Selena is the new Britney

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Selena is actually the least like Britney. She's a B level pop star who only became a singer aka off key whisperer because her acting career bombed. She doesn't have a unique voice or actually a voice at all, no dancing abilities, overrated looks and even her songs in a generic landscape are uneventful. I won't even get into her terrible performances and horrible music videos. Britney especially in her prime was a dynamic performer because she could dance and command a stage with ease. She's a good songwriter and she has passion for her career. Calling Selena the new Britney is not only untrue but it's disrespectful to Britney's legacy. She was without a doubt the definitive pop star of an entire generation. 

2 hours ago, BritintheZone said:

In order to be the next Britney you need to have the success that britney had tbh. Plus the dancing skills and iconic performances . Additionally the extreme fame

As much as I love Selena , she not it. Nor is any other pop girls at the moment.

This. The only person that's even got remotely close to Britney when it comes to fame and success is Justin Bieber.

I think Selena wishes she was as talented and iconic as Britney was in her prime. A lot of the pop girls today incorporate parts of britneys brand into theirs, some more than others. I dont think its bad to be inspired by other people though so whatever. Selena has some cute hits and I actually kind of like her but comparing her to Britney in her primes is a little :ehno:

13 hours ago, DirtyMind said:

Seriously.

I like Selena - she's good for some bops, and I give her credit for always singing live despite her shortcomings - but she doesn't have any of Britney's talent or charisma.  This comparison needs to ******* die already.  

yeah...i dont see any britney in Selena. no one remotely gives me any type of britney vibe. 

Um no imagine this. If Primeney, even starting at Bomtney came on the scene in 2012 when Instagram was around and began her 4 year annihilation of pop music, iconic performances and overall stunning beauty she would be the biggest star in the world even now amassing somewhere in the realm of 200-250 million Instagram followers. Like can you imagine the Instagram posts from Primeney? She would literally break the record for most likes every time she posts a photo. After all, the only iconic thing Selena has achieved is her Instagram followers and even Britney has a more interesting stream than she does... :nynod:

Archived