What was your Reaction to Gimme More like?

Canada4286

I started to stalk this site during the Britney Jean era and wanted to know what your reaction was when you guys heard the song for the first time. did you like it? and then what was your reaction when you saw her perform it at the VMAs?

Sorry if this has already been talked about but I only recently saw you guys reaction to WB and MM and all the other first Singles were promo'd really well.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Britneybbhmm said:

I was 11 or 12 years old...I never heard of Breatheheavy.com back then. Literally like >:idkha: I don't know Jordan and his site.

Were you a Stan though? I wasn't didn't really pay much attention to her at the time that's why I like to see peoples reaction

Guest $elfish
3 minutes ago, Canada4286 said:

Awkward.. Changed my title lol

I think it was made after 2007 the earliest thread i could find was from 2008 and it was about Larry being hot or not :weirdmeout: the main site was made in 2004 tho 

I had been visiting BH since like 2005 and remember vividly the hype for Gimme More. We knew the song was coming because of rumors and then it leaked on one of those sites like Perez Hilton or Just Jared; can't remember. I also remember that the leak had the ending of the song cut off so rather than fading it just got cut off.

I also remember Exhale was going crazy over it and at first, people didn't think it was Britney singing because it just sounded so different than anything she had done before. I then remember hearing the song on the radio the next day; local Dallas DJ was playing it on the hour. It was such a good moment!

Just now, GypsyWoman said:

I had been visiting BH since like 2005 and remember vividly the hype for Gimme More. We knew the song was coming because of rumors and then it leaked on one of those sites like Perez Hilton or Just Jared; can't remember. I also remember that the leak had the ending of the song cut off so rather than fading it just got cut off.

I also remember Exhale was going crazy over it and at first, people didn't think it was Britney singing because it just sounded so different than anything she had done before. I then remember hearing the song on the radio the next day; local Dallas DJ was playing it on the hour. It was such a good moment!

Omg that's so cool!:giggleney:

Guest $elfish
2 minutes ago, borogroves said:

yes it did!!!! and was way way way more lively and interesting then!!!!!

Just now, GypsyWoman said:

How can I find those threads I wanna see people's reactions earliest one I could find was from 2008 any links? 

Just now, Blackout in the Glory Zone said:

How can I find those threads I wanna see people's reactions earliest one I could find was from 2008 any links? 

You won't. Jordan upgraded the platform so the "old" exhale was essentially lost and all previous threads and users were deleted.

Guest $elfish
1 minute ago, GypsyWoman said:

You won't. Jordan upgraded the platform so the "old" exhale was essentially lost and all previous threads and users were deleted.

Awww:beyfedup:

16 minutes ago, Canada4286 said:

Were you a Stan though? I wasn't didn't really pay much attention to her at the time that's why I like to see peoples reaction

I always loved ha tbh. Britney was always part of my life, cuz of my mommy, she's a friggin' fan of her tbh. She went to her shows since the very beginning. My first tour experience was circus! So I'm more of a stan since circus tbh. But I remember the blackout era, the vma's and so on. My reaction to the musicvid uuuuhmmm I don't know really :idkney:. The song is a ******* smasha and what I do know is, that my dad didn't want me to watch videos of her, but I did anyways. That's why I am the bad *****
The ***** that he never knew about! :donewithit:

Thank u Britney! :shameless:

The audio leaked before it's original release date and everyone thought it was fake, then when the original audio in HQ was released I thought it was a cool song but the opening phrase: It's Britney *****! effect was so catchy as well as the chorus, I used to re play those 2 or 3 seconds at the beginning, I loved it.  

About the MV, I wasn't so surprised,  I mean I kinda was because it was her 1St MV in 3 years, but I sometimes felt ashamed of watching a ******** theme MV at my 12-13s :woopsie:

Archived