started to become a bit of a letdown as the show progressed and she never sang live OR really danced. Also, she never actually interacted with us at all). :ehum: 

Nevertheless, I don't regret having attended the show. The production was seriously impressive in person, as were some of the numbers, like TOMH. :tbh:

One thing I'm curious about is why on earth they swapped her initial opening costume. When I saw her, she had that ringleader jacket during her entrance and it looked amazing; here, however, when she first descends she looks like she belongs in a cult. :yesokay:

10 minutes ago, joe sp said:

Ya, but she only did that on what? Two or three dates?

At the opening night of the second North American leg in Hamilton I think she may have said one or two lines live -- "What's up, Hamilton? We're going to slow it down for one of my favourite songs, Everytime." And, "Thanks for coming, goodbye everybody!" And I'm not even positive she said goodbye, to be honest. :ehum:

6 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Ya, but she only did that on what? Two or three dates?

At the opening night of the second North American leg in Hamilton I think she may have said one or two lines live -- "What's up, Hamilton? We're going to slow it down for one of my favourite songs, Everytime." And, "Thanks for coming, goodbye everybody!" And I'm not even positive she said goodbye, to be honest. :ehum:

Can we ask for more?, the poor girl just had a breakdown

23 hours ago, Steel Magnolia said:

Same here, I don't regret going for the production. It was an amazing show on its own, regardless of whether Britney was there or not. :ricackle:

As far as the outfit, didn't she only wear this during the Madison Square Garden dates? Because it's known for boxing?

According to the girl that was in charge of her outfits they lost the ringleader jacket. She said they didn't know where it was for a long time. That sounds like BS to me tho

6 hours ago, ss0725 said:

She wore extremely high heels too.

sqtx1x.jpg

I think that she cared more about her appereance than her dancing, specially during the first dates. she kinda had the pressure from the media calling her fat all the time.Heels made her look taller and slimmer but some ******** like the dailymail still made fun of her:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1159083/Bulky-Spears-As-Britney-returns-stage-years-bigger-star-ever.html

Heels limited her dancing but she did ok I mean not anyone can run on heels like she did on that tour 

Archived