Considering how much people love Despacito She should just release CYM

4 minutes ago, Dark.Knight said:

oh the 2 dudes in the video have been globally known hugely in the latin market for 10+ years. The non rapper actually opened for Britney on DWAD

0d86a598d511b2e746de16bcd36dab58.jpg

Well that's interesting and cool I guess.

I've just never been interested in latin music I guess so idk how I was supposed to know they were big :overitkbye:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Dark.Knight said:

because the latin market is one of the biggest markets out there

they're nobodies to you but their views say otherwise about the following. and i aint even a fan of neither one of the too but i give credit where it's due

shakira was already huge before crossing over, so combine both markets and that's why she gets all those views. 

Thanks for the info sis. That's all I was really asking for was some receipts and you supplied :explainlol:

I guess you can't really discredit someone just because you didn't know them so you do make a great point on giving credit where it's due :)

2 minutes ago, ChrisTheLoner said:

Well they're nobodies to me because I've never heard of them till now after they put JB on their song, sorry not sorry :leaving:

Plus you didn't answer my questions that I asked :coffee:

That's just your own ignorance though. :forkit:

Argentina (Monitor Latino) 1

Australia (ARIA) 10

Austria (Ö3 Austria Top 40) 1

Belgium (Ultratop 50 Flanders) 3

Belgium (Ultratop 50 Wallonia) 2

Bulgaria (IFPI) 1

Canada (Canadian Hot 100) 2

Chile (Monitor Latino) 1

Colombia (National-Report) 1

Croatia (HRT) 1

Czech Republic (Rádio Top 100) 11

Czech Republic (Singles Digitál Top 100) 2

Denmark (Tracklisten) 1

Dominican Republic (Monitor Latino) 2

Ecuador (Monitor Latino) 1

Europe Digital Songs (Billboard) 1

Finland Download (Latauslista) 4

France (SNEP) 1

Germany (Official German Charts) 1

Guatemala (Monitor Latino) 1

Hungary (Single Top 40) 3

Hungary (Dance Top 40) 26

Ireland (IRMA) 1

Italy (FIMI) 1

Luxembourg Digital Songs (Billboard) 1

Mexico (AMPROFON) 1

Mexico Airplay (Billboard) 1

Netherlands (Dutch Top 40) 1

Netherlands (Single Top 100) 1

Norway (VG-lista) 22

Panama (Monitor Latino) 1

Paraguay (Monitor Latino) 1

Peru (Monitor Latino) 1

Poland (Polish Airplay Top 100) 11

Portugal (AFP) 1

Romania Radio Airplay (Media Forest) 3

Romania TV Airplay (Media Forest) 4

Russia Airplay (Tophit) 20

Scotland (Official Charts Company) 5

Slovakia (Rádio Top 100) 8

Slovakia (Singles Digitál Top 100) 1

Slovenia (SloTop50) 28

Spain (PROMUSICAE) 1

Sweden (Sverigetopplistan) 1

Switzerland (Schweizer Hitparade) 1

Switzerland Romandie (Schweizer Hitparade) 1

UK Singles (Official Charts Company) 4

Uruguay (Monitor Latino) 1

US Billboard Hot 100 4

US Hot Latin Songs (Billboard) 1

Venezuela (Record Report) 3

Just now, ChrisTheLoner said:

Thanks for the info sis. That's all I was really asking for was some receipts and you supplied :explainlol:

I guess you can't really discredit someone just because you didn't know them so you do make a great point on giving credit where it's due :)

:myjam:

1 minute ago, BoyToySoldier said:

That's just your own ignorance though. :forkit:

Well everyone can be a bit ignorant or make mistakes sometimes and I made the mistake of thinking they were nobodies. I guess it just goes to show how not knowing an artist can blind your view of them and their success.

16 minutes ago, ChrisTheLoner said:

Well they're nobodies to me because I've never heard of them till now after they put JB on their song, sorry not sorry :leaving:

Plus you didn't answer my questions that I asked :coffee:

The song is huge here in Latin America :weirdmeout:

1 hour ago, BoyToySoldier said:

The original video has over 1B views :gloss:

Seeing a music video like this in a language I don't understand makes me realise how douchey so many male singers are in videos. It makes me cringe tbh. It's the same though with bieber, zane, or well any male singer that wants to come across as attractive and boss

28 minutes ago, December02 said:

Seeing a music video like this in a language I don't understand makes me realise how douchey so many male singers are in videos. It makes me cringe tbh. It's the same though with bieber, zane, or well any male singer that wants to come across as attractive and boss

Typically male sexuality is more aggressive and comes across as more demanding while female sexuality is seen as playful and ****.

I think it would be really interesting if we eventually had a male Britney in the industry. Can you imagine a male pop star with an aesthetic like Slave?

2 hours ago, ChrisTheLoner said:

I'm wondering how basic videos like this one get so many views though? I feel like a reason why is because latin countries rely heavier on streaming than any other country and that's why it has such a huge amount of views. There's the fact too that people might just be watching because the guy in the video is "hot" or "attractive" or because of the attractive women in the video. I just don't get how some artists can go from being nobodies to be known all around the world just like that. Like a snap of a finger or in the blink of an eye and they're big, it just doesn't make any sense to me.

What mind boggles me though is how actual great videos like Slumber Party fail to get as many views. Is it because Britney just isn't relevant anymore to the masses? Or is it just because people are blind or don't have any taste to recognize good music videos or music in general anymore? Things in the music industry really just don't make sense to me at all.

Oh my god.... Poor you american guys that think the world is just the united states. Nobody cares what you think is known or relevant, facts talk for their own and let me tell you Luis fonsi has been making hits for decades even if you in the us did not know about him.

This same stupid mind is the type of limitedintelligence team britney is using to handle her.

While justin bieber got BeNEFITTEd from being a feauture on Despacito, and getting into a huge market,cause you knoe, there are like 100 countries that talk spanish, center america, south america, europe... 

While maluma and shakira join forces, her relevance and career with  his freshness and peak in his career and take a huge amount of views with their hit togheter..... Britney keeps doing the same

Britney is just targeted to the us market. Even thiugh we love her all around the world, her team is not focusing her career on expanding herm it that was the case, as the OP said the smart move would be to release change your mind, her first spanish spoken song (well..  a phrase) with a remix with a feauture like Maluma.

But no, im sure sabi, iggy and g eazy are the **** all round the world right??? Who cares about them aoutside US or... atlanta??????

My god.....

1 hour ago, BritneyLover said:

Oh my god.... Poor you american guys that think the world is just the united states. Nobody cares what you think is known or relevant, facts talk for their own and let me tell you Luis fonsi has been making hits for decades even if you in the us did not know about him.

This same stupid mind is the type of limitedintelligence team britney is using to handle her.

While justin bieber got BeNEFITTEd from being a feauture on Despacito, and getting into a huge market,cause you knoe, there are like 100 countries that talk spanish, center america, south america, europe... 

While maluma and shakira join forces, her relevance and career with  his freshness and peak in his career and take a huge amount of views with their hit togheter..... Britney keeps doing the same

Britney is just targeted to the us market. Even thiugh we love her all around the world, her team is not focusing her career on expanding herm it that was the case, as the OP said the smart move would be to release change your mind, her first spanish spoken song (well..  a phrase) with a remix with a feauture like Maluma.

But no, im sure sabi, iggy and g eazy are the **** all round the world right??? Who cares about them aoutside US or... atlanta??????

My god.....

Oh he's been making hits for has he? Well his discography page on Wikipedia seems to say otherwise, take a look for yourself: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luis_Fonsi_discography#Singles

That doesn't look like hits to me, no it seems he's been making flops for decades to me :shameless:

Plus I'm not american, I'm Canadian and I obviously know that there's more markets than just the US. I don't get how you think Justin was the one that benefited from Despacito when in fact JB is already big Worldwide and rather it is Luis and Daddy Yankee that benefited from Justin since this is Luis's first WW hit.

Anyways yes I know Britney's team is trash and that they need to get their **** together. I mean I think it's a pretty known fact to her entire fanbase. But I feel like her having Maluma as a feature would come off as desperate but hey maybe that's what she needs right now :tiffanynod:

:ponderney: Does anyone at all think it sounds really really similar to Baliando or is that just me? I even listened to them back to back... I know they use similar instruments and all but it literally sounds to me the exact same just different lyrics. :ponderney:Seriously I'm the only one? I was disappointed when I heard it.

1 hour ago, Justney said:

:ponderney: Does anyone at all think it sounds really really similar to Baliando or is that just me? I even listened to them back to back... I know they use similar instruments and all but it literally sounds to me the exact same just different lyrics. :ponderney:Seriously I'm the only one? I was disappointed when I heard it.

I see no similarities whatsoever lol

1 hour ago, ChrisTheLoner said:

Oh he's been making hits for has he? Well his discography page on Wikipedia seems to say otherwise, take a look for yourself: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luis_Fonsi_discography#Singles

That doesn't look like hits to me, no it seems he's been making flops for decades to me :shameless:

Plus I'm not american, I'm Canadian and I obviously know that there's more markets than just the US. I don't get how you think Justin was the one that benefited from Despacito when in fact JB is already big Worldwide and rather it is Luis and Daddy Yankee that benefited from Justin since this is Luis's first WW hit.

Anyways yes I know Britney's team is trash and that they need to get their **** together. I mean I think it's a pretty known fact to her entire fanbase. But I feel like her having Maluma as a feature would come off as desperate but hey maybe that's what she needs right now :tiffanynod:

1. Yes, he's been in the music industry since the 90's but his sinlges were only hits in Mexico and some countries from South America. He hasnt been very constant in making hits but the fact that hes been making music for so long makes him a relevant singer. 

2. Both, JB and him were benefited because the song was already a huuuuge hit in South America and Mexico. It even reached 1B views without JB. So, since they both are big in their respective audiences they benefit one another. Luis Fonsi to English speaking countries and JB (even when he's well known, it gives him more spotlight). 

2 hours ago, ChrisTheLoner said:

i give up 

Guest $elfish

cym is an amazing song much better than despacito i despise that song :letitburn:

47 minutes ago, RAITEI said:

I'm here to say I hate "Despacito" (cheesy trash to me) and that Change Your Mind would flop too extremely hard.

:gobaby:  

Archived