Why is "Amnesia" loved so much?

Shadow.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Wiggle said:

It's a bit overrated

I've seen people claiming it's better than Womanizer and Circus :outwithit: 

I love this song and I dont think its overrated but better than Circus ha? Who is say that? :tiffcackle:  Wtf?  

7 minutes ago, Shadow. said:

Quicksand was left out yet Mmm Papi is on the standard :zoomzoom:

I became OCD about using official tracklists in iTunes but this would be an ideal one imo:

Standard

01 Womanzier

02 Circus

03 Kill the Lights

04 Out from Under

05 Shattered Glass

06 If U Seek Amy

07 Unusual You

08 Blur

09 Amnesia

10 Mannequin

11 Lace and Leather

12 Quicksand

Bonus

13 Trouble

14 Rock Me In

15 Phonography

This flows a lot better. And I guess if you wanted to, you can include Rock Boy but it's kinda trash imo. :gross: I would prefer Dangerous instead.

3 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

I became OCD about using official tracklists in iTunes but this would be an ideal one imo:

Standard

01 Womanzier

02 Circus

03 Kill the Lights

04 Out from Under

05 Shattered Glass

06 If U Seek Amy

07 Unusual You

08 Blur

09 Amnesia

10 Mannequin

11 Lace and Leather

12 Quicksand

Bonus

13 Trouble

14 Rock Me In

15 Phonography

I guess if you wanted to, you can include Rock Boy but it's kinda trash imo. :gross: i would prefer Dangerous instead.

trouble & phonography deserve a place on the standard imo, i don't really care for shattered glass, lace & leather or out from under

1 minute ago, Shadow. said:

trouble & phonography deserve a place on the standard imo, i don't really care for shattered glass, lace & leather or out from under

I like those songs because they tie in with the overall more mellow theme of the album. Comparing to Madonna, I like to think of Blackout as Britney's Erotica and Circus her Bedtime Stories. BS was an album that was a bit safer and more mellow to get Madonna back into the public's good graces and they share a few similarities imo. 

They both have a critic lashing song (Kill the Lights, Human Nature)

an experimental track from them at #10 (Mannequin, Bedtime Story)

and overall a more toned down sound, I wouldn't put a lot of bangers when Womanizer, Circus and Amy are already there. I think it makes the album more cohesive, nothing wrong with some killer bonus tracks either. :verycool:

It's one of the best songs on Circus, and I would swap out almost any non-single on Circus for it (maybe not Shattered Glass). It's got a killer, classic-pop melody and is rhythmically more interesting than most pop songs, and her voice is great for the song -- very light and airy -- imagine Gaga or Katy or Beyonce trying to sing it. It's a song that has to be handled kind of delicately. It also does a couple of interesting things with the song structure: the first verse is kind of a 'fakeout,' because there's only three lines before the chorus kicks in. Then the second verse is also the bridge, and the later choruses have extended endings. So the song kind of builds and builds as it goes on. Amnesia is definitely in my Top 20 Britney songs.

2 hours ago, Someone Who Knows said:

Circus tracklist should have been:

1. Circus

2. Womanizer

3. Kill the Lights

4. If U Seek Amy

5. Unusual You

6. Shattered Glass

7. Mannequin

8. Phonography

9. Quicksand

10. Blur

11. Mmm Papi

12. Amnesia

Mmm papi??  :weusay:

1 minute ago, Someone Who Knows said:

Yup. One of her most underrated songs. It's zany and manic and fun and people take it WAY TOO ******* SERIOUSLY

Fun song ok but a little weak.  :queenriri:

5 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

does anyone have this song in 320kbps? i still listen to the shitty YouTube ones from 2008 when I go to listen to this song, and it's just not cutting it :gross:

Its actually on my version of circus as a deluxe track, ill see if i can set up a link for you

3 hours ago, Shadow. said:

I love the song but I thought I would be in the minority since its kinda different from her usual material but I actually see alot of love for it, why is it so loved? Is it the lyrics? Melody? Her vocals? :mhmsureny:

Amnesia is a masterpiece and haters will deal! Some people have no taste tbh

Archived