If Drake Is The Answer, You're Asking The Wrong Question

17 hours ago, Godney's Sweet *** said:

Drake is generic and awful.

LOL he has 20 top 10 songs on the BB Hot 100 since 2009. In that same time Britney's had 6. We could only be so lucky for Britney to work with Drake - he would probably make it a big hit.

He's had 156 songs chart on the BB Hot 100 in 8 years. Pretty sure the GP doesn't think he's generic and awful lol. To compare, Britney's had 36 songs chart since 1998... So compare Drake's 156 songs to Britney's 15 songs that charted since 2009 lol. :snapney:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

Agree about the part of Britney collaborating with current artists that are "hot" right now.

I disagree with the part about Max Martin :girlwhat:. As an eager supporter of another Britney + Max collaboration, I can tell you it's not because of what he's doing recently with other artists, which I really haven't checked out, some people say he's becoming generic and stuff. I don't care about that, I care about his history with Britney Spears, and I know they'll do something amazing the day they decide to work together again.

And btw, coincidence or not, these two "floppy eras" have something in common, which is the absence of Max Martin.  :lemmetellu: So perhaps that's the change she needs. She's had enough experiments, time to go back to her origins. :lessons:

ITZ and Blackout were Max free, and those two albums are the mold of what she should be aiming musically. She's not out there for blood, so a guaranteed hit is not a priority. 

So no Max. Yes eexperimentation. 

But yeah, I get your opinion and I know you don't like ITZ and Blackout so yeah this was kinda pointless. It would be cool, but personally I'm not into him.

47 minutes ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

LOL he has 20 top 10 songs on the BB Hot 100 since 2009. In that same time Britney's had 6. We could only be so lucky for Britney to work with Drake - he would probably make it a big hit.

He's had 156 songs chart on the BB Hot 100 in 8 years. Pretty sure the GP doesn't think he's generic and awful lol. To compare, Britney's had 36 songs chart since 1998... So compare Drake's 156 songs to Britney's 15 songs that charted since 2009 lol. :snapney:

But the GP is eating up Despacito and that's the worst #1 ever.

11 minutes ago, Applejack said:

But the GP is eating up Despacito and that's the worst #1 ever.

That's your opinion. And Britney needs a hit.

13 minutes ago, Applejack said:

ITZ and Blackout were Max free, and those two albums are the mold of what she should be aiming musically. She's not out there for blood, so a guaranteed hit is not a priority. 

But yeah, I get your opinion and I know you don't like ITZ and Blackout so yeah this was kinda pointless. It would be cool, but personally I'm not into him.

That's what Glory was and there are no hits on it.

3 hours ago, BOBIBCFBG said:

That's your opinion. And Britney needs a hit.

That's what Glory was and there are no hits on it.

Exactly. And I love Glory. It was a right step in every direction and it showed me the BJ days were in the past.

Still, Glory was still sonically way in tune with what's on the radio. People weren't complaining she was inspired by Selena Gomez? 

I say, keep on experimenting and keep on getting better and trimming the sharp edges. If she finds something special again by reinventing herself, I'm sure the #1 will come - whether the song is or not meant to be a hit. If not, we'll still have good music.

That's how I feel tho.

Guest Diamond Horse
22 hours ago, Godney's Sweet *** said:

Da *** is wrong with you? :bichpls:

Have some respect for yourself :lemmetellu:

Learn to love your ears, not punish them with basic-ness :staysalty:

Go listen to In The Zone and teach yourself what quality music sounds like, then never listen to Drake again and your taste might just be redeemable :kisses: 

I so SCREAMINGLY agree with this and with this thread.

And enough of anything super generic. Britney can do better than Dr Luke and others on the same list.

11 hours ago, Applejack said:

I do like ITZ :girlwhat: but I don't think she can repeat that sound. And the same with Blackout. And the same with Oops, etc.

But comparing, to say something, the latest songs she did with Bloodshy & Avant post-ITZ, or the songs she did with Danja post-Blackout, and the songs she did with Max Martin post-Oops / Britney, the songs with Max Martin are the ones that have shown a progress throughout the years, managing to have that hit factor, without being replicas of BOMT. FF is totally different from her early albums. So I'm sure by now they can come up with something different from BOMT/OIDIA, and also different than FF.

Yeah, I'm always here for new sounds, but she already tried with Britney Jean and will.i.am. She tried with Pretty Girls and Tom's Diner. She tried once more with Glory. It's been two albums already, almost six years of no huge singles. It's about time she stops playing and bring back the hits. Hits might not be her priority, but we do need them, because without them we'll keep getting these two singles per album that have started to become a tradition. At least I, as a fan, want the biggest amount of singles/videos per era, because I think most of her songs are amazing, and because I literally live for that. I would've easily released 5 singles off BJ and maybe 7 singles off Glory, but they give up at the first song that flops. With those "guaranteed hits" they could release them first, and probably they could release the Perfume/Slumber Party/era killer as the third or fourth single. Just being able to release a third single in the next era would be a huge step forward. The rest of the album tracks can be as experimenting as she wants, in the end we all know those songs are never performed nor released as singles, as it's been since forever, but we do need at least a couple of instant hits, to have more of Britney, and the expert in that is Max Martin.

I mean, she hasn't looked this good in almost a decade, and it's crime she's not releasing music videos that capture her beauty. I wonder if she'll manage to keep this hot by the time they release B10's lead single, which could be still years to come. :overwhelm:

20 hours ago, PokemonSpears said:

Agree about the part of Britney collaborating with current artists that are "hot" right now.

I disagree with the part about Max Martin :girlwhat:. As an eager supporter of another Britney + Max collaboration, I can tell you it's not because of what he's doing recently with other artists, which I really haven't checked out, some people say he's becoming generic and stuff. I don't care about that, I care about his history with Britney Spears, and I know they'll do something amazing the day they decide to work together again.

And btw, coincidence or not, these two "floppy eras" have something in common, which is the absence of Max Martin.  :lemmetellu: So perhaps that's the change she needs. She's had enough experiments, time to go back to her origins. :lessons:

I'd love another Max Martin collaboration but the difference is that the album is not the priority, she's releasing music just because (I cant find the reason why), to be entertained, to stay busy for a while, to express something but I'm sure she hasnt done it because she wants to reach top 10# spots. 

Differences:

-no promotion plan, maybe BJ could have been mentioned on the 2013 documentary but the only pure album promo was the "listening party" and it only included some few people, it's not like it was aired or something. 

-lack of singles, only 1 out of 4 stands out (WB) and the rest are just Ok videos. 2 singles for each era is just, depressing if we consider both albums (even when some bash BJ) did have great tracks to be singles. 

-NO TOUR! The last successful era had its own tour and her worst eras didnt. Is it a coincidence? Even when the asian tour just started Glory started selling some copies there. When singers go to countries on a world tour media talks about them, it's free promotion + interviews + radio rotation + people know about them, a world tour does more than just selling tickets. 

...but yeah, Britney and Max made my most favorite Britney songs, Crazy, Overprotected, Hold it against me, etc. The perfect lead single for B10 would be:

a Max Martin track with a video directed by Joseph Khan or Jonas Akerlund released in the fall (cause it's my birthday :quirkney: ) including a classic Britney choreography :lessons:

Archived