Question about the few seconds Britney's mic is actually on

So I think by majority we all agree that her mic is turned off when she's 'singing' and it is playback... I was wondering, for the few parts that she does talk live to the audience.. is it someone's sole job to switch the microphone on and then to turn it back off? Imagine going "my job is to turn Britney's mic on and then switch it off when she is meant to be singing"... or do you think her mic is always on and she is just miming the words to the song? Has there ever been a time they have forgotten to turn it on?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, RafaelSpears said:

Don't you guys know there's an on/off button on every microphone in the world? :ponderney:  She can switch it on/off by herself lol :nicki2:

If this is true.. wouldn't we see videos of her quickly switching it on and then switching it off? She uses a headpiece, so do we have any footage of her turning it on before/after a song? 

Yeah I do think they at least turn it up for the few times she's gonna talk. Bc there have been a few times in her career where the mic was supposed to be up or on for her to talk and it wasn't so you heard nothing and it took them a second to get it right.

IF you had asked this 10/15 years ago, I would say her mic is almost always on and she sings along/mimes when she doesn't want to, which is why we got a lot of "Whoo's"  and random moans and groans. Where now she may be singing live some of the time thinking her mic is on (it is actually hard to hear what exactly coming out of the speakers when you're on stage). She probably perfers to have it off most the time, and the sound guy knows that,  and knows what points to turn it on, which he should do during instrumental breaks in the song (I'm hoping for a "Merry Christmas" during Do Somethin' this Christmas time #iconic #hilarious)  that would at least give the illusion it was live, along with needed pre-recorded tracks. 

I've done sound for many shows. Even without the performers que every show, you pick up on the patterns (usually during rehearsal) when the mic needs to be on and off to avoid extra noise and/or breathing

2 hours ago, britneyausfan said:

If this is true.. wouldn't we see videos of her quickly switching it on and then switching it off? She uses a headpiece, so do we have any footage of her turning it on before/after a song? 

she can turn it off and on from the pack but that's too much work and it's inconvenient 

if you notice, everything she's gonna say something she grabs the headset and that's the signal for the sound guys to know to turn it on

giphy.gif

Nah, someone turns it on and off during the entire show. We can't hear her breathing and I think it is impossible to mimic all the time without doing it out loud at least once. Her show is 100% scripted, there isn't a single improvised part (except for a few times) so they know when she's going to talk.

8 hours ago, mauureee said:

she always touches her ear or the mic when she's gonna talk, maybe it's her sign to turn it on. or it has a button that turns it on by herself :ponderney:

5 hours ago, Dark.Knight said:

she can turn it off and on from the pack but that's too much work and it's inconvenient 

if you notice, everything she's gonna say something she grabs the headset and that's the signal for the sound guys to know to turn it on

giphy.gif

I think there is a small on/off thing where she touches her mic whenever she is going to talk/sing... :quirkney:

Archived