Dr Drew talks about Britney acting "stiff"

anti

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's right on a couple things including the fact that the conservatorship might be the reason she can go and do these things. But that doesn't make it okay in some respects it just affirms the belief held by many fans that she may have been forced to go and tour and release albums from 2008. All aside she is definitely in a better place today and seems to want to perform and release albums. The improvement is very visible. However, he's wrong in saying that she is an adult child with mental illness, how can one be an adult child? She had a childhood and, yes, started performing at a very young age but she still went through school and had a childhood. She always wanted to be a star so it's not like she was relinquishing her freedoms as a child like say Michael Jackson who was forced to perform and had his childhood taken from him. Also I really believe he's right in saying the conservatorship was risking the relationship Britney had with her parents. She seems to love and respect them but at the same time deep down I don't know if she would trust them. 

25 minutes ago, Slayde said:

He's right on a couple things including the fact that the conservatorship might be the reason she can go and do these things. But that doesn't make it okay in some respects it just affirms the belief held by many fans that she may have been forced to go and tour and release albums from 2008. All aside she is definitely in a better place today and seems to want to perform and release albums. The improvement is very visible. However, he's wrong in saying that she is an adult child with mental illness, how can one be an adult child? She had a childhood and, yes, started performing at a very young age but she still went through school and had a childhood. She always wanted to be a star so it's not like she was relinquishing her freedoms as a child like say Michael Jackson who was forced to perform and had his childhood taken from him. Also I really believe he's right in saying the conservatorship was risking the relationship Britney had with her parents. She seems to love and respect them but at the same time deep down I don't know if she would trust them. 

he meant that she is Lynnes child - but an adult.  For Lynn Britney will always be her "child" no matter how old she is.

I always knew that she's stiff because of her medications. During FF she had those "dead eyes" so I guess she had more medications back then, because today she seems very alive and present.

But she's still stiff like during Circus era. I guess she started with those medications right before official start of Circus era, because we can see on Mannequeen rehearsal video that she's dancing perfectly.

I still believe that she can get better choreographies, that suits her more and that are more effective on stage. (Slave4u, BTI old choreography, MATM)

She just have to tell her choreographer her condition so they can make the best out of it.

I kinda feel like that's just a piece put out there to shut up the critics of the conservatorship. I'm sure team Britney knows a lot of people think it's totally unethical to still have her under it all these years later so they get some popular TV Dr to defend it. I mean if he really thinks she only had bipolar (not 'only' but like, not a worse mental illness) then why would he condone her still being in those conditions. Also when I google him I don't ever see him studying psychiatry or psychology...unless I'm wrong?

Guest I Think I'm Ready Now

Of course she was stiff because of her medication

No one can look that robotic without being on something :grimace: She also had a weird slow-speaking voice 

I was ready to come in here and call dr drew a sham, but what he said is actually true. At the same time though I hate when people make mental illness a talking/debating point. No one needed him to come out and tell everyone that Britney was on medication and it was making her stiff. I think thats pretty clear for anyone whos been paying attention. I know people with Bipolar and the balance of medication is a very tricky thing that can sometimes take years to get right. All I know is Britney seems 1000x happier and healthier than she did in 2010-2012, they've obviously found the right balance for her and I think we should all be thankful for that. It seems like a lot of the time we want to overly criticize Britney, but we forget (including me) how much she has been through and all the things that she has to deal with on a daily basis that we probably have no idea about. 

9 hours ago, Slayde said:

In my opinion, I don't feel like her parents forced her to release albums or anything. Because after all, her dad isn't the label. Like he can't force her to record and release an album and promote. He can make sure she doesn't do ***** or hang with bad ppl or blow her money like she was in 2007. But that's it. I think the lines of the c-ship can't be blurred like that. Britney always says that she enjoys recording and being productive and she doesn't know what she'd do with herself if she wasn't being a performer. Maybe she wanted to get in the studio as quickly as possible after her breakdown to get her mind off of everything. And they probably already had a set time of when they would record Circus and FF, and when she would tour, etc. Not expecting that maybe her medication would interfere. Who knows, you know?

But I am thankful that her parents stepped in with the c-ship. I try not to judge it because we don't know how she is behind the scenes. And I doubt if she were being abused or being held in it against her will, that she has no one in her life who could help her get out of it. Her siblings/cousins/best friends don't benefit financially from it. They could help her contest it if she's just being mistreated. The c-ship saved her life. She was showing no signs of getting help or getting better and they did what they had to do. I can't be mad at that. 

Archived