What was your Reaction to Gimme More like?

Canada4286

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, Canada4286 said:

I started to stalk this site during the Britney Jean era and wanted to know what your reaction was when you guys heard the song for the first time. did you like it? and then what was your reaction when you saw her perform it at the VMAs?

Sorry if this has already been talked about but I only recently saw you guys reaction to WB and MM and all the other first Singles were promo'd really well.

Sure. :ponderney:

So uhm, I loved the song. It was slower than your regular Britney hit  but there was something extremly catchy and **** about it. :foh:

The VMA's were a mess. Britney wasn't herself and she basically stumbled on stage the whole time. Osama Lutfi allegedly drugged her the whole time with prescription meds.

Image result for britney 2007 vma gif

ps: I hated the music video. It was such a mess. I found it embarrassing.

Image result for britney gimme more gif at least we found out years later there were deleted scenes. they would've helped the video a lot tbh.

But now 10 years have passed, and Britney managed to bounce back, I guess it's kind of iconic now. You know, in a rising phoenix kind of way. 

Image result for britney gimme more gif

but the song remains one of her best. and don't forget we got the iconic IT'S BRITNEY ***** from  it.

(NO, Will.I.Am had nothing to do with it, Britney)

Image result for it's britney ***** gif

the song? i was like dead on the floor. when i first heard 'its britney *****' DUN DUN DUN i was like AAAAAHHHHHHH

the video? i remember 'girlfriend' by avril lavigne and 'gimme more' by britney premiered at the same time on muchmusic like one after the other and i was like whyyyyyyy does avril have a better music video than britney. and i knew that video wouldnt help her cause at all - cause she was getting some serious criticism at that time.

looking back now, ****, the video was rebellious and gritty just like the song. i love the video. but at the time of release - it was a mess mess mess. 

I began stanning for her in 2004, that means that Gimme More was the very first song I knew stanning her officially. I was 16 and my life was slayed forever. That song became my jam and still today is my Britney song since it was love at first time. I remember how hyped I was for the VMA's but I didn't know back then how to see the performance since I'm from Europe and here I think it wasn't broadcasted so me and my best friend drove to a friend's home who happened to had the channel in his tv. We arrived late though and he told us what just happened. I felt for her very much but you have no idea the next day Britney was over the whole word, that iconic but terrible performance was the first iconic thing I saw since I was a Britney stan. Anyways, I can say that Blackout changed my world and fit very well at that moment in my life when I was a rebel teen. :giggleney:

I didn't even know about this site, but my reaction was like these: :wontcry:

I just couldn't believe that was Britney Spears, my idol since I was 5, the one who used to release the greatest songs and videos, the most beautiful girl on Earth, looking like that, singing that thing, it was just awful :donewithit:

I knew by then that she had had a rough year, it was pretty crazy, but I still had hope that someday she would recover, like, her legacy was still intact, her career still untouched by her personal troubles, but this was the moment the scandal and darkness finally reached her music, and the result was Blackout :overwhelm: And it makes me so mad to remember, because, her newer videos, like, from FF era onwards, I never get to see them on tv, except for IWG, S&S, OLL and WB which were played a lot. Well, Criminal and Perfume only on VH1 (they slayed the Top 20 in Latin America). But Gimme More, literally, everyday I got to see it on MTV, EVERY SINGLE DAY, because I always watched tv while I was having breakfast before going to school, and it didn't matter if I woke up earlier or a little bit late, GM was always waiting for me on the television. The constant reminder of what Britney Spears had become. It was just so tasteless, so un-Britney. She could've made the same concept, a pole dancer, but actually doing it with class, with elegance, with style, not so cheap. The nightmare continued every ******* day, and it only stopped when POM video came out, to replace it. Her worst videos ever, I don't know which was worse. :embarrassney: If it wasn't for BTI video, it would've literally been it for me, I would've lost any faith on Britney Spears, but BTI was like "hey, she finally realized she can't keep doing these horrendous videos and made the smart decision of making an animated one, and it was actually pretty great". So I kept waiting, and in 2008 Womanizer finally came out, and I was like, yup, this is the Britney Spears I was talking about :crying1:

I prefer not to comment on the VMA's performance :overwhelm: Thank Godney it's all in the past

Archived