Considering how much people love Despacito She should just release CYM

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ChrisTheLoner said:

The only reason people even like that "Despacito" song is because it features Justin Bieber. They must have been real desperate for a hit to have to feature JB on it :weusay:

Um, the original version is already a WW hit. The JB version is aimed for the US Pop market.

• Content Curators

The issue with Britney is definitely not her songs because Make Me... and Slumber Party are amazing.

It's just that she's been around for so long and it doesn't appear 'cool' to teenagers to like her.

Look at Lady Gaga and Katy Perry. They're both selling more or less same amount as Britney. Female artists do not have the same longevity like male artists sadly.

17 minutes ago, toy soldier. said:

It was a hit in every country except UK and USA hunty

Did it become a hit before or after adding JB to the song though? I honestly don't know who they are and they're pretty irrelevant to me.

Whatever the case I hope they enjoy that quick little hit because it's probably gonna be the only hit in major markets they'll ever have since they had to be so desperate to get JB on it. In fact I feel like a lot of artists nowadays are desperate for a hit and so the put someone who is currently big on it just so they can have a hit in major countries. It just screams desperate and "look at me I'm featuring an artist that's huge so my song doesn't flop". The same case with that new DJ khaled song basically since he put JB on his song too. Now mind you I'm not hating on these artists in any way, shape or form I'm basically just sharing my point of view on them featuring a bigger artist.

I honestly sometimes wished Britney did this, featured a bigger artist to get a hit to make her relevancy grow. In a way I sort of envy these artists and how they have smart marketing teams and good management compared to Britney's horrible team.

3 minutes ago, BoyToySoldier said:

The original video has over 1B views :gloss:

I'm wondering how basic videos like this one get so many views though? I feel like a reason why is because latin countries rely heavier on streaming than any other country and that's why it has such a huge amount of views. There's the fact too that people might just be watching because the guy in the video is "hot" or "attractive" or because of the attractive women in the video. I just don't get how some artists can go from being nobodies to be known all around the world just like that. Like a snap of a finger or in the blink of an eye and they're big, it just doesn't make any sense to me.

What mind boggles me though is how actual great videos like Slumber Party fail to get as many views. Is it because Britney just isn't relevant anymore to the masses? Or is it just because people are blind or don't have any taste to recognize good music videos or music in general anymore? Things in the music industry really just don't make sense to me at all.

3 minutes ago, ChrisTheLoner said:

I'm wondering how basic videos like this one get so many views though? I feel like a reason why is because latin countries rely heavier on streaming than any other country and that's why it has such a huge amount of views. There's the fact too that people might just be watching because the guy in the video is "hot" or "attractive" or because of the attractive women in the video. I just don't get how some artists can go from being nobodies to be known all around the world just like that. Like a snap of a finger or in the blink of an eye and they're big, it just doesn't make any sense to me.

What mind boggles me though is how actual great videos like Slumber Party fail to get as many views. Is it because Britney just isn't relevant anymore to the masses? Or is it just because people are blind or don't have any taste to recognize good music videos or music in general anymore? Things in the music industry really just don't make sense to me at all.

Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee are not nobodies. They're veterans in the Latin industry. :orangu: 

Just now, ChrisTheLoner said:

oh the 2 dudes in the video have been globally known hugely in the latin market for 10+ years. The non rapper actually opened for Britney on DWAD

0d86a598d511b2e746de16bcd36dab58.jpg

Just now, BoyToySoldier said:

Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee are not nobodies. They're veterans in the Latin industry. :orangu: 

Well they're nobodies to me because I've never heard of them till now after they put JB on their song, sorry not sorry :leaving:

Plus you didn't answer my questions that I asked :coffee:

2 minutes ago, ChrisTheLoner said:

Well they're nobodies to me because I've never heard of them till now after they put JB on their song, sorry not sorry :leaving:

Plus you didn't answer my questions that I asked :coffee:

because the latin market is one of the biggest markets out there

they're nobodies to you but their views say otherwise about the following. and i aint even a fan of neither one of the too but i give credit where it's due

shakira was already huge before crossing over, so combine both markets and that's why she gets all those views. 

Archived