In Britney's family, having a big butt is a bad thing

WillR

18 minutes ago, popprison said:

isn't I like big butts and I canot lie from the the 90s though? lol I guess we all like curves but you're right, it become more acceptable and open and cool in the 2000s and more so in the 2010s

That song was written for POC. Because the eurocentric dominant beauty standard was the norm and any woman with a big *** / curves was considered to have an undesirable body shape in the media. Hence the "Cosmo says you're fat" line in the song, Cosmopolitan is a popular magazine aimed at female culture.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

That song was written for POC. Because the eurocentric dominant beauty standard was the norm and any woman with a big *** / curves was considered to have an undesirable body shape in the media. Hence the "Cosmo says you're fat" line in the song, Cosmopolitan is a popular magazine aimed at female culture.

Yes.

5 hours ago, Daxx said:

Have you ever thought that those were jokes? :usher:

My mom jokes that I'm a parasite who does nothing in life and that I'm so obese, colonies of humans could live on me. :angietea: Doesn't stop it from hurting my self-esteem and self-image.

And Britney's been saying since 2003 she didn't like her nose or her butt and would change them both if she could. One down, one to go.

Guest $elfish
9 hours ago, WillR said:

I can't seem to find them but on my tumblr earlier this year I saw someone post 3 old clips of Britney saying her dad and brother make fun of her for having a big butt, and in the one clip her brother said her butts getting too big and she needs to get on a treadmill....

So ya, Britney thinks having a butt is like having a fat stomach, she thinks it's bad and gross. Kinda strange but a lot of white people think having a big butt is shameful or embarrassing in some way. Pretty crazy....

Yessssss finally 

where were you sis? 

I was waiting for another Britney's *** thread

:flawlessbye: 

8 hours ago, WithoutAMap said:

BIG BUTTS have always been a thing. What rock have you guys been living under?

:ipass:

Not at all. They were reserved as an exotic fetish that was exclusively geared towards women of color in the eurocentric mainstream media. It was seen as undesirable by many women. Where do you think the "does this make my *** look fat" came from? :girlwhat:

25 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Not at all. They were reserved as an exotic fetish that was exclusively geared towards women of color in the eurocentric mainstream media. It was seen as undesirable by many women. Where do you think the "does this make my *** look fat" came from? :girlwhat:

This is 100% right.

It's only in the past couple of years that having curves has become socially acceptable for white women. The expectation has always been that they should be a thin as possible.

"You got a fat *** for a white girl."

What made Britney's response so funny is that she actually took it as a compliment. At the time, most white women would have taken it as an insult.

tumblr_mlkxch1EPw1r0ix14o1_500.jpg

22 minutes ago, Steel Magnolia said:

This is 100% right.

It's only in the past couple of years that having curves has become socially acceptable for white women. The expectation has always been that they should be a thin as possible.

What made Britney's response so funny is that she actually took it as a compliment. At the time, most white women would have taken it as an insult.

No she was offended. She looked at him expressionless and said "thank you".. flatly

1 hour ago, Steel Magnolia said:

This is 100% right.

:orangu: 

Archived