Does the general public want to hear music from Britney again?

sarahbbyy

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, I Always Sing Live said:

As if Britney's music has ever had substance. :imok: The rare song she co-wrote here and there but the rest is just ***-me-up! :groovin:

Just look at Glory alone. All the songs are about *** except Man On The Moon, Just Like Me, Liar, If I’m Dancing, and Coupure Électrique :imok:

I would also add that people shouldn't be shocked at a GP backlash at Britney for not looking "hot" or beautiful.

Like I said she plastered her face on magazine covers everywhere at the peak of her fame in the early 2000s. and, obviously to a lesser extent, for her comeback in 2008. 

She was probably naive at the situation given her young age, however.

14 minutes ago, zxcvb said:

I would also add that people shouldn't be shocked at a GP backlash at Britney for not looking "hot" or beautiful.

Like I said she plastered her face on magazine covers everywhere at the peak of her fame in the early 2000s. and, obviously to a lesser extent, for her comeback in 2008. 

She was probably naive at the situation given her young age, however.

None of that going to happen

Britney still hot and beautiful 

The GP is never gonna take Britney seriously and I don’t know why people here continue to act like they ever will.

Britney has always been a guilty pleasure that delivers pop anthems. That’s her thing. That’s why she works. Nobody is here for her ballads besides Everytime (here in the US all her slow songs are gigantic flops). Nobody is here for her wannabe R&B. Nobody cared when she sang live in Vegas; story was irrelevant in 24 hours.

The GP does not care about “quality”. Like with Madonna and Hung Up, Britney is a proper banger away from a comeback. Til It’s Gone from Britney Jean, Love Me Down and Do You Wanna Come Over (and one could argue Clumsy, which was consistently a critic highlight of Glory because it is what Britney does best) were all missed opportunities.

She doesn’t need a “new image” - she was hot at the VMAS carpet, that blue look at Billboard backstage was stunning!! She needs to be consistent when she’s making high profile appearances!!! Images circulating like the Clive Davis night are tragic and no other star’s team would let that happen. A lot of you are so dramatic and rude about her lips but when her makeup is on point, her lips look completely fine.

We’ve seen rehearsals of her dancing her *** off. Her body is better than ever. She’s still beautiful. She still has somewhat of an ear for music trends. There is absolutely nothing wrong with Britney, she is just lazy!!!!!!!!!!!

If she drops ONE banger with a solid video and gives at least ONE televised and streamed performance where she actually gives 100% effort and looks like she gives a ****, Britney will see the top 10 again. Pop does not have long term memory. It’s about hits. The five years since Scream & Shout may seem like a long time but it’s really not.

I’m sorry sistrens but the truth is yes I think Britney needs to up her game with a solid promo plan and like yeah maybe a different image but not too much. Like just a natural evolution of Britney Spears.

I like her **** very feminine lingerie looks for the Glory era promo depsite what people say. Like the Private Show commercial for example.  Classic and ****.

But anyway what I really want to say is that GP will eat whatever radio feeds them. And they’ll like what they’re told to like: Aka Taylor right now.

So really Britney needs radio support and she needs the media on her side. They don’t play her anymore on radio. But they don’t play much new Beyonce (even though Beyonce is praised), Madonna or Jlo either. They play the newer acts. A lot of money goes into this.

But Britney can still deliver good music and Glory is a very good step in a different direction of a more grown-up music and great vocals! Actually, if Britney could just release an album she gets really hands on with (because we know the greatness she can create), have a solid theme, a tour, performances, magazines and a big deal around her 20th career anniversary she could do a Circus 2.0 comeback.

:verycool:

On 11/15/2017 at 8:50 AM, LostInAnImage said:

Honestly, I don't think anyone outside of "stanbase" culture gives any thought as to whether or not a particular artist is appealing at the moment. Ultimately, having a hit simply boils down to having a good (or catchy) song that people want to hear, and having the proper promotion via radio deals and streaming playlists to ensure the song in question is heard by the masses. People will bandwagon for any hit single, I don't think it matters who the actual artist behind the song is.

It's a bit different with Britney, there's a certain stigma about liking her. There's a lot of PR work needed to change that

No, but if the song is good enough, they'll eat it. I highly doubt the public wanted new J.Lo music in 2011, but she released OTF, promoted it with amazing performances (who can forget this), shot a great video for it, the public liked it and it ended up becoming the 5th biggest song of 2011 and J.Lo's biggest song ever. She was 42 when that hapenned, so age isn't an excuse.

The public isn't here for stuff like SP from Britney, with pink and blue videos and **** like that. She needs to mature artistically, start giving a **** about her career, stop releasing **** like SP and release something worthy of smashing.

Archived