If Drake Is The Answer, You're Asking The Wrong Question

Twice today on this forum I've seen Exhalers saying Britney should've/should collaborate with Drake. 

Yes, he's everywhere, but so is Chlamydia and that doesn't make him or it any good. 

Drake is generic and awful. I don't want Britney demeaning herself by working with him.  

Enough of this desperate stuff, "She should work with Max Martin/Drake/Taylor Swift for hits!"

Britney is best when she goes solo and when she has a great song/music video. After 2 floppy eras, I have to believe she'll come back stronger next time round. Have faith in Godney and stop looking for other people's success to rub off on her, she's still the biggest artist in the world in my heart :plzney:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Godney's Sweet *** said:

Twice today on this forum I've seen Exhalers saying Britney should've/should collaborate with Drake. 

Yes, he's everywhere, but so is Chlamydia and that doesn't make him or it any good. 

Drake is generic and awful. I don't want Britney demeaning herself by working with him.  

Enough of this desperate stuff, "She should work with Max Martin/Drake/Taylor Swift for hits!"

Britney is best when she goes solo and when she has a great song/music video. After 2 floppy eras, I have to believe she'll come back stronger next time round. Have faith in Godney and stop looking for other people's success to rub off on her, she's still the biggest artist in the world in my heart :plzney:

WHO THE FU CK SAID THIS

giphy.gif

Guest Edge Of Clockin' You

I cringe when I see fans begging for Calvin Harris/Dj Khaled feats, that screams desperate. A song with Drake would expose her to different people and would be a hit but she has the ability to get hits on her own if she wants to.

1 minute ago, Michaelgiftos said:

I kinda like drake tho:wtfdidusay:

Da *** is wrong with you? :bichpls:

Have some respect for yourself :lemmetellu:

Learn to love your ears, not punish them with basic-ness :staysalty:

Go listen to In The Zone and teach yourself what quality music sounds like, then never listen to Drake again and your taste might just be redeemable :kisses: 

She needs to collab with quality! Look at Emancipation, Confessions, Believe, etc. All were amazing comebacks yet they weren't generic crap like Drake. She needs a song like Hung Up or WBT. She needs quality! She needs to be innovative! She needs a new Toxic (don't missunderstand this by "she needs a cheap ripoff of Toxic with Drake!"). :flawlessbye:

No offense but Drake is the type of artist Britney deserves to collaborate with.

Legends don't just work with random acts. Look at Madonna's discography: she's worked with Britney, Justin Timberlake, Nas, Nicki Minaj, Chance the Rapper, Kanye West, Lil Wayne... people on HER LEVEL in CULTURE and SUCCESS and RESPECT/ACCLAIM. You're not gonna see Madonna f/ ******* G-Easy or Iggy Azalea or Sabi and Tinashe.

I don't think people are necessarily desperate for Britney to collaborate with Drake or Calvin, etc but if she IS GOING TO CONTINUE TO COLLABORATE, those ARE the types of people Queen should be recording with. It has nothing to do with being thirsty for a hit; it's about her legacy and her clout as a pop musician. S&M Remix and Till the World Ends Remix (Rihanna, Nicki, Ke$ha) are the closest we've ever gotten to an exciting collab/interaction with other industry heavyweights other than Me Against the Music. And they were remixes, not even new songs. 

34 minutes ago, Godney's Sweet *** said:

Da *** is wrong with you? :bichpls:

Have some respect for yourself :lemmetellu:

Learn to love your ears, not punish them with basic-ness :staysalty:

Go listen to In The Zone and teach yourself what quality music sounds like, then never listen to Drake again and your taste might just be redeemable :kisses: 

He's like a guilty pleasure. I love hip hop music and it gets me dancing in the Club. It's no where near as good as ITZ or any of Britney's music but I still like it. 

3 minutes ago, ITZFFGL said:

No offense but Drake is the type of artist Britney deserves to collaborate with.

Legends don't just work with random acts. Look at Madonna's discography: she's worked with Britney, Justin Timberlake, Nas, Nicki Minaj, Chance the Rapper, Kanye West, Lil Wayne... people on HER LEVEL in CULTURE and SUCCESS and RESPECT/ACCLAIM. You're not gonna see Madonna f/ ******* G-Easy or Iggy Azalea or Sabi and Tinashe.

I don't think people are necessarily desperate for Britney to collaborate with Drake or Calvin, etc but if she IS GOING TO CONTINUE TO COLLABORATE, those ARE the types of people Queen should be recording with. It has nothing to do with being thirsty for a hit; it's about her legacy and her clout as a pop musician. S&M Remix and Till the World Ends Remix (Rihanna, Nicki, Ke$ha) are the closest we've ever gotten to an exciting collab/interaction with other industry heavyweights other than Me Against the Music. And they were remixes, not even new songs. 

This. Same with Janet her last two collabs were with J. Cole and Missy Elliott 2 big hip hop names. Collabs with Sabi, Will.I.Am, and Iggy need to stop. 

53 minutes ago, Godney's Sweet *** said:

oh my god i wanna marry you this cracked me up so hard and its true too :gloria: 

8 minutes ago, Pedro Dantas said:

People here are comparing Drake to people like Missy Eliott, Kanye West and J. Cole. The guy gets hits but let's not compare. :wtf:

Drake is the biggest rapper to debut since Kanye. He is a streaming force and will easily become one of the defining rappers of the 2010s, along with Kendrick. He has literally molded an entire sub genre of hip hop. I have no idea how you can seriously insinuate that Drake does not compare to the people you listed? Yes he gets hits, but he's also a genuinely accomplished, acclaimed and versatile rapper, both mainstream and underground.

I'm more concerned with Britney staying in this safe lane she's been in since Circus. I'd like for her to keep branching out. Work with acclaimed pop producers.

Hit up Stuart Price or Mirwais Ahmandazi. Is Mark Taylor still active? See if Danja has anything good left. Pharrell is still alive Britney...

Archived