Break The Ice Is My Favorite Music Video, And ******* Will Deal

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure ppl can appreciate it for what it is now, but at the time were you as stoked on it???? cause I feel like back then it was obvious that by releasing that it was a way to get out of filming a music video cause she was so unwell at the time. and everyone knew it. she was a music video queen....and then didn't star in her own music video. 

2 hours ago, "I always sing live!" said:

The song's great, the video is a mess, it makes literally no sense, Break the Ice is about, you'll be surprised :quirkney:, "breaking the ice", it's literally just another *** song (which is fine, I love it) but the video is about some cloning center and mob gangs. :calculating:

It makes sense if you know about 'Mona Lisa' though. So i wouldn't call it a 'mess' just not a good decision if you're aiming the GP (since most of them don't even know about Mona Lisa).

tumblr_nux17qFmpf1u64acao1_400.gif

3 hours ago, ohoney said:

It makes sense if you know about 'Mona Lisa' though. So i wouldn't call it a 'mess' just not a good decision if you're aiming the GP (since most of them don't even know about Mona Lisa).

tumblr_nux17qFmpf1u64acao1_400.gif

It makes sense in cotext of "Mona Lisa's" subject matter, not in "Break the Ice's", bad song choice for a video like that! :girlwhat:

17 hours ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

The attitude, the plot, the outfit, the stunts, the COLORS.:mattafact: Y'all are just pressed that she wasn't physically in it, as if she's the only singer who's ever done that. :byebitch: Never mind the fact that the video was 100% her idea, AND she was too busy recovering from her downward spiral in a hospital at the time. :reductive: 

But Break The Ice slays, and if it was in live action, all you hoes would be crawling all over each other claiming it as Toxic 2.0, which it already is. :whitney: DEAL WITH IT. :lessons: 

I'm a huge anime fan and my ****, wig, weaves were snatched, flipped, lost and whatnot else when it came out. :scalped: I troll my other anime friends with "Britney invented anime", their tears are delicious :tongueney::roflney:

I honestly want another anime video I think it's perfect with their "2 singles per album" policy, this way they can release a third single with zero effort, just pay somebody to do it :mattafact:

3 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

I like the video and the concept but I wished it was filmed in live action. I really want a video where Britney does some *** kicking.

We were supposed to get it in Perfume. It just didn't work. :beynah: 

6 hours ago, BattleBoy said:

I'm a huge anime fan and my ****, wig, weaves were snatched, flipped, lost and whatnot else when it came out. :scalped: I troll my other anime friends with "Britney invented anime", their tears are delicious :tongueney::roflney:

I honestly want another anime video I think it's perfect with their "2 singles per album" policy, this way they can release a third single with zero effort, just pay somebody to do it :mattafact:

i NEED her to do it again tbh

• Super Mods
11 minutes ago, BrittonJeanSpears said:

We were supposed to get it in Perfume. It just didn't work. :beynah: 

Yeah but I understand why they had to cut it, I mean it was during the time of the university shooting and it didn't help that she was wearing the schools sweatshirt and holding a gun. I know the media is being dramatic but it was a sensitive time. Besides, I want an actual fight where she's beating up bad guys with an angry or upbeat song not a ballad.

3 hours ago, puppylo16 said:

Yeah but I understand why they had to cut it, I mean it was during the time of the university shooting and it didn't help that she was wearing the schools sweatshirt and holding a gun. I know the media is being dramatic but it was a sensitive time. Besides, I want an actual fight where she's beating up bad guys with an angry or upbeat song not a ballad.

To be fair, the sweatshirt was worn between takes. Also, they filmed everything, and the media backlash didn't even become apparent until after the original video had been scrapped.

Guest Edge Of Clockin' You
16 hours ago, Shadow. said:

I think ive watched it in full once :tiffcackle:

I have never, not even when I first found out about Britney and went on full mode obssesed with her.

I hope the OP is trolling:shameless:

17 hours ago, "I always sing live!" said:

The song's great, the video is a mess, it makes literally no sense, Break the Ice is about, you'll be surprised :quirkney:, "breaking the ice", it's literally just another *** song (which is fine, I love it) but the video is about some cloning center and mob gangs. :calculating:

The video is a sequel to Toxic. Which is a song about being addicted to a man who is no good for you, yet its video is about her hunting down poison in order to kill some random dude (who is never shown in the actual video to be her boyfriend, we only know he is because of her explaining it constantly back then). And it's also part of the "Joseph Kahn storyline" despite not being directed by Kahn (Britney wanted BTI as a sequel to Toxic). Womanizer has Britney roleplaying with her boyfriend throughout the day and then killing him (those disguises were so not actual disguises, the chaffeur one is literally her with sunglasses on, she doesn't even change hair color no way in hell did he not know she wasn't his girlfriend, but she assumed he was cheating on her... with HER), despite the song being about a serial cheater. Perfume was supposed to be about her being an ASSASSIN and sacrificing herself so her boyfriend could survive and move on with some other *****. Where is the love triangle/insecurity/cheating aspects?

The only video in the "Joseph Kahn storyline" that is even remotely accurate to its song is Stronger, and Stronger is about breaking up with a possessive boyfriend (I'm not your property as from today) while the video has her dump a cheater instead. :lessons:

So don't come for BTI making no sense, when HALF of Britney's videos make no ******* sense. At least Break The Ice's clone plot was her throwing shade at all her clones in the industry (Jessica Simpson, Xtuna, the Pussycat Dolls, etc.)

Archived