Break The Ice Is My Favorite Music Video, And ******* Will Deal

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

The video is a sequel to Toxic. Which is a song about being addicted to a man who is no good for you, yet its video is about her hunting down poison in order to kill some random dude (who is never shown in the actual video to be her boyfriend, we only know he is because of her explaining it constantly back then). And it's also part of the "Joseph Kahn storyline" despite not being directed by Kahn (Britney wanted BTI as a sequel to Toxic). Womanizer has Britney roleplaying with her boyfriend throughout the day and then killing him (those disguises were so not actual disguises, the chaffeur one is literally her with sunglasses on, she doesn't even change hair color no way in hell did he not know she wasn't his girlfriend, but she assumed he was cheating on her... with HER), despite the song being about a serial cheater. Perfume was supposed to be about her being an ASSASSIN and sacrificing herself so her boyfriend could survive and move on with some other *****. Where is the love triangle/insecurity/cheating aspects?

The only video in the "Joseph Kahn storyline" that is even remotely accurate to its song is Stronger, and Stronger is about breaking up with a possessive boyfriend (I'm not your property as from today) while the video has her dump a cheater instead. :lessons:

So don't come for BTI making no sense, when HALF of Britney's videos make no ******* sense. At least Break The Ice's clone plot was her throwing shade at all her clones in the industry (Jessica Simpson, Xtuna, the Pussycat Dolls, etc.)

Meh, I always though BTI was just a lazy animation made because they couldn't bother with a real video but you proved me wrong you ***** *******. :cigney: Some good points you got there! :saycheese:

I have always thought it would have been really cool if they made a second version of the video interlaced with scenes of Britney by herself in a theater watching it and interacting with it, along with a couple shots of her miming the words. When the decision to make the video an animated one, it was definitely the right one - Britney clearly wasn't in a good place to film. But by the time the video was released, Britney had already filmed (or was about to film) her scenes for How I Met Your Mother, so she would've been in a good enough state to do a couple minimalistic scenes as well. 

Archived