Why do fans believe Janet was Britney's blueprint?

18 minutes ago, KatLove said:

The only similarities I see is dancing and outfits( low pants and crop tops) but thats about it. . 

Isn't that enough ? Primeney is mostly known for her dancing and outfits. To me Britney is better than Janet all the way

• Love 3
  • Like 2
3 hours ago, JustLuvMe said:

The perfect combination of all, she's just like a powerpuff girl

tenor.gif

Yes.  She's basically a combination of Janet, as a performer, and Madonna, as a controversial figure. (Although not better than either in those categories)

I will say she had arguably more *** appeal than both and certainly had world class charisma.

• Love 1
  • Like 3
3 hours ago, JustLuvMe said:

The perfect combination of all, she's just like a powerpuff girl

tenor.gif

Yes.  She's basically a combination of Janet, as a performer, and Madonna, as a controversial figure. (Although not better than either in those categories)

I will say she had arguably more *** appeal than both and certainly had world class charisma.

3 hours ago, KatLove said:

The only similarities I see is dancing and outfits( low pants and crop tops) but thats about it. Britney is a mix of Janets dancing, Madonna controversy, and MJ media backlash. 

Are you kidding? I know you want britney to be all original but stop. Really, it makes this fanbase look even more delusional. Just use google.

Or you can just start here 
https://www.lipstickalley.com/threads/culture-vulture-britney-spears-oops-i-stole-again.779375/

• Like 1

There's actually a lot of them, because Britney did take a lot of inspiration from Janet whether y'all want to acknowledge it or not. @cheri would be the person to actually talk to about this subject, but seeing as she's already done a huge post full of the similarities between them before, I wouldn't blame her if she didn't want to go into all of it again.

• Like 5

Britney is clearly heavily inspired by Janet. And that's alright because Janet is amazing, such a great inspiration. 

All of "Britney" and "In The Zone" era were very similar to Janet music, videos, and outfits.

Even recently with "Make Me" I felt she wanted to recreate a **** mid-tempo r'n'b hit like "That's The Way Love Goes". 

• Like 8
  • Super Mods
3 hours ago, Cappycorn87 said:

Britney has an identity of her own

Yes that's why her name is Britney not Janet. There's nothing wrong with copying, she cites Janet's work all the time. She even said she wanted BJ to sound like Janet's sound. Obviously she would put her own spin to it but she follows Janet very closely in her career to the point it's almost like she's a white version of Janet. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, KatLove said:

The only similarities I see is dancing and outfits( low pants and crop tops) but thats about it. Britney is a mix of Janets dancing, Madonna controversy, and MJ media backlash. 

Controversy and Media Backlash are not part of a blueprint for an artist. Those things come naturally as a result of choices. It's the reason why Madonna flashes her *** on tour in 2017 and nobody cares anymore. It's expected. Janet's had her fair share of both as well.

It's well documented that Janet is Britney's biggest inspiration and the core of her artistry revolves around that. From the dancing to the costumes to the shift in sound from Teen Pop to R&B to Dance Pop, Janet had already done that and Britney followed suit. Britney was nowhere as theatrical and gimmick oriented as Madonna was. Baby - Blackout had change but it was never a complete reinvention or retooling of Britney, just an evolution in sound and artistry. The *** kitten was always there since the start. Whether she was a lolita or a full blown vixen.

• Like 4

Nobody is original. Michael Jackson copied James Brown (and he really ******* copied him), and Madonna copied Marilyn Monroe and Marlene Dietrich. Everyone is allowed to copy as long as they do it with their own style. Art is made of influences. 

• Love 1
  • Like 8
  • Super Mods
1 hour ago, KatLove said:

How so?

You seriously gonna ask that? It's so prominent in her work. How do you think she got the headset mic from? 

Like another member pointed out, I think it's best that @cheri tell you cuz it's a long list so it's strange you don't see it.

• Love 1
  • Like 2