How the **** Britney got a record deal in the first place??????

Alice X

3 minutes ago, GypsyWoman said:

It's easy to say that vocal training would "fix" her voice, but that's just simply not true. As people age, their voices change and for many singers who don't have a "strong" voice to begin with, the voice just doesn't keep those capabilities. Yes, Britney is/was talented, but even in her prime (late teens) her voice was not spectacular compared to the likes of other female singers (Mariah, Christina, Whitney, Celine, etc) so you can't expect her voice to be better or even close to what it was 20 years later. 

Britney just doesn't have a strong voice...I think what people need to do is just accept that and move on. This isn't a dig at Britney, it's just the TRUTH!

I never said it would be strong and slay Oops vocals or before. 

With training it would improve from wherever it is now. Which we don't even know. 

Without ever trying to sing she can't go anywhere. She can't redo songs....nothing. 

Madonna for example doesn't sound like her younger years but she changes her old songs to go with her current situation etc 

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Spearsfan said:

I never said it would be strong and slay Oops vocals or before. 

With training it would improve from wherever it is now. Which we don't even know. 

Without ever trying to sing she can't go anywhere. She can't redo songs....nothing. 

Madonna for example doesn't sound like her younger years but she changes her old songs to go with her current situation etc 

I get what you're saying, but my point is that if the goal is to show the world that she can actually sing, she would be compared to every other female singer out there right now...Beyonce, Adele, Ariana even Demi Lovato. Compared to them she wouldn't have a voice that's anywhere near as "smooth" or strong as theirs so the only reaction the general public would give is, "man, she can't sing.." or "she's nowhere near as good as everyone else..." Therefore, your plan to show the world she's a good singer would just fail.

I think fans the GP should just enjoy Britney for what she delivers; catchy music with *** appeal. There's nothing wrong with that at all. People just need to stop wishing or hoping for something from her that just doesn't exist. You also forget that even when she came out, the general public did not think she was a good singer then either. So what makes you think people would see her any different now?

5 minutes ago, GypsyWoman said:

I get what you're saying, but my point is that if the goal is to show the world that she can actually sing, she would be compared to every other female singer out there right now...Beyonce, Adele, Ariana even Demi Lovato. Compared to them she wouldn't have a voice that's anywhere near as "smooth" or strong as theirs so the only reaction the general public would give is, "man, she can't sing.." or "she's nowhere near as good as everyone else..." Therefore, your plan to show the world she's a good singer would just fail.

I think fans the GP should just enjoy Britney for what she delivers; catchy music with *** appeal. There's nothing wrong with that at all. People just need to stop wishing or hoping for something from her that just doesn't exist. You also forget that even when she came out, the general public did not think she was a good singer then either. So what makes you think people would see her any different now?

I was being sarcastic in my first post. 

The *** appeal isn't working anymore though and she should sing live from time to time. I don't care what ppl say it would gain more respect either way. Even if she got her vocals on par to her weakest live song she has done. 

1 hour ago, ChrisTheLoner said:

Yass spilling the boiling tea with those receipts :queenflopga:

Also it was the perfect timing to make a thread with her singing in Singapore since it was announced today that she's performing in Singapore :clap:

She won't be singing live, honey. But we could pray for processed vocals or if we're lucky enough - prerecorded :queenriri:

21 hours ago, Darna said:

I hope someone will leak her rendition of "I Have Nothing" which she sang in auditioning to Jive. 

Can you imagine being in that room and having witnessed something like that ? I imagine it was a clouded day but a ray of sunlight got through and beamed through the window of that NYC office building right onto Britney's feet as she started singing.

Archived