Considering how much people love Despacito She should just release CYM

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, CloseMyEyes1457 said:

Spanish/Latin markets are oversaturated with the trashy reggae-ton one trick pony music and it's all one big pile of trash/****. Spanish GP eat it all up tho.

Their music always has the same ******* beat, a featuring rapper, a basic 4 chord progression, a video of a hot young lady/mama craving for some loving or a macho that's been going to the gym for a year doing basic armography (come my love I need you tonight because you beautiful) in a sleeveless shirt, all of that filmed with a dirt-cheap production/budget.

Despacito is the prime example of all of this.

On topic: I find CYM more refreshing, but I do believe it's bound to flop

This is true. I always tell my mom this. There's no variety, whenever she listens to that station I can never tell when a song ends and when the next one starts, it all blends in.

2 hours ago, CloseMyEyes1457 said:

Spanish/Latin markets are oversaturated with the trashy reggae-ton one trick pony music and it's all one big pile of trash/****. Spanish GP eat it all up tho.

Their music always has the same ******* beat, a featuring rapper, a basic 4 chord progression, a video of a hot young lady/mama craving for some loving or a macho that's been going to the gym for a year doing basic armography (come my love I need you tonight because you beautiful) in a sleeveless shirt, all of that filmed with a dirt-cheap production/budget.

Despacito is the prime example of all of this.

On topic: I find CYM more refreshing, but I do believe it's bound to flop

You clearly don't know **** about Spanish music. Just cause REGAETTON, The genre that you are bringing up is popular in latin America doesn't mean the entire market is like that. You clearly never listen to spanish rock or Bachata ect. The ignorance is real with you.

15 hours ago, Jay Holiday said:

You clearly don't know **** about Spanish music. Just cause REGAETTON, The genre that you are bringing up is popular in latin America doesn't mean the entire market is like that. You clearly never listen to spanish rock or Bachata ect. The ignorance is real with you.

Dude, I said Spanish market is oversaturated with THAT kind of music. Never said there's nothing else to listen to or that they don't offer anything else, but that (reggaeton) is like the only music that reaches somewhat of a popularity to ever touch any international ground.  And that sucks: Despacito, Hey Ma and Chantaje and Vente Pa Ca is all one and the same.

Besides, you don't need to offend my knowledge of this music I dislike. I do admit I don't know that many Latino artists. It's because it's so irrelevant over here in Europe (Spain and Portugal obvs excluded). :bgrin:

P.S. I like Fado and find it a quite remarkable genre. I'm not ignorant, I do love to experiment with listening to different genres and types of music, but in this thread we were talking about the tragic song that is Despacito and the songs alike it.

Archived