Cinderella Receipt?

HeavenOnExhale

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Rachel Green said:

Well that's clearly a joke.. I don't think she would have recorded and made a single a song she  completely despises. After all, she didn't record the original BTMYH because she didn't like the lyrics

who knows, i took it as a joke but she clearly doesn't like her old stuff anymore which is understandable 

3 hours ago, Rachel Green said:

Well that's clearly a joke.. I don't think she would have recorded and made a single a song she  completely despises. After all, she didn't record the original BTMYH because she didn't like the lyrics

She was what 16/17? around BOMT recording sessions, she wouldn't have had any say at all. Jive was looking for a star and they made her one. 

I made a thread about this in the past. She mentions it in her crossroads diary that came out for the movie. There she says how she didn't feel that the song reflected her persona at the moment. I'm kinda lazy to find it but that's the receipt we have :triggered:

Guest Edge Of Clockin' You
On 22/07/2017 at 8:36 PM, HeavenOnExhale said:

I really love this song Cinderella I honest to god think this song defines 00s pop perfection more than anything. If someone asks me what early 00s music sounds like I usually show them this song. I also notice Britney has writing credits for this song too but that could mean anything I mean Brenda Jeanie says it all when it comes to Brit's writing credits.  :tiffcackle:

I always heard she hated this song but never got an actual receipt on that? Did she actually say she hated this song or is this just speculated? and if so why do you guys think so? I would love to know what people think of it? 

Cinderella is pure pop gold and surely defines an era and could've been another iconic huge classic. 

On 7/22/2017 at 4:47 PM, lustwecantcontrol said:

The fake writing credits on BJ are Will.I.Am and RCA's doing as a form of damage control when they decided to revamp the album but had to still make it seem personal. Her writing credits before and after are legit.....many writers pre-BJ commented on how she never demanded credits if she didn't actually write anything. 

I never heard of her hating the song, the only song I remember there being a rumor about her hating was Sometimes! 

I've heard of her not taking credit for stuff she wrote too

I remember reading somewhere actually she and Max Martin had a feud over the song or its lyrics, and that Britney thought the song was immature or something like that. It's never been confirmed though. She didn't like Bombastic Love either and didn't want it as a single. 

1 hour ago, GrotesqueDiva said:

I just found this on Tumblr, no clue if real or not:

• Both “Bombastic Love” and “Cinderella” were not wanted by Britney on her album, cause she didn’t considered them enough mature mature for herself. But Jive insisted on the inclusion of these two tracks, the second of which Britney had a “confrontation” with producer Max Martin for text.

http://xray.tumblr.com/post/25242971852/theywantmore-hello-this-is-is-the-3rd-post-of

That's what I was talking about. But as I said it's not been confirmed, I would like some clarification on it. If it's true she hates Cinderella it's a shame as it's one of my favourite songs from Britney (album) 

9 hours ago, Sonyeri said:

I made a thread about this in the past. She mentions it in her crossroads diary that came out for the movie. There she says how she didn't feel that the song reflected her persona at the moment. I'm kinda lazy to find it but that's the receipt we have :triggered:

She was talking about Bombastic Love there. They wanted to use the song for Crossroads and release it as a single but Britney refused. That's probably why they went with Overprotected in the end

I have a strange vibe that she does! I get a feeling she hates most of the "Britney" album. Except Slave just because of songs like Cinderella, Bombastic Love which are songs even GP knows, some of her most known non album tracks are from this album. Dove Cameron says these two songs are her faves. 

22 hours ago, lustwecantcontrol said:

I believe she actually wrote Don'y Cry, Hold On Tight, some parts of Perfume, WB, and it was confirmed by Sia's manager that she wrote BMS. Songs that are maybes for me are Alien and Chillin With You.......other than those I don't think she wrote any of the other songs! 

Sia pretty much confirmed Britney wrote nothing on Perfume. Don't Cry and Hold on Tight are probably true. WB I don't know and Chillin with You......definitely not. 

but Alien is a weird one because a demo made of Ana Diaz vocals leaked, and during the second verse she just said ''bummmbadabum badabum....'', with no actual lyrics, so I'd say she did.

Personally, I think BJ is the exception to the writing credits thing. Before then, many producers went on about how she'd refuse to take credit if she didn't provide enough to the song. In Britney's case, I would definitely trust the credits there; it was the first album where she had more of a say. (Not as much as ITZ, don't get me wrong.) Her not liking the song is news to me, though. I guess it makes sense.

1 hour ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

Sia pretty much confirmed Britney wrote nothing on Perfume. Don't Cry and Hold on Tight are probably true. WB I don't know and Chillin with You......definitely not. 

but Alien is a weird one because a demo made of Ana Diaz vocals leaked, and during the second verse she just said ''bummmbadabum badabum....'', with no actual lyrics, so I'd say she did.

What did Sia say? :weirdmeout:

3 minutes ago, ShowdownITZ said:

What did Sia say? :weirdmeout:

During an interview with VH1, she let it slip. She was talking about the song and was like ''yeah, i really liked Perfume, but Britney was so sweet so I let her have it'', then she backtracked and said ''oh...Britney! yeah she wrote that'' and started laughing....

and then backtracked (again) and said her and Chris braide wrote it. They don't work with artist usually, and just send the songs off.....

and she says it again here! around 5 minutes.

Archived