Why do fans believe Janet was Britney's blueprint?

• Content Curators
27 minutes ago, Leolileinstein said:

Janet is def Britney's main influence, especially in first 3 eras. But she was influenced by Madonna as well, but the M influence is more evident in ITZ era, Blackout era and Circus era, but it also has a bit of Janet too. 

Girl the onyx hotel tour is Janet :ohwut:

• Like 1

The only reason Britney started praising Madonna more than Janet is because Madonna started praising Britney

Spoiler

and using her to gain attention for her own career declining career in the 2000s

, so Britney responded by giving her more praise.

Janet has always been Britney's number one fave.

But Britney doesn't copy and she isn't a culture vulture. :chrissy:

She's probably one of the few artist who truly pays homage to the artist before her and doesnt claim things as her own. :bareclap:

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
On 8/31/2017 at 11:39 AM, Britney's Blackout said:

I can't edit my previous post anymore, but here: 

https://prince.org/msg/8/398792

On 8/31/2017 at 12:45 PM, SonOfSun said:

Britney is clearly heavily inspired by Janet. And that's alright because Janet is amazing, such a great inspiration. 

All of "Britney" and "In The Zone" era were very similar to Janet music, videos, and outfits.

Even recently with "Make Me" I felt she wanted to recreate a **** mid-tempo r'n'b hit like "That's The Way Love Goes". 

Even Britney's Femme Fatale cover was inspired by Janet's "janet." cover

Janetperiod1993.png

EaZrFf4WkAAqjmX?format=jpg&name=360x360

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Leolileinstein said:

Janetperiod1993.png

this isn't femme fatale's cover though:ohwut:

On 8/31/2017 at 9:04 AM, 5HINee said:

Isn't that enough ? Primeney is mostly known for her dancing and outfits. To me Britney is better than Janet all the way

it's been 3 years, I'm old:jeanluc:

• Like 1
On 6/13/2020 at 6:16 PM, Leolileinstein said:

Janetperiod1993.png

she has directors/creative directors/producers/ stylists/hair&make up people/ photographers that take the creative decisions, if they ask her. So we witness some inspiration plus some..recycling. 

• 1 year later...
On 8/31/2017 at 11:26 AM, danny1994 said:

And the unfortunate thing is that Britney gave Madonna all the credit under the sun, but only mentioned Janet like a couple times in her career. The only thing Britney and Madonna have in common is they were provocative.

This is BS. Britney has always given Janet credit her entire career. In fact there’s an entire wikipedia tab dedicated to it. As well as various videos and interviews. Why y’all act like an artist can only be influenced by one person is beyond me and so ridiculous. She has consistently stated Madonna and Janet as her biggest influences. And you can see hints of both of them throughout her career. Britney has done videos and songs reminiscent of Madonna. As well as collabed with her TWO times. Brit also did a list rating her favorite music videos in her prime and Janet and Madonna took up most of the list with “Express Yourself” topping her list. She also commonly dances to Janet and Madonna on instagram 

• Love 2