How the **** Britney got a record deal in the first place??????

Alice X

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, she was hired because of her talent as a singer but I don't think her label itself had an idea of what she was about to become. Boy bands was the trend, very few females were in the scene, she really did paved the way for all those girls that came after her, regardless of their vocal ability, dancing skills, beauty, sells or whatever factor, Britney was the ultimate pop female singer of her generation.  :queenriri:

Just now, Million Billion said:

Yes, she was hired because of her talent as a singer but I don't think her label itself had an idea of what she was about to become. Boy bands was the trend, very few females were in the scene, she really did paved the way for all those girls that came after her, regardless of their vocal ability, dancing skills, beauty, sells or whatever factor, Britney was the ultimate pop female singer of her generation.  :queenriri:

Agreed! Britney's success was all about timing. There were plenty of girls before her but the innocent America's sweetheart look is what made her a success. 

2 minutes ago, GypsyWoman said:

The only thing that would prove is that she can't sing like she used to.

I hate that attitude and it's what everyone uses. "Well she will sound bad, so ppl will hate"

If she took time and trained her voice it would only do wonders for In studio and strengthen it. 

I mean come on... then she will have to retire soon. There is no where to go. What is she gonna be 60 lipping to 40 yr old 16 year old Britney's vocals shimmying around with a walker. 

13 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

I hate that attitude and it's what everyone uses. "Well she will sound bad, so ppl will hate"

If she took time and trained her voice it would only do wonders for In studio and strengthen it. 

I mean come on... then she will have to retire soon. There is no where to go. What is she gonna be 60 lipping to 40 yr old 16 year old Britney's vocals shimmying around with a walker. 

It's easy to say that vocal training would "fix" her voice, but that's just simply not true. As people age, their voices change and for many singers who don't have a "strong" voice to begin with, the voice just doesn't keep those capabilities. Yes, Britney is/was talented, but even in her prime (late teens) her voice was not spectacular compared to the likes of other female singers (Mariah, Christina, Whitney, Celine, etc) so you can't expect her voice to be better or even close to what it was 20 years later. 

Britney just doesn't have a strong voice...I think what people need to do is just accept that and move on. This isn't a dig at Britney, it's just the TRUTH!

Archived