Her Spotify Numbers Are Tragic - Fix It, *******!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fact is that I don't think Britney has much to prove commercially. (Although she should obviously put in the effort)

Only Madonna, Celine Dion, Mariah Carey, Barbara Streisand and Whitney Houston have sold more albums than her (Adele should be next)

Only Rihanna, Beyonce Taylor Swift, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga have sold more digital singles than her (Adele will also pass her)

So she's in the top 10 in both categories that are two different eras.  The people on that first list took advantage of the albums sales climate while people on the second list took advantage of the digital boom in the late 2000s/early 2010s.

When you 'save' your Spotify songs to your phone and listen to them without Mobile Data or WiFi turned ON (which I usually do most of the time), am I helping the no. of streams? 

Will their system count those 'offline plays' once you finally go ONLINE?

Call this an excuse, but this is what I think it is: Those that grew up with Britney and grew up buying and listening to her music did not follow the streaming age that music is currently big in right now and artists are benefitting from at the moment. She and her team have put themselves in this position, honestly, by not marketing her the right way to follow the trend that music is going in today. But she typically has good to decent initial numbers when she releases something new due to hype and fans wanting to listen, but that tends to be steady for see a halt after a few months. It's not like she's ever been a really big streaming artist and suddenly stopped; this has been consistent in her career and is pretty impressive considering how far into her career she is and how she is currently being managed. 

16 minutes ago, FeedTheStans said:

Me too, I still buy CDs! I love the feeling of seeing a fresh CD in the store from your fave artist!

Same   :soyeah:

I like having it in my hands and feeling that same feeling I did back when I was kid buying her music and being like omg...   :makeitrain:

I'm a little kiiddy with small things like that though tbh   :giggleney:

Well honestly it's reasonable for her first 5-6 albums to have lower streaming numbers (around 100 million, they all had hits), but honestly FF, BJ, and Glory should have way more streams, especially Glory considering how recent it is. It just goes to show you how underwhelming her impact is.

She can become a streaming artist however! Gaga's numbers were pretty bad as well, she's picking up now, especially since The Cure was added to TTH on spotify! That's probably Britney's biggest chance of becoming a streaming artist :tbh:

2 hours ago, ChrisTheLoner said:

Oh also one more thing

I love receipts :saycheese:

I honestly could care less if Britney has or doesn't have big spotify numbers. Maybe she isn't fit out for this new streaming era and she can't pull Rihanna numbers but in the end does any of that really matter? She has an amazing and legendary discography and nothing, not even some numbers on a streaming service can take any of that away. I prefer quality over quantity and the quality is all there :truthtea:

YESSSS PREACH :staysalty::foh:

She needs an image change - fierce, not just **** kitten. My generation is quite different, we love to complain and listen to "real artists" to feel some struggle :)

Britney needs to put her lungs to work, and dance her *** off, no one will listen to her music with the way her miahe and performing skills are now

plus the music is obviously not appealing, although I believe Glory is her best work, something's not clinging

Archived