The First Time Julia Michaels Ever Felt Starstruck Was Watching Britney Spears Record

Jordan Miller

39 minutes ago, ZoneGirl said:

Ok, so, that interview from March… Britney doesn't write songs anymore? She just came in, created some melodies, came up with concepts for songs and  (at least with Julia Michaels) that's it? I understand that's an important part of the process and I'm really happy that Britney was energetic and had creative input but I thought she still actually wrote songs. Maybe she did more of that with other tracks. Idk.

She does write

I think Justin Tranter mentioned she was very bold in her themes, and that she "can write the **** out of a song" 

julia also said she has the best melodies you'll ever hear and that she did the concept for J Like Me and that they just guided her + Karen kwak mentioned how Britney was in control of the concepts and how the

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, ZoneGirl said:

Ok, so, that interview from March… Britney doesn't write songs anymore? She just came in, created some melodies, came up with concepts for songs and  (at least with Julia Michaels) that's it? I understand that's an important part of the process and I'm really happy that Britney was energetic and had creative input but I thought she still actually wrote songs. Maybe she did more of that with other tracks. Idk.

Well ofc she still writes? She's always written A LOT, but far from all of it ever makes it onto a record. Did you know what for each album Britney and other artists works with a bunch of TOP TOP TOP producers/ writers and we never get's to hear the material because it doesn't make the album cut. In best cases it leaks after a while.

15 hours ago, NiceSpears said:

Well ofc she still writes? She's always written A LOT, but far from all of it ever makes it onto a record. Did you know what for each album Britney and other artists works with a bunch of TOP TOP TOP producers/ writers and we never get's to hear the material because it doesn't make the album cut. In best cases it leaks after a while.

Yes, as a long time fan of Britney's who developed a keen interest in the music industry and studied it because of her (basically), I am very aware that many singers/artists/musicians work with several producers whether their elite or underground and not all songs make the 12-15 track album.

I'm just wondering does Britney writes songs on her own still or does she mostly just sit in with producers and other songwriting teams and comes up with concepts, melodies or one-off lines before wrapping up for the day?

Idk, it just seems like she says she writes and I'm sure she does but maybe she's not confident in her work and so it ends up not making it to the sessions or, like she has said, when she brings it up sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't  (seems like it mostly doesn't). 

I just miss Everytimeny when she wrote the bulk of a song rather than just contributing to other tracks mostly crafted by full-time songwriters.

7 hours ago, ZoneGirl said:

Yes, as a long time fan of Britney's who developed a keen interest in the music industry and studied it because of her (basically), I am very aware that many singers/artists/musicians work with several producers whether their elite or underground and not all songs make the 12-15 track album.

I'm just wondering does Britney writes songs on her own still or does she mostly just sit in with producers and other songwriting teams and comes up with concepts, melodies or one-off lines before wrapping up for the day?

Idk, it just seems like she says she writes and I'm sure she does but maybe she's not confident in her work and so it ends up not making it to the sessions or, like she has said, when she brings it up sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't  (seems like it mostly doesn't). 

I just miss Everytimeny when she wrote the bulk of a song rather than just contributing to other tracks mostly crafted by full-time songwriters.

She very much still does, and just as much as she loves dancing or taking on kids dancing classes I'm sure she'll always continue to write music as well. 

Archived