Times Britney has been cocky about her status/achievements in her music

Someone Who Knows

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, I Think I'm Ready Now said:

This forum is 30 % When is she going to sing live ?, 30  % POM is a mess,  30 % Her face looks old, 10 % She should retire :ricackle:

Ok, there's some delusional fans, but there's a lot of hate too.

criticizing pom & expecting her to do her job isn't hate, making comments on her appearance like her nose etc is just unneeded, its sad people get so upset over a choice britney is happy with like leave her be.

11 minutes ago, I Think I'm Ready Now said:

This forum is 30 % When is she going to sing live ?, 30  % POM is a mess,  30 % Her face looks old, 10 % She should retire :ricackle:

The only hate her is 80% towards realistic fans, 10% POM, lipsync, Dancing, 10% britney fun stuff on her face. 

:mattafact:

43 minutes ago, I Think I'm Ready Now said:

It's actually more like this....

30% = Fans who think Britney can and does no wrong
30% = Fans who know she doesn't care like she used to and think we should just accept her macaroni art side project because "we could be getting nothing at all"
30% = Fans who think Britney's currently doing very wrong (I won't split this between fans who care about sales and fans who just want her to care again, because that's a little more effort than I want to put in and this category can be lumped together)
10% = Actual psychotics and/or haters

There's also a strange split in work ethic and appearance based criticisms. I'd say about 30% of those who get mad at people criticizing her work ethic (the first two percent groups mentioned originally) actually turn around and criticize the work she's had done or her body, and 50% who criticize her work ethic being disgusted with people thinking it's okay to criticize her face changes/body. Then the other 20%, who try to stay positive all around. (I actually want to say it's 40/50/10 percent, but I'm being lenient here.)

**10% Psychotic/Hate-- I mean, I personally consider judging her face changes/body to be hate, but like actual downright, "Britney is TERRIBLE and I hate everything about her", "she's ugly", + other gross things I'd never want to type out because how could someone say those kinds of things about anyone.... that one doesn't happen very often at all, and if it does, we ALL shut them down quick.

But I will give you a 10%* (made a mistake) on those who say she should just retire. :)

2 minutes ago, fucknfurter said:

30% = Fans who know she doesn't care like she used to and think we should just accept her macaroni art side project because "we could be getting nothing at all"
30% = Fans who think Britney's currently doing very wrong (I won't split this between fans who care about sales and fans who just want her to care again, because that's a little more effort than I want to put into and this category can be lumped together)

There's also a strange split in work ethic and appearance based criticisms. I'd say about 30% of those who get mad at people criticizing her work ethic (the first two percent groups mentioned originally) actually turn around and criticize the work she's had done or her body, and 50% who criticize her work ethic being disgusted with people thinking it's okay to criticize her face changes/body. Then the other 20%, who try to stay positive all around. (I actually want to say it's 40/50/10 percent, but I'm being lenient here.)

**10% Psychotic/Hate-- I mean, I personally consider judging her face changes/body to be hate, but like actual downright, "Britney is TERRIBLE and I hate everything about her", "she's ugly", + other gross things I'd never want to type out because how could someone say those kinds of things about anyone.... that one doesn't happen very often at all, and if it does, we ALL shut them down quick.

But I will give you a 20% on those who say she should just retire. :)

What's with these percentage :moorangu: all matter is this forum 100% Britney Fans. But Is there non fans over here though :nocomprende:

14 minutes ago, fucknfurter said:

30% = Fans who think Britney's currently doing very wrong (I won't split this between fans who care about sales and fans who just want her to care again, because that's a little more effort than I want to put in and this category can be lumped together)

But I will give you a 10%* (made a mistake) on those who say she should just retire. :)

I'd like to take a survey of our members who think certain members belong in each of those categories.

at the top of my head I can name atleast one member for each.

She waves hi. "Hey, Brit, I listened to that new album," says Williams. "It's awesome! Good album. Good job. Vocals were tight, girl."

"I know," Britney yells. "I'm the ****."

Williams laughs. "You the ****!"

"I know it, baby," she yells, with a coy smile. "It's hard to be this hot."

"Tell me about it," says Williams, laughing. "It's Britney, *****!"

15 minutes ago, naturalplayboy said:

I'd like to take a survey of our members who think certain members belong in each of those categories.

:orangu: Watch that become one of our polls. But it's the most realistic if we're actually going to break it down to numbers and not just accept that people are going to be divided on Currentney, no matter what, but that they still remain fans. I'm expecting to be told I gave it too much thought, but it's just what I've observed.

15 minutes ago, naturalplayboy said:

at the top of my head I can name atleast one member for each.

:lanacackle: Same, sis.

Guest I Think I'm Ready Now
31 minutes ago, fucknfurter said:

Wow :ohnoney:

I find this forum overly negative most of the time. Thankfully it's funny enough, that's why I stay. :urite:

But Britney is not all my life, that's why I don't understand how people can waste so much energy being negative. It's just pop music.

Some members will never say anything positive :girlwhat:

6 minutes ago, I Think I'm Ready Now said:

I find this forum overly negative most of the time. Thankfully it's funny enough, that's why I stay. :urite:

But Britney is not all my life, that's why I don't understand how people can waste so much energy being negative. It's just pop music.

:embarrassed: Sorry to have blurted my observations at you. I just wanted a fair split, lmao.

See, I find it to be a mix of both-- but yeah, it's definitely funny. And I can understand that, but as someone who does just wish she would put more effort and care in, I can also always see why people voice their disappointments. It is just music, but music can be a very powerful tool, if that makes sense. :yaknow:

I'm going to be honest and say I won't go here, because I like members on all sides of the coin and can't entirely agree.

8 minutes ago, I Think I'm Ready Now said:

i wonder who you are talking about :ririshade2: :brityawning:

Guest I Think I'm Ready Now
7 minutes ago, fucknfurter said:

:embarrassed: Sorry to have blurted my observations at you. I just wanted a fair split, lmao.

See, I find it to be a mix of both-- but yeah, it's definitely funny. And I can understand that, but as someone who does just wish she would put more effort and care in, I can also always see why people voice their disappointments. It is just music, but music can be a very powerful tool. :yaknow:

I'm going to be honest and say I won't go here, because I like members on all sides of the coin and can't entirely agree.

I like fair and honest members like you :tiffanynod:

I'm realistic about Britney, I guess I just don't understand all the fights over her. 

13 minutes ago, I Think I'm Ready Now said:

I like fair and honest members like you :tiffanynod:

I'm realistic about Britney, I guess I just don't understand all the fights over her. 

Thank you very much. :hugs:

And I actually know you are. But some things that people fight about, I do think it comes down to those things just being treated too indifferently, whether it be by Britney, her team, etc. If there was some sort of balance, it'd be cool. But right now it doesn't feel like there is at all, so I can see why some can't just accept what they're given: because if I agreed with everything, it wouldn't sit right with me. (And at the same time, I know this is much better than things were in the last two eras pre-Glory/beginning of. It does kind of suck being able to see both sides, lol.)

Remember that FF interview where they were talking about selling 100 million records and she was like "actually it's 105..." so there's that, also not career related but once a fan submitted a question "how does it feel to be such a successful high school drop out" and she was like "first of all, Im not a drop out" or something and went on about her education. 

Also, what's wrong with her bragging about her AMAZING accomplishments yall? Why does her character directly rely on wether or not she occasionally boasts? We know she's mostly humble, according to literally everyone in the industry, why are y'all so bent on painting her to be evil? I saw that in the JT relationship thread too...I just don't get it. 

Archived