Considering how much people love Despacito She should just release CYM

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Mantequilla said:

That is true, but she's been following trends for a while. The problem is that she's following the wrong trends. 

I don't agree with this completely...BJ followed the wrong trends. Glory followed the right ones at the wrong time. Love Me Down is the future, if she'd have released that she'd be starting something 

8 minutes ago, DownAndUp said:

I don't agree with this completely...BJ followed the wrong trends. Glory followed the right ones at the wrong time. Love Me Down is the future, if she'd have released that she'd be starting something 

In what way is Love Me Down the future? It sounds like it came from Pretty World.

Despacito is absolute garbage tbh, Justin's name just made it a hit in the US.

Change Your Mind is an absolute BOP of a track - I just think the verses and the bridge are a little slow for radio.. They would need a slight radio mix and I think its a smash

16 minutes ago, Pedro Dantas said:

In what way is Love Me Down the future? It sounds like it came from Pretty World.

Hardly, to me it's the standout track on the album. 

Btw Love Me Down was the last song recorded for the album, most recent :foh:

5 minutes ago, DownAndUp said:

Hardly, to me it's the standout track on the album. 

Btw Love Me Down was the last song recorded for the album, most recent :foh:

It's the most single-worthy track of the album but it doesn't "wow me". None of the tracks do.

It's the problem with Glory, there's no excellent track, just good ones.

11 minutes ago, Pedro Dantas said:

It's the most single-worthy track of the album but it doesn't "wow me". None of the tracks do.

It's the problem with Glory, there's no excellent track, just good ones.

Tbf Slumber Party slayed me. I was buzzing when they announced it would be a single, I think being on here creates a negative mind because now I skip it. 

20 hours ago, BoyToySoldier said:

Um, the original version is already a WW hit. The JB version is aimed for the US Pop market.

Thank you for informing the misinformed lessers.

Who in here actually listens to spanish music or is Hispanic/latin to begin with ?? Sit your *** down if you think Despacito is a flop just cause Bieber is on it. The song is a smash. If you don't know anything about Spanish music, please stay in your corners :sofedup:

Spanish/Latin markets are oversaturated with the trashy reggae-ton one trick pony music and it's all one big pile of trash/****. Spanish GP eat it all up tho.

Their music always has the same ******* beat, a featuring rapper, a basic 4 chord progression, a video of a hot young lady/mama craving for some loving or a macho that's been going to the gym for a year doing basic armography (come my love I need you tonight because you beautiful) in a sleeveless shirt, all of that filmed with a dirt-cheap production/budget.

Despacito is the prime example of all of this.

On topic: I find CYM more refreshing, but I do believe it's bound to flop

19 hours ago, ChrisTheLoner said:

Did it become a hit before or after adding JB to the song though? I honestly don't know who they are and they're pretty irrelevant to me.

Whatever the case I hope they enjoy that quick little hit because it's probably gonna be the only hit in major markets they'll ever have since they had to be so desperate to get JB on it. In fact I feel like a lot of artists nowadays are desperate for a hit and so the put someone who is currently big on it just so they can have a hit in major countries. It just screams desperate and "look at me I'm featuring an artist that's huge so my song doesn't flop". The same case with that new DJ khaled song basically since he put JB on his song too. Now mind you I'm not hating on these artists in any way, shape or form I'm basically just sharing my point of view on them featuring a bigger artist.

I honestly sometimes wished Britney did this, featured a bigger artist to get a hit to make her relevancy grow. In a way I sort of envy these artists and how they have smart marketing teams and good management compared to Britney's horrible team.

Sis I don't listen to Latin music but ik the artists of despacito are huge artists in Latin music and have been huge since before Bieber. You sound presst 

2 hours ago, DownAndUp said:

Tbf Slumber Party slayed me. I was buzzing when they announced it would be a single, I think being on here creates a negative mind because now I skip it. 

HAHAHAHA EXHELL'S AURA.

At first I hate Slumber Party but now it's the song I most like and the missed smash 

21 hours ago, BritneyOfficial said:

Why not what could it possibly hurt lol

I agree with you wholeheartedly!!! But we all know that won't happen... She should have released it before Despacito, it was exactly what was missing in the music scene... But now it would be too late and people are going to say she's desperate.

16 hours ago, BritneyLover said:

Oh my god.... Poor you american guys that think the world is just the united states. Nobody cares what you think is known or relevant, facts talk for their own and let me tell you Luis fonsi has been making hits for decades even if you in the us did not know about him.

This same stupid mind is the type of limitedintelligence team britney is using to handle her.

While justin bieber got BeNEFITTEd from being a feauture on Despacito, and getting into a huge market,cause you knoe, there are like 100 countries that talk spanish, center america, south america, europe... 

While maluma and shakira join forces, her relevance and career with  his freshness and peak in his career and take a huge amount of views with their hit togheter..... Britney keeps doing the same

Britney is just targeted to the us market. Even thiugh we love her all around the world, her team is not focusing her career on expanding herm it that was the case, as the OP said the smart move would be to release change your mind, her first spanish spoken song (well..  a phrase) with a remix with a feauture like Maluma.

But no, im sure sabi, iggy and g eazy are the **** all round the world right??? Who cares about them aoutside US or... atlanta??????

My god.....

Exactly. I live in the US and it's pathethic how noth americans think they are the center of the world and the only important market in the world. They don't even know geography.

3 minutes ago, Black_Out said:

She could get so controversial with this song. its redic. Imagine a political video with her hopping a wall into Mexico to seek out her spanish lover, and at the end there could be a message like "one love" :sassybrit:

No one will care unfortunately.. After Slumber Party flopped I lost any hope for a hit (from Glory).. They need to start all over again with a new era 

5 minutes ago, Girl On The Moon said:

Exactly. I live in the US and it's pathethic how noth americans think they are the center of the world and the only important market in the world. They don't even know geography.

Hon, I'm from the Balkan (a shithole one might say), and barely anybody cares about any other music market than the US (or english-speaking ones to be more precise). Yes, some latin singers might reach other parts of the world, but very few do. 

It's not that these people are not relevant within their own reach of people that speak their language, but they are local and booking venue within a country/state that does not at least have a latin minority it'll be a destined cancelled flop  (or as Rihanna would say: Good luck booking that stage you speak of in the first play). You need to deal with that as well.

Just now, CloseMyEyes1457 said:

Hon, I'm from the Balkan (a shithole one might say), and barely anybody cares about any other music market than the US (or english-speaking ones to be more precise). Yes, some latin singers might reach other parts of the world, but very few do. 

It's not that these people are not relevant within their own reach of people that speak their language, but they are local and booking venue within a country/state that does not at least have a latin minority it'll be a destined cancelled flop  (or as Rihanna would say: Good luck booking that stage you speak of in the first play). You need to deal with that as well.

Nah not really. A lot of Latin American artists sell out stadiums and arenas in Europe and the US. Don't speak about what you don't know. I've lived half of my life in Latin America and half of my life in the US. The Latin American music market is growing with a force that cannot be stopped and is now even influencing international markets.

I don't care too much about this to go on and on and on, but you are from Balkan, Balkan has no strength in the music industry (globally speaking). English and Spanish will always dominate the charts, and the Latin American market will only keep growing. 

10 minutes ago, Girl On The Moon said:

Nah not really. A lot of Latin American artists sell out stadiums and arenas in Europe and the US. Don't speak about what you don't know. I've lived half of my life in Latin America and half of my life in the US. The Latin American music market is growing with a force that cannot be stopped and is now even influencing international markets.

I don't care too much about this to go on and on and on, but you are from Balkan, Balkan has no strength in the music industry (globally speaking). English and Spanish will always dominate the charts, and the Latin American market will only keep growing. 

First of all, I mentioned where I live to show you that your music here is irrelevant on this side of the globe, not to show that my music is irrelevant elsewhere, since that is a no-brainer.

Second of all, you've only lived in a

1. Latin speaking country

2. Country where there's a Latin minority of more than 16 percent and 50 million people, so it is more of a - you don't know what is happening outside your bubble. Latin music is not relevant in Europe. Will it change? Sure it can, you guys have one of the biggest populations out there, but right now, I stand by what I said: Latin music is irrelevant in countries where there's no Latin minority. I have been to most countries in Europe, and when it comes to talking music nobody ever mentions listening to this type of music. Day life, night life I've experienced is the following

If you're lucky enough you can hear a 1. Shakira english version song, 2 J Lo english version song 3. Maluma or 4. basic Pitbull feature.

Do not speak about what you don't know. The Latin American music market is growing, but right now it's a fetus that should soon crawl out of its mother's ****** here in Europe.

Archived