Cinderella Receipt?

HeavenOnExhale

I really love this song Cinderella I honest to god think this song defines 00s pop perfection more than anything. If someone asks me what early 00s music sounds like I usually show them this song. I also notice Britney has writing credits for this song too but that could mean anything I mean Brenda Jeanie says it all when it comes to Brit's writing credits.  :tiffcackle:

I always heard she hated this song but never got an actual receipt on that? Did she actually say she hated this song or is this just speculated? and if so why do you guys think so? I would love to know what people think of it? 

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fake writing credits on BJ are Will.I.Am and RCA's doing as a form of damage control when they decided to revamp the album but had to still make it seem personal. Her writing credits before and after are legit.....many writers pre-BJ commented on how she never demanded credits if she didn't actually write anything. 

I never heard of her hating the song, the only song I remember there being a rumor about her hating was Sometimes! 

1 hour ago, HeavenOnExhale said:

I really love this song Cinderella I honest to god think this song defines 00s pop perfection more than anything. If someone asks me what early 00s music sounds like I usually show them this song. I also notice Britney has writing credits for this song too but that could mean anything I mean Brenda Jeanie says it all when it comes to Brit's writing credits.  :tiffcackle:

I always heard she hated this song but never got an actual receipt on that? Did she actually say she hated this song or is this just speculated? and if so why do you guys think so? I would love to know what people think of it? 

it was bombastic love if i'm not mistaken on that crossroad diary book or whatever 

Her label needed something to market BJ, so they said it was her most personal album and faked the writing credits to make it seem like she wrote all the songs (she probably wrote a couple of songs, not more). But her previous albums' writing credits are all legit, she even mentionned she wrote all the songs for Britney except 2 in a documentary/ interview I think. 

That's BS! There's no proof enough to claim that B never wrote BJ's songs. I mean, look at Beyoncé and lots of people saying she indeed get some credits when there's nothing she wrote. Show me just one person saying that B stole those credits and I promise I will shut the **** up. 

;)

2 hours ago, Brian I said:

That's BS! There's no proof enough to claim that B never wrote BJ's songs. I mean, look at Beyoncé and lots of people saying she indeed get some credits when there's nothing she wrote. Show me just one person saying that B stole those credits and I promise I will shut the **** up. 

;)

Britney is credited as the lead writer on all tracks on BJ.  We have the demo versions of Tik Tik Boom, and Passenger, and they have little to no lyrical changes. Sia came out and said the song was finished by the time Britney's team got it. Danny from the Script said he wrote the song while drunk. Myah marie is the vocalist on body ache...

Interestingly enough, on the booklet for the Japanese release of BJ, she's left off writing credits that she has on the american one. 

Also, the lyrics sound like nothing britney wrote before or after BJ. BJ is nothing but generic, vague cliches that anyone could write.

51 minutes ago, ICouldntThinkOfOne said:

Britney is credited as the lead writer on all tracks on BJ.  We have the demo versions of Tik Tik Boom, and Passenger, and they have little to no lyrical changes. Sia came out and said the song was finished by the time Britney's team got it. Danny from the Script said he wrote the song while drunk. Myah marie is the vocalist on body ache...

Interestingly enough, on the booklet for the Japanese release of BJ, she's left off writing credits that she has on the american one. 

Also, the lyrics sound like nothing britney wrote before or after BJ. BJ is nothing but generic, vague cliches that anyone could write.

wheres the tik tik boom demo? :calculating:

I think it was Boombastic Love that she didn't like. 

Cinderella is amazing...it would have smashed if it was on the Oops album. I mean, I remember listening to "Britney" with a friend of mine (who is African and likes mainly and only rap) and he thought it was amazing too. Anywayy I thought wow this song is sooo dreamy and I can picture Britney looking beautiful in the video, like a runaway princess in the middle of the night type vibes ...but I also knew it wouldn't happen because it was 2002 and the music industry was in a "serious artist" phase where you had to play an instrument or something to be accepted, or be in hip hop. It was all rock, hip hop or you had to be strumming a guitar. 

But yeah, easily one of her best songs ever.

14 hours ago, Margaery said:

Her label needed something to market BJ, so they said it was her most personal album and faked the writing credits to make it seem like she wrote all the songs (she probably wrote a couple of songs, not more). But her previous albums' writing credits are all legit, she even mentionned she wrote all the songs for Britney except 2 in a documentary/ interview I think. 

I believe she actually wrote Don'y Cry, Hold On Tight, some parts of Perfume, WB, and it was confirmed by Sia's manager that she wrote BMS. Songs that are maybes for me are Alien and Chillin With You.......other than those I don't think she wrote any of the other songs! 

Archived