Does the general public want to hear music from Britney again?

sarahbbyy

Britney is just under the radar. Despite her random IG posts etc going viral, I don't think MOST of the GP know that she's making new music tbh. 
My friends who are non-friends were surprised to learn that she had new music out and they actually loved Make Me and SP. :lemmetellu:
I feel like, team Britney needs to be smart when releasing singles and creating a momentum for exposure. I know that she's making music for the fans but sharing with the GP... they'll be surprised by how the GP will respond to her new stuff  :donewithit:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, pablitonizer said:

Tough question...Brit's comeback is part of the past so she's no longer relevant, and she definitely needs to evolve as an artist :tifftear:

However, as rumors stated some time ago Britney has a complete catalogue of hits for future shows so why would her team release a new studio album? This made me ask myself many questions :tifftear:

If B10 will have the same fate as her last 2 albums(which is more than likely)  then I prefer promotional singles every now and then instead of a full album :tifftear:

BRITNEY WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH YOUR LEGACY? :kyliecry:

I would like one more album to celebrate her 20 years but she can do what Justin Bieber and Nicki do and feature on everyone song and release buzz singles and maybe songs for movie soundtracks just so far all her buzz singles have been overproduced and lacking quality (pretty girls, ooh la la, toms diner)

Some of them do, only some

Some of you act like a good portion of the GP have high standards when it come to music or performances.

Have you guys seen half the **** on the charts?

I keep seeing  some of you complain about Britney songs being all about *** when half the songs on the charts are *** related for crying out loud.

Will you fools stop acting like all the GP has high standards.

it's not about what's on the charts, but britney's evolution. she has been singing the same song her entire career and people look at her like a one trick pony. we know she's talented but she never shows it or is ashamed of it and people lose interest. 

Honestly, I don't think anyone outside of "stanbase" culture gives any thought as to whether or not a particular artist is appealing at the moment. Ultimately, having a hit simply boils down to having a good (or catchy) song that people want to hear, and having the proper promotion via radio deals and streaming playlists to ensure the song in question is heard by the masses. People will bandwagon for any hit single, I don't think it matters who the actual artist behind the song is.

The GP only want to see hot **** Britney dancing her *** off on stage and causing controversy like she did in her prime...if she danced like she used to she would destroy all the basic acts like taylor. If they don't get that from her she's not going to be seen as Britney Spears the pop star. She's just a has been that looks like a complete mess on stage. When she promoted Circus in 2008 she wore boring outfits trying to have a more mature image but for me she screwed it all 

48 minutes ago, really really cool guy said:

The GP only want to see hot **** Britney dancing her *** off on stage and causing controversy like she did in her prime...if she danced like she used to she would destroy all the basic acts like taylor. If they don't get that from her she's not going to be seen as Britney Spears the pop star. She's just a has been that looks like a complete mess on stage. When she promoted Circus in 2008 she wore boring outfits trying to have a more mature image but for me she screwed it all 

This is the ultimate truth. The GP responds to Brit when she shows up, looks fierce AF, and dances. Remember BBMA2016? No new song, just a killer medley. She looked amazing and danced better than the GP had seen her dance since 2004. People talked about it for weeks/months. Cut to the VMAs. Amazing song. She looked amazing on the red carpet. But on stage the outfit was mediocre and the performance was lackluster. Nobody noticed.

I truly believe if she has a good song, and pairs it with a high profile performance, looks amazing, lipsyncs on point, and dances hard, the GP will respond. I still believe if she had ended the BBMA performance with Make Me, it would have gone #1.

Thing is though, there are quite a lot of mainstream pop artists that never really change the subject with their music.
I mean its rare that you actually see pop stars doing a Michael Jackson and releasing songs exploring several different subjects throughout their career.
I think @PokemonSpears hit the nail on the head with that, if the song is catchy enough, the gp will be feeling Britney just like they have for years. 
Britney certainly isn't the only artist to stick to one certain subject within her music.
I mean even artists like Adele have a very continuous, common theme which is heartbreak and love.
Britney's common, continuous theme is love, *** and up-lifting, fun-loving, feel-good party sort of music.

If she has gp friendly music, good marketing and promo, the gp will respond well to it I reckon.  

Guest I Think I'm Ready Now

They don't take her seriously :sassybrit: 

She is more like a pop icon from the past, that people listen to when they feel nostalgic about their childhood :sassybrit: 

27 minutes ago, Kiiddy said:

Thing is though, there are quite a lot of mainstream pop artists that never really change the subject with their music.
I mean its rare that you actually see pop stars doing a Michael Jackson and releasing songs exploring several different subjects throughout their career.
I think @PokemonSpears hit the nail on the head with that, if the song is catchy enough, the gp will be feeling Britney just like they have for years. 
Britney certainly isn't the only artist to stick to one certain subject within her music.
I mean even artists like Adele have a very continuous, common theme which is heartbreak and love.
Britney's common, continuous theme is love, *** and up-lifting, fun-loving, feel-good party sort of music.

If she has gp friendly music, good marketing and promo, the gp will respond well to it I reckon.  

I want Adele to release her Gimme More to show she's a real artist that can sing about everything :lessons: 

:mattafact:

The thing is Britney has sung about *** (including ************, threesomes, nakedness, *** phone calls and the ode to **** ***) and dancefloors/clubs/dancing a lot of times, yes, but she's also sung about love, about heartbreak, any kind of relationships, about friendship, about God, about pretty girls and bad little boys, about a diner, hangovers, motherhood, the apocalypsis, e-mails, teenage existential questions, female empowerment, womanizers, liars, fame, but did any of that really matter or make a difference? 

Only idle people that wants to find deeper messages in pop music will question the lyrics of a song they hear on the radio. But if the song is good, is catchy, is a kind of sound and rhythm that appeals to a wider range of the public, and not exclusively to the lovers of certain genre, it will be a hit, even if the lyrics don't make any sense, or if it's in another language. The song doesn't even have to be good, just look at Despacito :imok: So there's always the possibility for Britney  to make a huge comeback, but there's a lot of factors, including timing, luck, but the truth is that if people expects something from Britney or not is not an impediment. Look at Despacito again, NO ONE in this world needed or wanted something from Luis Fonsi even though he started his career like forever ago.That just came out of nowhere and became the most watched video in YT history, go figure. So if someone as lame as Luis Fonsi can, not everything is lost for Britney Spears, but we'll have to wait and see :mattafact:

I mean it's either you sing your song live and limit your dancing (like most artists do nowadays) or you lipsynch and put on a killer dance performance (primeney) right now she is doing neither... makes it harder for the GP to be interested. Her hits catalogue and videos from the past remains huge and untouchable which is a saving grace for her career now but the way her work from 99-04 inspired almost 2 generations of females, she needs another big era to continue that inspiration and to continue her legacy then I think she could 'retire' if she chooses to or take a real break for a couple years... 

2 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

The thing is Britney has sung about *** (including ************, threesomes, nakedness, *** phone calls and the ode to **** ***) and dancefloors/clubs/dancing a lot of times, yes, but she's also sung about love, about heartbreak, any kind of relationships, about friendship, about God, about pretty girls and bad little boys, about a diner, hangovers, motherhood, the apocalypsis, e-mails, teenage existential questions, female empowerment, womanizers, liars, fame, but did any of that really matter or make a difference? 

Only idle people that wants to find deeper messages in pop music will question the lyrics of a song they hear on the radio. But if the song is good, is catchy, is a kind of sound and rhythm that appeals to a wider range of the public, and not exclusively to the lovers of certain genre, it will be a hit, even if the lyrics don't make any sense, or if it's in another language. The song doesn't even have to be good, just look at Despacito :imok: So there's always the possibility for Britney  to make a huge comeback, but there's a lot of factors, including timing, luck, but the truth is that if people expects something from Britney or not is not an impediment. Look at Despacito again, NO ONE in this world needed or wanted something from Luis Fonsi even though he started his career like forever ago.That just came out of nowhere and became the most watched video in YT history, go

3 hours ago, really really cool guy said:

4 hours ago, FeedTheStans said:

I think that she needs a makeover. A new look and sound. Something fresh.

figure. So if someone as lame as Luis Fonsi can, not everything is lost for Britney Spears, but we'll have to wait and see :mattafact:

Britney can only make a comeback with a great image.  I hope Britney doesn't ever pretend that ANTYHING other than her image is what gave her the career she had.  (No matter how hard she worked any of her In The Zone dancers could have done any dance routine she ever did with ease)

There was a gluttony of her image on magazines throughout the early 2000s and guess what allowed her comeback?  Her image.  She had to look all glamorous in contrast to the dark-haired (critics would say trashy-weaved) Britney from 2005-2007 in order to have a comeback.

But maybe Britney doesn't want any comeback at all and its a moot point.

Archived