Why do fans believe Janet was Britney's blueprint?

8 minutes ago, puppylo16 said:

You seriously gonna ask that? It's so prominent in her work. How do you think she got the headset mic from? 

Like another member pointed out, I think it's best that @cheri tell you cuz it's a long list so it's strange you don't see it.

And the unfortunate thing is that Britney gave Madonna all the credit under the sun, but only mentioned Janet like a couple times in her career. The only thing Britney and Madonna have in common is they were provocative.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, danny1994 said:

And the unfortunate thing is that Britney gave Madonna all the credit under the sun, but only mentioned Janet like a couple times in her career. The only thing Britney and Madonna have in common is they were provocative.

It was more the media that gave Madonna more credit than Janet, Britney until the Britney era gave a lot of credit to Janet. :mattafact:

4 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Controversy and Media Backlash are not part of a blueprint for an artist. Those things come naturally as a result of choices. It's the reason why Madonna flashes her *** on tour in 2017 and nobody cares anymore. It's expected. Janet's had her fair share of both as well.

It's well documented that Janet is Britney's biggest inspiration and the core of her artistry revolves around that. From the dancing to the costumes to the shift in sound from Teen Pop to R&B to Dance Pop, Janet had already done that and Britney followed suit. Britney was nowhere as theatrical and gimmick oriented as Madonna was. Baby - Blackout had change but it was never a complete reinvention or retooling of Britney, just an evolution in sound and artistry. The *** kitten was always there since the start. Whether she was a lolita or a full blown vixen.

Whose idea was for the lolita image? As well as the full blown vixen?

4 hours ago, Lemon said:

Nobody is original. Michael Jackson copied James Brown (and he really ******* copied him), and Madonna copied Marilyn Monroe and Marlene Dietrich. Everyone is allowed to copy as long as they do it with their own style. Art is made of influences. 

MJ took inspirations from James Brown. MJ became original himself.

2 minutes ago, KatLove said:

Whose idea was for the lolita image? As well as the full blown vixen?

JIVE execs wanted to create an American version of Baby Spice. So they pitched some cutesy ideas to Britney like the power ranger superhero video for BOMT and that's when she gave the idea of being in school with her friends dancing. A little work, and the schoolgirl concept was born. Gradually, as time went by Britney wanted to evole as she was getting older which gave us the vixen by In the Zone.

• Love 1
  • Like 2

A lot of you can't ever come to terms with the idea that Britney's career was shaped/influence by the performers before her, without tearing them down.

There's nothing wrong with Janet being a Blueprint for Britney, a long with other artists. 

Houses come with Blueprints but the decorations inside and out are what make it YOURS.

• Love 2
  • Like 5
2 minutes ago, Joey Angel said:

A lot of you can't ever come to terms with the idea that Britney's career was shaped/influence by the performers before her, without tearing them down.

There's nothing wrong with Janet being a Blueprint for Britney, a long with other artists. 

Houses come with Blueprints but the decorations inside and out are what make it YOURS.

dhMeAzK_zpsbulwwsat.gif

• Like 3
10 hours ago, SonOfSun said:

Britney is clearly heavily inspired by Janet. And that's alright because Janet is amazing, such a great inspiration. 

All of "Britney" and "In The Zone" era were very similar to Janet music, videos, and outfits.

Even recently with "Make Me" I felt she wanted to recreate a **** mid-tempo r'n'b hit like "That's The Way Love Goes". 

:clap:

• Love 1
15 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

Uh she's practically a carbon copy of Janet. 

That's silly, HOWEVER, I feel like the OP is wrong and there aren't enough Britney-Janet comparisons relative to Britney-Madonna ones, which aren't very accurate anymore. In fact even Britney's *sales patterns* follow Janet's -- both dropped off significantly after their seventh album. But the second half of Brit's major years was driven by electro and EDM sounds, and Janet never really did anything like 'Piece of Me' or 'I Wanna Go' or 'Circus'...however, there are some eras in which practically every single could have been a Janet song, INCLUDING GLORY AND BRITNEY JEAN. It's not that Janet didn't do dance music, but that it was much more clearly rooted in R&B and hip-hop sounds (eg, the ALL FOR YOU era) than Britney's, whose new sound's origins were more European

Britney is her own person don't get me wrong. But she did take lots of inspiration from Janet. Britney and ITZ eras are very similar to Velvet Rope, All For You, and Janet eras. They are both pop stars who could dance amazingly in their primes and can do better than a lot of their peers later in their careers. And they both have some iconic videos. I love both. 

And she doesn't "copy Janet" artists combine different ideas from each other, that's how new sounds and trends begin. Ariana was inspired by Mariah, Mariah was inspired by Whitney and Aretha, but they didn't copy each other, they all have similar voices but did different things with them. Just Like Selena and Miley are inspired by Britney. 

• Like 2
Guest Paris Hilton $

Britney took inspiration from janet jackson and justin timberlake from michael jackson

But still, both of them were able to create their own image and their own thing, and britney to the point that she's considered as one of the most influencial and successful pop artists ever

Britney album was almost entirely inspired by the jacksons, from rejected songs from them to outfits/music videos

At the same time, she was only 19/20 during that time

Then came the ITZ album where she was less inspired by her, I think that she was taking the right direction to make an original/acclaimed album 'till blackout, where circus/basic pop was what she delivered

• Super Mods
8 hours ago, danny1994 said:

And white :mhm:

• Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1
6 hours ago, Michaelgiftos said:

Britney is her own person don't get me wrong. But she did take lots of inspiration from Janet. Britney and ITZ eras are very similar to Velvet Rope, All For You, and Janet eras. They are both pop stars who could dance amazingly in their primes and can do better than a lot of their peers later in their careers. And they both have some iconic videos. I love both. 

And she doesn't "copy Janet" artists combine different ideas from each other, that's how new sounds and trends begin. Ariana was inspired by Mariah, Mariah was inspired by Whitney and Aretha, but they didn't copy each other, they all have similar voices but did different things with them. Just Like Selena and Miley are inspired by Britney. 

I felt like clothing wise she took a lot from Janet. 

• 2 years later...