Does the general public want to hear music from Britney again?

sarahbbyy

I feel like if she releases the same music about *** that she always has released, it will not be exciting for people to hear and no one will care to hear from her.

Is it even worth it for to work on a new album when all we are going to hear the same stuff that most people are tired of already? Even if she tries new sounds, the messages still remain the same in her music, so I feel like she needs to change what her message is in order to make people care.

If she keeps singing about ***, people will probably be like "Here we go again! We know what is going to come of it. Why even listen to it?"

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still enjoy Britney's music. I want to get that out of the way because I don't want the rest of the post to be a slam. Times have just changed. I don't think the general population cares about Britney anymore. I don't think it'll matter if she does an album about ****** or if she does an album about world peace. I just don't/can't see it happening with the general public. There's newer acts to care about or older stuff. I enjoy a lot of older music and see people commenting about how they like this better than the popular music that's around now.

Tough question...Brit's comeback is part of the past so she's no longer relevant, and she definitely needs to evolve as an artist :tifftear:

However, as rumors stated some time ago Britney has a complete catalogue of hits for future shows so why would her team release a new studio album? This made me ask myself many questions :tifftear:

If B10 will have the same fate as her last 2 albums(which is more than likely)  then I prefer promotional singles every now and then instead of a full album :tifftear:

BRITNEY WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH YOUR LEGACY? :kyliecry:

51 minutes ago, MC The Songbird Supreme said:

According to Wendy Williams....no. They apparently just want to listen to Toxic and other old stuff forever.

This isn’t really anything to go by lol. I can understand performance wise, but most of the GP the charts pander to have **** taste so they don’t get to judge future musical endeavors like that. :orangu:

21 minutes ago, pablitonizer said:

If B10 will have the same fate as her last 2 albums(which is more than likely)  then I prefer promotional singles every now and then instead of a full album :tifftear:

That just says you only care for chart success, and not a quality body of work.

I don’t care if she flops as long as I love the music, it advances her sound and she’s actually passionate about it.

54 minutes ago, MC The Songbird Supreme said:

According to Wendy Williams....no. They apparently just want to listen to Toxic and other old stuff forever.

She was exactly who I thought of just by reading the thread title. I honestly don't think the general public is hungry for new music from Britney but if she makes it and it's a smasher then I think they'll be dippin it and dewin it along with all us fans. She uses the same analogy with Janet Jackson and Mariah. They have their catalog of hits so no one really cares for their new stuff.

I honestly don't see what Britney could bring to the table anymore that'll make the GP jump on board. It's got to be really fresh and different or it'll be like all the luke warm stuff that Mariah and Janet put out. Bops but no real hits. She can really shock us with substance and deep music, but even so I think only the fans would appreciate it. 

I don't think anyone in the world cares about Britney or what she does. 

She could shave her head again and it would go unnoticed.

She could release an album full of ballads and ousting Adele, or she could re-release BJ to celebrate her 20th anniversary, but no one would care either way.

She's done.

There's just too much irreversible damages from past career mistakes.

Only the Army and some gays care about Britney, so at this point she can release any music at any level of quality she wants.

It will neither benefit or damage her because no one cares :imok:

If you ask some random people, the GP if you like, they'll obviously say that they don't wanna hear anything from Britney. :imok:

The thing is that they don't know they need her. The moment she releases another hit, they all will be like, "God, I missed Britney so much" "itsBrittanyBitch lol" etc :mattafact:

The least important thing is the message. If the song is really good, people won't even pay attention to the lyrics. Look at that Justin Timberlake song Can't Stop the Feeling. What is it about? Dancing? But it doesn't matter if it makes sense or not, or if it has a deep message, the song is catchy, straight forward pop, a sound that had been missing and is still missing with this depressive, indie trend that has taken over the Pop scene, and it became an instant hit. If Britney keeps jumping on these trends she will remain unnoticed. Nobody is here for her trying to be Adele or Beyoncé, even less Selena Gomez or any other more current artist. She needs to do Britney kind of songs. She needs to do Max Martin kind of songs, even if it's not with Max Martin, and people might start noticing her, taking her hand, stopping being stranger when their love is strong. :mattafact:

I agree!!! 

I think her new material should exude confidence & sass.. play on  rhythm and blues, fun beats & obviously there would have to be a ****** song or 3 lol but the B10 era needs to convey a TRUE OVERHAUL of her image. 

Honestly I think it would be so smart to use the 20th Anniversary as a marketing strategy to celebrate her career with a big GH style tour to say farewell to her past. I think that she should retire 80% of her hit songs from the stage & focus on a new chapter & new sound. 

Then.. later on when she is ready to really “retire” she can bring back the Hits for a farewell residency in Vegas 

Archived