Question about the few seconds Britney's mic is actually on

1 hour ago, SchatarSapphira said:

Haha, I don't really think she cares that we see her. I'm too lazy to search, but there were a couple of videos (one of them surely for Slumber Party) where she is in front of the audience and her vocals are on (not even close to Tinashe's part...so no, she didn't mess up) and she didn't even bother to mime. She was soooo over it. :shameless:

Britney is AWARE her mic is off,

team B is AWARE we know about the lipping (the lie during those interviews were for the General public), 

Britney is also wellll AWARE that her fans know about the lip-syncing. That's why she never even tries. She just doesn't give a flying **** about it :queenflopga: 

ı know she doesn't care if we see her or not but although she doesn't move her mouth even when she is not behind something at least she doesn't talk to her dancers or ı've never seen something like this.and when she stops lipping standing close to the audience, it lasts like one or two seconds but there is a video of ıwg in which she stops lipping until she comes out of behind the mirror and behind matm walls she sometimes stops lipping for longer than she does the other times.

still, they are so stupid, gp can still understand she doesn't sing, it is too obvious, they are just embarrassing themselves.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, pablitonizer said:

In the past she used to turn it on herself ( there is a digital button in the mic) that's why she was more interactive with the audience

Now there's a sound guy that does the job and sometimes he forgets to turn it on... what a mess :meltdown::meltdown::meltdown::meltdown::meltdown::meltdown::meltdown:

To be fair she's pretty interactive in Vegas compared to FFT and Circus. She talks quite a few times and usually has some new spin on things. She actually touches the freakshow person and touches fans hands in the rows sometimes.  There has been lots of cute outbursts and off script moments.

In Circus sure she had 'Merry Christmas' and 'Don't smoke weed' but that was few and far between. She didn't talk until 10 songs in and then only spoke again during Do Something and the end. She had 2 or 3 dates she 'wooed' during Toxic and that was it. I think we look back with rose tinted glasses.

19 hours ago, RafaelSpears said:

Don't you guys know there's an on/off button on every microphone in the world? :ponderney:  She can switch it on/off by herself lol :nicki2:

This. That's how she sang Everytime a few times live in 2009, she turned her mic on when she felt like it lol. Same with Sound Off.

• Super Mods

I think a sound person that worked for Britney talked about it and that she uses a customized headset that turns on and off when the mic is away from her and close which is why she is always seen adjusting it. I mean it explains why she has been using the same headset throughout her career.

Ugh, it's annoying...if she sang over the or under the track the performances would be more dynamic, without cute outfits/ hair and makeup, and messy choreography everything is obvious. Whereas if she sang a bit and interacted a bit more, it would seem like the show was more relaxed and less scripted. I really hope she just fking turns it on, like she won't sound bad... I miss her singing :(

4 hours ago, pablitonizer said:

In the past she used to turn it on herself ( there is a digital button in the mic) that's why she was more interactive with the audience

Now there's a sound guy that does the job and sometimes he forgets to turn it on... what a mess :meltdown::meltdown::meltdown::meltdown::meltdown::meltdown::meltdown:

'You had one job..' :jackk:

my gawd... it's so embarrassing when she wanted that one day talk during CRAZY break and couldn't, cause her mic was turned off :overwhelm:

2 hours ago, danny1994 said:

This. That's how she sang Everytime a few times live in 2009, she turned her mic on when she felt like it lol. Same with Sound Off.

I think there was literally one date when sound off was live... and it sounded really good... I cant comprehend why she was so afraid of  talking live :overwhelm:

Just now, Poe Dameron said:

I think there was literally one date when sound off was live... and it sounded really good... I cant comprehend why she was so afraid of  talking live :overwhelm:

Simon Ellis, the musical director of both the circus and ff tour did release some remixes and i asked him about sound off and you oughta know. He replied that no studio versions excist of both as they were entirely live. I do believe that cause he released some of the remixes so it would make no sense to lie about it...

18 minutes ago, It'sSamB!tch said:

Simon Ellis, the musical director of both the circus and ff tour did release some remixes and i asked him about sound off and you oughta know. He replied that no studio versions excist of both as they were entirely live. I do believe that cause he released some of the remixes so it would make no sense to lie about it...

'You oughtta know' I can believe was live but sound off was ALWAYS lipped.. minus that one time when she actually said it herself... there are even videos where she chews bubble gum instead of saying 'now give me 10' :jackk:

On 5/8/2017 at 5:55 PM, britneyausfan said:

So I think by majority we all agree that her mic is turned off when she's 'singing' and it is playback... I was wondering, for the few parts that she does talk live to the audience.. is it someone's sole job to switch the microphone on and then to turn it back off? Imagine going "my job is to turn Britney's mic on and then switch it off when she is meant to be singing"... or do you think her mic is always on and she is just miming the words to the song? Has there ever been a time they have forgotten to turn it on?

I dont't have a video but I know there was one night or two where they didn't turn her mic on when it was time for her to address the audience.

Guest Arckangel

And there's that night when her mic pack literally flew off her back during 'Stronger'... Now, THAT was bad. lol

hqdefault.jpg

And that night when she was late in singing the second verse of 'Alien':

Guest Arckangel

Seriously, I think the only way to get her to sing live is for all the fans and the general public to stop going to her concerts altogether and tell her management and record label to have her actually sing into a live mic. There could be a backing track, but she'd need to be much louder than the track—more often than not! 

If attendance drastically dropped, she'd have no choice but start singing live or quit performing in concerts, which could mean the end of her recording career as well since releasing records and music videos alone may not be enough money-wise.

Archived